Getting To Know joeynbgky & danielc!

Joey my friend owns two restaurants. There is a lot of overhead, but the money is good when business is good of course. He opened a second restaurant that had a bar. His first idea was to make the bar a gift shop. His dad said you can have the restaurant, and I will take the bar. At first it was just close friends and local people. Within a few months the bar was way too small so they expanded the bar into the restaurant. Then that was not enough so they closed the restuarant down so to speak and now it is just a large bar. Funny thing is they sell more food now that it is a bar than when it was a restaurant. There is no waste on alcohol. If it doesn't sell today, there is always tomorrow. When they took over the bar it was doing 4 grand a month. A year later and it is doing over 100k per month. It's a money maker for sure.

Now I would love to know how you left a job making 175k and you have to take out a loan to buy a dink tm?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, daniel. Most of my stores that i had there deposit was between 3-6 k a day..

Why I left the restaurant business............ I was married, had 3 new cars and a new home.. I was on top of the world I thought..... Then it all happened.......... My wife was on her was to a bacherette party. they were turning left on a country road. a semi truck driver was barreling down the road drunk with his headlights off... The semi hit them in the side of a brand new Volvo, that I bought cause i thought it was safe.... They flew my wife to the hospital in a helicopter, where she died..... after that....... The semi driver got out of it some how. I lost in court. After all of the medical bills and such, and the mess i was going threw and feeling inside............. I lost it all! My wife, money, quit my job.. So later on I started at a new restaurant, saved up some money, quit and here I am. I'll be on top again. But that is why I no longer do the restaurant thing now. I still think about her everyday. Its been almost 4 years since the accident.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
its ok, but I was a general manager, then left as a district manager, or area coach same thing i didnt own it.. I did try the quiznos owner thing and it sucked.

I would love to own a Chick fil a. The only problem is you have to work for the company for five years and actually work for miniumum wage.

One of my customers owns a couple McDonalds. She worked there in high school, went to the Hamburger University, and now she has so much money she pays me to clean up after her dogs once a month. Seriously she is loaded.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
100g's a month is a good solid localk reastaurant. Most I ran we did between $40,000-80,000 a week. It was a 66/34 split food alchohol. Bay Tower we did up to 30g's a busy night but that was wine and specialties.
Amrheins we did $75-80 a week and $22,000+ on st pattys day
Farragut we were very diverse because I didn't want to worry about 1 stream of income and I took them from 900,000 to over $5.4 million a year in sales in 4 years.
The unbelievable part is we have some high end restaurants, a landmark restaurant and a pub and grub kinda and then we go to Sodexho and go with cafeterias
State Street Banks main cafeterias over $12,000,000 a year in business. One compound maybe 5 locations
Umass boston $11,700,000+
People laugh when I tell them take your culinary degree and make the most you can at these places. Now I have never heard of anyone in any district manager or even less than VP of operations making $175,000 a year but hey whatever

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Hey, greg you should know the salarys, after talking to you on the phone. hmm, well anyways, i did. and oh well. now we are all carpet suckers go figure

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom