Give til it hurts!!

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm pretty damn convinced that I will refuse to let anymore charity fundraisers take place here on MB.
After the Josh Woods debacle I'm still so pissed off that the board's members (and credibility) was abused to this level I'm about to about to call the Pope to file a complaint.

any of you old timers remember the General Tom incident?
How much was donated to his cause and we never saw nor heard from him again.

Name
I'm Rick James
Who would of thought that a person thats been on the BB for years and a preacher would just bail on everyone like that. Its him that has to live with his actions. I just donated a complete shower restore for a local non profit group I help out from time to time. Theres still alot of good people out there that appreciate peoples efforts.

Mikey P

Administrator
hogjowl said:
The one common denominator is all this is ...

YOU!

exactly.

and how do you run Piggly Wiggly Clean Care down there Merty ?

With a complete lack of respect of basic morals or do you make it a requirement that your staff and clients all treat each other with respect when the pig shit hits the fan?

I would imagine that you're a Southern Baptist so you're use to being lied to in the name of god.

Bob Foster

So things didn't work out on this one.

There's hardly a soul here that hasn't needed some form of help at one time or another. I would think many here would find it very hard to turn their back on someone in need if they were in a position to help them.

MerCrewser

There are people in need, and there are people that need to go out of business. If family and friends are unwilling to help, it's a red flag.

-JB-

Name
JB
...well I certainly appreciated the help when I was down, it meant more than most here will ever know, I hope. Truth be told the moral support phone calls and kind PM's, meant as much as the financial gifts to me, sometimes more.

That being said, I believe I am instructed to give freely and w/an open heart (Deut. 15;10), and I try to do just that, I would recommend that the next time any of you give for anything look in your heart and be sure that, if you give you can honestly say you gave freely with no; expectations, just the fact that you did what you believed was right AT THE TIME, based on the information you had before you should suffice.

I said back when all my troubles were at their pinnacle, that I owed it to the good people of this industry, (frankly you MB's and a select few outsiders as well), to pay it forward. I'm working towards doing just that as we I type this. If my "plans" come to fruition, I hope those of you that were there for me two plus years ago, will come talk with me personally about my opportunity to pay it back/forward, please guys look me up at MF, I'm looking forward to seeing and talking with you all!

...and Mikey, please, brother, don't let the bitterness of this last event eat at you, your a good man and friend.

Name
Ron lippold
to me it seems that we had a bunch of expectations of josh and he did not live up to them.

Whos fault is that?

I think that when you give something its like letting go of it and not expecting anything back.

It could be josh is a good liberal and told a good story he is a preacher isnt he. A story teller?

Most libs thinks that the world revolves around them. Its our duty to take care of these loosers.

He just told a good story

Mikey dont let this jack ass due you in. This place will continue to be a giving place. There are still more good than bad. Be careful of a good story.

F

FB7777

I agree with Ron on this one Mike

the efforts from Harper, you and the board came from a good place

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron, Bob, Fred, you guys are right, thanks.

In the Josh case, my neck hairs were tingling from the get go. I wanted nothing to do with it due to pass behavior by him.

"next time" I'll get more involved.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
One of the main reasons that people who are in a position to provide needed support in any arena give for not doing more is "that there are so many con men out there" or "you don't really know who gets the money" etc etc etc.

That's the risk you take to do the good, the right, the unselfish thing.

Like any other decision to donate time or money, you can investigate the issue and recipient as much as you can, but in the end, you have to have a measure of trust and faith.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Would now be a good time to ask you guys for some money so I can go to MF6? :lol:

Bjorn

I think the real problem is most of you don't know what the word gift means

it's that gift with all those invisible strings attached

it's that gift that gives you the right go run that persons life

most of you put way too much a price tag on something called a gift

Matthew 6
Giving to the Needy
1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Odin said:
I think the real problem is most of you don't know what the word gift means

it's that gift with all those invisible strings attached

it's that gift that gives you the right go run that persons life

most of you put way too much a price tag on something called a gift

Matthew 6
Giving to the Needy
1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

the problem is terry, that someone(s) dont understand the meaning of gratitude. I think if he would have spoke up just a little, to say thanks, or hey it helped me do this, or do that...then 90% of them would have been fine.

Its the fact that someone who supposdly knows better (a "leader" if you will) did NOTHING but go and hide in a hole..THAT is what ticked people off

lonewolf

Mikey,
Can I get some help
1. My corvette needs tires. - I'll donate the old ones to goodwill
2. My shore house on the water needs new stained glass widows - I'll give the old ones to a church
3. My girlfriend needs a boob job - I'll post pictures when she's done.

All joking aside, over thirty yrs of being in this biz, I think of all the times I given some extra equipment away to fellow cc's in need, or given help to an employee. Or times I helped out some of my custys for free.
Its those things that make us who we our, as well as what this board is about.
Don't get caught up in someone else's actions, cause inevitably we become just like them.
A good deed was down, I would leave it at that.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
JB said:
Truth be told the moral support phone calls and kind PM's, meant as much as the financial gifts to me, sometimes more.

UMMM??- I didn't get any phone calls when I broke my leg right after JB?

JB said:
...and Mikey, please, brother, don't let the bitterness of this last event eat at you, your a good man and friend.

AMEN

Bjorn

"the problem is terry, that someone(s) dont understand the meaning of gratitude. I think if he would have spoke up just a little, to say thanks, or hey it helped me do this, or do that...then 90% of them would have been fine."

there you go GRATITUDE hummmmmmmmm

to some of you it means that person for the rest of his life has to come here 10 times a day just to give thanks.

has to report how many jobs done how many hours and how much made with the gift.

come here and aplogise because the gift sat idle for a few days.

What I understand is the meaning of the word gift and once giving nothing more asked in return.

Giving to the Needy

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Actually it's not gratitude or anything else that is the issue. The issue was that he knew before the truck left that he was getting the other money but failed to inform Harper so Harper could decide whether to re-route the gift to someone who needed it more (since the 10K was already going to help Josh) or choose to go through with the gift to Josh knowing he was also getting 10K.

Other than that issue being a sticking point, I agree with Terje.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'd would otherwise find it funny that our resident pagan is quoting scripture.

In this case, though, he's spot on.

Good perspective Terje.

Name
I'm Rick James
The thing is Josh never would of got the TM if he told people that someone already gave him 10 grand for a new machine. People gave THEIR OWN money around christmas time to help Josh out, when in fact HE DIDNT NEED HELP. He could of paid the shipping himself. He decieved everyone on this BB.

The point is he never would of got the TM if people knew, that machine could of gone to someone that actually needed it. He should no one respect, he never said sorry for not telling people he was already helped. He can even be man enough to come back on the BB. It shows the character of the man right there.

Hope Josh enjoys his free handout that he decieved people to get. A preacher to no doubt. Wow

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JB get's a gold a star on his paper

see you in Nashville, JB
I blew a bundle of dough at the gun show last weekend that I shouldn't of .
I'm pretty sure I'll make a couple bucks off the deals, but I'm broke now
can you spare about $800?.....

..L.T.A.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ken Snow said:
re-read JB's, Ron's, and T's posts, they said it all.

Ditto Ken, Ron, JB and the viking Hun's comments.

Two more points -

Josh did get screwed out of a TM a while ago and was the subject of a scam, let's not forget that.

The big hearted Harper probably should have shipped his TM to Haiti.

Mikey P

Administrator
Josh did get screwed out of a TM a while ago and was the subject of a scam, let's not forget that.

bullshit.

Josh never came clean on what really happened on that deal.

I suspect Josh was required to put some cash into the project for shipping, tanks, fuel taps, tax or otherwise and his BD was expired.

but I could be wrong.

but I don't think so.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Stop acting like a bunch of school girls. The leukimia lymphoma raffle is coming up in a couple months and that IS a worthy cause with cool stuff to win. Start saving for that and stop worrying about WTF Josh is doing

Gary Taylor

Where do I send the money to help that guy's wife get a boob job? That seems like a worhty cause, with a payoff for us all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom