Go to upholstery Juice ?

randy

Name
Randy
Recently my long term favorite upholstery chem was "reformulated ". Looking to replace it. Any recommendations ?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I've never used anything that worked nearly as good as Multi-Steam Upholstery Prespray.

Smells awful, though.

Mikey P

Administrator
seriously though, when I visited three furniture retailers (a Lazy Boy Gallery, a middle of the road and a higher end and an all natural organic) last week, 95% of all offerings were 95% or more pure Polyester.

All those scary brownoutable, shrinkable designer fabrics from the past are now Ultrapakable....

These are all 100% Poly....

1566918975824.png

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Preface. Bane clone. I ordered like 25 gallons last time. Are they still in business?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use a lot of prochems fine fabric prespray and fine fabric shampoo. Works on ordinary fabrics too. Sometimes with a little scrub.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
None of those will be as knock out and as fast a cleaner as an ammoniated pre-spray. But it can also get you into some issues.

Kleenrite had a good one and there are other in the market as well. You can also boost your pre-spray with a little non-sudsy ammonia. I hate these pre-sprays smell.

But there are plenty of good ones mentioned above that would work well without the extra risk.

Avenge HD works well but is crazy expensive. About $26.00 per gallon to be diluted 1:1.
There's just no reason to pay that much for an upholstery pre-spray, where you can get pretty similar results with products that cost a fraction of that.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
None of those will be as knock out and as fast a cleaner as an ammoniated pre-spray. But it can also get you into some issues.

Kleenrite had a good one and there are other in the market as well. You can also boost your pre-spray with a little non-sudsy ammonia. I hate these pre-sprays smell.

But there are plenty of good ones mentioned above that would work well without the extra risk.
Actually, that one of the things I do with heavily soiled microfibre or polyester is to add some non sudsy ammonia.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I like ammoniated prespray products on synthetics, especially oil loving polyester and olefin.

I'm leaning more toward encap products than shampoo for everything else. They have better oil cutting qualities than conventional upholstery shampoos, and leave less residue. If you try to rinse a fabric you've shampooed, and you have a clear tool, you'll see how difficult it is to really remove all of the shampoo.

Encaps rinse out much easier.

You will get better bonding of your protector when you get better detergent removal too.

steve_64

Avenge HD works well but is crazy expensive. About $26.00 per gallon to be diluted 1:1.
There's just no reason to pay that much for an upholstery pre-spray, where you can get pretty similar results with products that cost a fraction of that.
Prochem fine fabric gags me. I just use my carpet stuff on most of what I see.

steve_64

Preface. Bane clone. I ordered like 25 gallons last time. Are they still in business?
I need to see if I can get the dry volatile solvent still. Best solvent I've found that I don't mind working with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom