glue on floor

Name
Ron lippold
Im going to look at a concrete floor that had carpet glued to it. Has anyone had luck removing. I dont know what they want, going to check it monday.. how much...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I thought you did a job like that at a movie theater a few years ago?
It’s a horrible pain in the azz. I would walk. If it’s the old school black adhesive Run. It contains asbestos and cannot be fully removed without dry solvents.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've done it a few times but only to polish the concrete. Metal diamonds ran wet took care of most of it. If there are holes and gouges a solvent and pressure may get it out...if you're lucky.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Ask any carpet glue manufacturer. There are plenty of adhesive removers out there and they'll recommend one.

I cleaned about 200 yards of it up about 10 years ago. Mohawk Industries recommended the adhesive remover
Sprayed it down with my Hydroforce @ 4:1
Cleaned up the majority with shovels (bring plastic gargabe bags and gabage barrells)
Rinsed with TM
Done

And yes, it was messy.

Bob Foster

r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7v7f_DlWIr]

r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrZrG1EZ8Yr]

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Have done it many times using the tool in the video. Some things to point out, dust the floor using a patching compound or some other powder before starting to keep the glue from gumming up the scrappers and having to stop and clean it off. Also if if existing glue is not compatible with new going down after scrapping some sort of solvent will have to be used to remove any leftover. But as mentioned above if black glue is what is there be careful I have cleaned it off and it worked but there is some risk involved be sure you don't assume that risk. I have not used my scrape away in years will sell it if anyone is interested it cost $800 new.(make a reasonable offer) I bought it to clean glue from the manufacturing floor for a commercial client who I no longer do work for. Only 2 or 3 of the eight blade sides have been used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom