Goals for 2011

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Set 10 goals for 2011 and yes Howie I did write them down!

During the course of the year I decided #7 needed to be deleted (Increase Window cleaning business)

Raise restaurant commercial business by 23% (Accomplished Actual 44%)

Have tech fully trained and on jobs by himself by April (Failed this one) (Goal set again for 2012)

Attend SFS (Accomplished)

Increase Sales 27% (Setting on 38% as of now)

Purchase a Back Up Truck (Accomplished) (V down 2 times for 10 days each this summer)

Save Money for Taxes! (will use section 179)

Get A new web site up and running and be listed on first page of Google (Accomplished this, thanks Fred!)

Tech and I to take one additional IICRC class, (Failed the tech part) (I received 2 more)

To Decrease Marketing Expenditure (Accomplished this, but not by much)

To become a better husband and father (I think I did pretty well here) attended 18 of 18 Rookie league games and attended all but one of my daugter's choir events, thanked my wife "alot" more often for all that she helps me with. Also, made it a point to have breakfast with bro's and sis's twice this year just because I wanted to.

Have set 10 Goals for 2012 Hopefully will reach as many as I did this year

Is this about how you guys do it?

Oh, and Becker we look to do about 682 jobs, but I envy you cuz alot of mine are 3rd shift commercial and most of yours are daytime resi's

We have officially been back at it for 3 years now

John Watson

Isn't a carpet cleaners goal to git off the truck??

Well, After 31 yrs, Me and my Helen finaly got off the truck.

We want to publicly thank Jarid of Top Knotch for stepping to the plate and take care of our clients for a few months till we decided what we were going to do. Thanks Kid..

Our daughter Jolene took over our commercial accounts,

Our son Jay whom was with us for 13 yrs, came back after a 7 year absence and we worked out a way for him to take the residentule and run with them. (He is happier than heck, He don't have to put up with my chit...)

We made sure they were set up with their needed equipment and I am still Disposing of the 2 10x30 storage sheds of assorted cleaning, restoration, rug and repair and installation tools.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Congrats Billy, you too John!

2012-Keep the doors open, do that and everything is will work itself out. !gotcha!

Ok, it might a little more thought. :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Lloyd Dobler said:
2012-Keep the doors open, do that and everything is will work itself out. !gotcha!
Actually that is pretty profound, Chavez. (Much of whatever "success" I had was just being too dumb/stubborn to quit and simply outlasting my competitors.)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Congratulations, John! You and Helen are two of my favorite people. (Actually I like Helen better.) I'm happy things are working out for all concerned. We'll plan for both of you at our Seattle SFS Social night this summer. Mark it on your calendar- Wednesday, August 1st! If you can't make it just send Helen! :)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
OK Steve, When I list them now I can't change them next year before my report can I ? ;)

Increase Commercial Restauant Business 15%
Increase Overall Business 26%
Have Tech & Office Staff (Wife) Trained on "Winning On The Home Front" by end of Feb
Have new Tech on his own by March
Have 3 Carpet Retailers on Board for "My Floor Warranty" Program
Push the Wizard "One Year Spot & Spill Warranty" actually just become a retailer on MFW
Complete 90% of Weekly Development Meetings
Tech to at least one IICRC class, hopefully two
Increase Church Clients by 30%
Get 1/2 of my SFS Goals completed!

To go on a couple fishing trips with my son and a couple camping weekends with the family

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Congrats John, however I don't see getting completely off truck anytime soon. Still to young a company (not me) and growth is the focus for now.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
BLewis said:
OK Steve, When I list them now I can't change them next year before my report can I ? ;)

Increase Commercial Restauant Business 15%
Increase Overall Business 26%
Have Tech & Office Staff (Wife) Trained on "Winning On The Home Front" by end of Feb
Have new Tech on his own by March
Have 3 Carpet Retailers on Board for "My Floor Warranty" Program
Push the Wizard "One Year Spot & Spill Warranty" actually just become a retailer on MFW
Complete 90% of Weekly Development Meetings
Tech to at least one IICRC class, hopefully two
Increase Church Clients by 30%
Get 1/2 of my SFS Goals completed!

To go on a couple fishing trips with my son and a couple camping weekends with the family
That's a great list, Billy. Now break it down monthly and then weekly on specific items you will do to hit the big goals. (This isn't rocket science but we all need to be reminded.)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Re: The training of wife and tech on Value Added Service concepts make life easy on yourself (and them too) and bring them to a one day VAST seminar. There is one at Jon-Don Atlanta on march 29th or even better in Tampa (warm beaches!) March 14th!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
What backup did you get , Billy? Last I heard you were dead in the water without the V.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Congratulations Billy!

I know you will surpass your 2012 goals, because I know first hand how dedicated and passionate you are in our industry!!

I'm extremely lucky to have Billy as a friend, and Ally in my town.

Every contract I have, has Billys # if anything were to happen to me....
You just cant put a price on that kind of assurance for you and your customers, that they will be taken care of no matter WHAT.

Everyone here should be so lucky to have a "BILLY" in their town 8)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Ash for your thoughtful words.

When I was running restaurants I always had good relations with competitor gms. You never know when you would run out of potatoes or something. It was give and take and some of those relationships are my clients now.

I am also lucky to have a friend and neighbor such as you and it was nice knowing when the V went down twice this summer it eased the pain a little knowing I could call on you to cover anything needed.

I really envy your knowledge and experience in this industry and hopefully we can get together during Jan or Feb to chew some fat.

Back
Top Bottom