Glide for water extraction. Yes or no?

I did a water extraction last night on a commercial carpet. I used my hole glide. Man that thing pushes easy. I was suprised how the air just kept flowing and the water was sucked up very easily, but since the wand was not creating a good vacuum seal I feel like I wasn't sucking up as much as I could? Did I do right?

Farenheit251

Every carpet is going to be different. I'd definitely start with a hole glide. Truth be told. I usually do a half ass extraction on commercial glue down. With fans it is going to be dry in the morning anyway. Carpet with a pad I'm very thorough.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
If it's on underlay (yeah ok PAD) then a water claw or other option is a must to start with. Once that is done efficiently and effectively, then a holed GG equipped wand is great to run over the carpet.

If the capret is a direct stick, then a holed GG equipped wand is probably the best choice, you just have to resist the urge to go faster because you can. Slow right down and take it easy without abusing the body and let it do the hard work for you.

John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:
makes no difference, a wand is not made for subsurface extraction.

nope, it sure does make a difference.

a wand is a very good choice on CGD (no pad)
Preferred choice IMO

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:
I was talking about carpet with pad.

ah...gotcha
and i agree

the dude specifically mentioned he was extracting CGD, though

try and keep up, Draper....