GM Front Suspension

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Has anyone upgraded the front springs on a GM van. I'm on the rubber stops while sitting at rest.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I thought the C 10 was just a pick up. What are you referring to?

Probably means that it is the same suspension under both the pick up and your van. Don't skimp anywhere if work needs to be done up there. Beefy Brother Beefy!

3500 owner

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
Mark,

The proper code is 5C4: High Rate Front Springs. When ordered with a new van it is a $40 option. If you upgrade after you purchase it's about $550-$650.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
They do improve drive performance when the van is loaded "high". Think loaded to the ceiling.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm not trying to change the GVWR. I actually like the ride as is but I run this thing at or near the GVWR all the time. I'm going to put new rubber on it and have front end aligned and was thinking long term it would be better to give it a little lift, springs in the front and bags in the rear.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'm not trying to change the GVWR. I actually like the ride as is but I run this thing at or near the GVWR all the time. I'm going to put new rubber on it and have front end aligned and was thinking long term it would be better to give it a little lift, springs in the front and bags in the rear.
Check it all, ball joints, tie rod ends. Do it all at once if ya do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom