Go HEAT

F

FB7777

Did a monthly restaurant with a borrowed unit from a buddy cause I needed the extra unit and he was helping my company with other projects

It's a propane unit that gets crazy hot ( sorry no heat numbers, just know it was hotter than my high heat Butlers)

WOW! Oxley, Les and all you other propane guys are right, propane rocks

Fricken carpet cleaned up easier with one pass than ever before

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Fred Boyle said:
Did a monthly restaurant with a borrowed unit from a buddy cause I needed the extra unit and he was helping my company with other projects

It's a propane unit that gets crazy hot ( sorry no heat numbers, just know it was hotter than my high heat Butlers)

Good for you FRED...!

I loved my Butlers...

But when I went to slide- in's...The difference in the HEAT was scary... hey now
It is amazing how much the extra HEAT really matters... :!: Even though we don't
use propane. Just 30 to 40 degrees more is HUGE in the equation...

Mike Draper

I can pull 250 deg. ATW in the winter on a 12 flow wand. I'll never go back to "good enough".

Name
Nate W.
Fred Boyle said:

First it was the 360i, now propane, what's next? J/K

Just razzin ya Freddie!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Fred Boyle":2yder2vr]Did a monthly restaurant with a borrowed unit from a buddy cause I needed the extra unit and he was helping my company with other projects

First it was the 360i, now propane, what's next? J/K

Just razzin ya Freddie![/quote:2yder2vr]

wellllll hello.....we been trying to tell ya hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
After using a 360k btu heater, being capable of 250 ATW up to 4000 psi, I could never go back to "it's good enough".

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The lowest I get in the middle of winter is 210 ATM. This time of year the wand is spitting (240+ ATM).

Jimbo

Welcome to the party....

Phucktard!

Want to get REALLY SURPISED...buy a VORTEX... Seriously!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I can easily go up to the 260-300s with the diesel burner.

What I noticed is that when I accidently set my machine to those temps its just a hiss and pop at the wand and lose all the flushing energy of the water.

It cleans better (flushes) if its just below the hiss n pop temps.

I run 10 or 20 flow. Depending on the jets I put in for certain jobs.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I ran one of Duane's units for 8 yrs I miss the heat but not the burns on arms and legs from the solution lines. I have a CDS w/salsa ow bit it ain't nowhere close on heat.

S

sam miller

I had propane and diesel very hot seam splitting in some case's. The heat to remove a few minor proplems such as gum and grease when a citrus spotter will do the same thing.

I prefer my 405 and the vacuum still with plenty of heat. Just not Tattoo your arm with a brass fitting hot.

If Your a restuarant cleaner with a lot of oil then ya but I'm 99 residential. So no need.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Zee said:
What I noticed is that when I accidently set my machine to those temps its just a hiss and pop at the wand and lose all the flushing energy of the water.

Yep.

And it's good to have "overkill" in the wintertime.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Running 250-260 ATM with heat exchange on both Prochem Apex units. Heat exchangers. Only time I would like the propane or oil fired is on T & G of course cause temps drop then with the constant flow. Otherwise popping sometimes here also.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If you use the Lifejackets you don't need to worry about burns anywhere on your body.

Name
Nate W.
sam miller said:
So the life jacket covers the metal parts on the wands???

Use a safety blue female for your solution line... LIKE! Or just man up... eat yor heart out Werner

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's it.

One more, and who knew that from all people it would be Fred I've seen Jimmy naked

Has gone to the dark side.

Fred Boyle said:

And just imagine how nice it would be to know your cold water is only heating when you trigger the wand. You don't have to worry about your machine sitting on 240 and the phone rings or Ms Piff asks a question. And better heat in the winter.

F

FB7777

Vince,

I use Powerstrike from Prochem boosted with citrus to offset the strong scent

Ofer,

No dark side for me, while I did notice an ease in cleaning this particular account, I would never switch to propane, don't want the hassle and don't feel the need for that kind of heat often enough, besides I can substitute chemical or mechanical agitation to make up for the lower heat

Plus I don't want the burn risk for me and employees.

It was just an honest first hand observation, I can now see what the high heat guys are talking about

In the future, at this restaurant , I will either fill up with hot water at home before the job or use their hot water on site which should give me comparable heat if the incoming on board water is 120+ degrees

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Vivers said:
Running 250-260 ATM with heat exchange on both Prochem Apex units. Heat exchangers. Only time I would like the propane or oil fired is on T & G of course cause temps drop then with the constant flow. Otherwise popping sometimes here also.

4 flow?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I kinda like my Pre Heater, double liquid exchanger and exhaust exchanger, and I don't have to fill a tank. Now that I have this beast running correctly, she rocks at 240+ all the time. Yeah Fred, the high heat is freakin awesome. I don't think I could go back to a CDS.

S

sam miller

Its not like I dont know the difference but when a hose pops and it will 175 atw hitting air and cooling is a lot better then 240 burning the crap out of someone.

As for keying the wand and firing the heat when a hose pops your fully keyed.

PS I love Zombieland.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
RGH269 said:
tmdry said:
If you use the Lifejackets you don't need to worry about burns anywhere on your body.

The burns came from the hose not the QD's. That unit got really HOT!!

The lifejackets go over your hose not the QD's, you can cut it in any length to cover the hoses, my diesel heater is suppose to get hot, that's why I purchased it.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
tmdry said:
RGH269 said:
tmdry said:

The burns came from the hose not the QD's. That unit got really HOT!!

The lifejackets go over your hose not the QD's, you can cut it in any length to cover the hoses, my diesel heater is suppose to get hot, that's why I purchased it.

I stand corrected I thought you were talking about the ones for the QD. The Life Jackets weren't around when I had that unit or I would have got one for my lead hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom