Getting To Know John Olson @ Superior Cleaning Solutions

X

xfgeek

Not sure we ever officially pulled down your pants here, but what the heck , lets do it again…     -Were you ever a full time carpet cleaner?*** -How did Superior Supply come to be? -Just how bad ass were you in your Vegas glory days? -Who is your ideal customer? -How many rounds [...]

More...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
-Were you ever a full time carpet cleaner?

No. Background is BSC..(building Service Contractor) Been cleaning since I was old enough to dump a trash can. I have years of RX-20 time and buffer/bonnet/strip and wax but low hours behind a wand. Wands are for employee's :)

-How did Superior Supply come to be?

It is Superior Cleaning Solutions knucklehead....Sheesh. As for how it came to be, well the stars aligned and the world fell into place..On a serious note JWC Inc./Steam Way of Utah was going bankrupt after a series of bad beats (employee embezzlement bad business decisions ect.) Things worked out that me and Lora where able to purchase the inventory and assets and start Superior Cleaning Solutions. We did not buy the company. Which is funny you asked as Today our 6 year Anniversary.

-Just how bad ass were you in your Vegas glory days?

I'm not in prison, so I must be smarter then I was bad ass....

-Who is your ideal customer?

I have friends not customers. Customers shop elsewhere.

-How many rounds of Ammunition do you have in you War Room? and how many can of baked beans..

We probably have 10-12k rounds at home and 5-6k here at work. We have a 1 year supply of freeze dried food for 2 people or 6 months for 4 and we have (2) 72 hour bug out kits for 4 here at the office

-If you shut the store down and started cleaning for a living, describe your truck and set up as well as how you would market to your non existent client base?

I would set up three units right away. A trailer,box truck and a van. I would have 650's on the box trucks and van and a Peak in the trailer. You can search for pictures as to how we set up trucks/trailers. As for marketing I would follow what has been proven to work. Direct person to person advertising along with radio and tv. Surprise me that only the franchises use those mediums. The cost is big but so is the return. You want people to think of you when they think of clean. Not 1800 Stanley steamer we get your carpets cleaner...or like it never even happened. You need something that sticks..

What I see people struggling with is trying to re-invent the wheel.Stop it. Pay someone that knows what they are doing! Doesn't matter what your selling a widget is a widget and what works to sell one widget will most likely work to sell your widget

-What are the most valuable lessons learned from participating her on the WGCCF?

That people are mostly good and the ones that ain't very quickly show their ass.

-What are you best selling items in the store, and online?

Based on what? We have a pretty good mix of people that like different brands so chemicals seem to be pretty even across the board. Online is pretty much the same. Hard to pick what will sell more of at any given time. It is funny though things seem to sell at the same time across the country. Example I can go months and not sell a single lift buddy then I'll sell 4 in one day and have them all spread across the country.

-When he lived with you, at what point in the afternoon did you finally kick Hoodledink in the ass and demand he wake up?

Since we are at work at 7:30 I have no Idea what time he got up.

-Who’s hands do you refuse to shake at Connections?

Well I still shake your hand so you have nothing to worry about brother :)

-Jon Don or Interlink, who has made the better offer?

Still waiting LOL

-Regret the Tatt?

Absolutely not

-What was the best argument you took place in on MB?

Did I participate in an argument?

-Who cleans your carpet at home?

Sunshine Cleaning and Restoration and our Rugs are done by Boss Systems (the Oriental Rug Company)

-What more can MB do for you?

Buy my plane ticket and pay for my rooms at Mikeyfest

-Where do you see SS in five years?

Not a clue my crystal ball is broke.

Thanks buddy! Sure thing brother :)

Name
Shawn Forsythe
About damn time you answered those questions, John.

How many years have we been waiting?

You don't know how close you came to getting banned.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I can't begin to say what I think of Olson. He helped me out when I got back into this business, he has called me up and lead the way to have a Ti wand repaired for me when he hadn't even sold it to me originally. John has stood behind everything that I have bought from him. And is currently helping out with a small dilemma that I recently experienced.

Hats off to Olson!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Glad you did this thread!
My wife and I (Chris and Cat) are New to the scene in E. TN and Johns name was dropped to us (by Bob W. who built our Truckmount) after having some communication issues with one supplier, the factory turning their noses at us and another not carrying really what we want..

After the recommendation and reading this thread, we will be contacting him.

GC&C Services powered by SteamGenie :winky:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks guys :) I'm only as good as those we do buisness with and since I only do buisness with my friends I've got the best friends in the world. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom