GoDaddy websites

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Need a fresh website. Any opinions expierences with GoDaddy sites?
They have one page sites for $299 and more involved ones for $999 , hosting at $180 per year.

I know nothing about websites, seo etc.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Need a fresh website. Any opinions expierences with GoDaddy sites?
They have one page sites for $299 and more involved ones for $999 , hosting at $180 per year.

I know nothing about websites, seo etc.

Go daddy is a good provider for websites and domain names, biggest thing you want to watch for on buying a site is how many edits they allow you before your site is published. And also what it would cost to have them edit things you need edited over time. like adding a service or taking one away. most site builders allow up to 3-4 edits. and some offer X amount of time each month to allow for updates in their fees especially when they are also the ones hosting.

web pages are good, but web sites with pages for each of your services will probably be better.
if i can help in any way pm me for my phone number and ill chat with ya.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I bought a starter site a few years ago and a salesman called me the next day and upsold me for another $200 for something or another. I never could figure it out and ended up letting it expire without ever getting a web site made.

Reactions: SCC

hogjowl

Idiot™
I had a caned website thingy like that for awhile ... years, in fact. It was through Intuit. Cost me $500.

And that's what I got.

A $500 website.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
the day of the static page has passed...much like that of the scrub wand.

Check with hoody and see what he has for you. Just as Marty mentioned, you get what you pay for. In this case as valuble as it is to you, spend a reasonable amount. If it drives in work, then it really doesn't cost you.

Its the first impression many will have of your company. Spend enough to impress.

Reactions: Russ T.

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
Godaddy is OK . The initial pricing is enticing, but it ends up more expensive than you may anticipate, customer service is less than stellar and the sites aren't as user friendly for beginners as I find wix to be. You may want to check out wix.com They have basic sites that are free.

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
I'm 3 month's in on the "we build it, if you like it you keep it and pay us a fee to maintain it" I previously tried to build one through Gator something or another. I pretty much struggled with it, I did manage to get some order to it. Then the thing crashed and I just gave up. I just let my contract expire... I understand the importance of a website for any sort of business. I'm just wanting to market to a small audience and add 15 jobs a month or so. Most of my business is from a rural community and tends to be repeat and referrals. I operate out of own home. I don't want to add more than 15 jobs a month. So spending $600.00 a month to maintain my Google ranking isn't as important to me as it is for others. I should add I'm a weird duck by nature.
I'm pretty happy about the website it cost me 114.00 a month. I haven't tracked how many jobs it's created as yet. I left it alone for the first few weeks just digesting the content. I had no idea how to describe what I even wanted my site to say, much less what color. I ended up going with Web.com and they are a scary and slippery bunch. But overall I give them a passing grade. I gave them some pictures some dialog to play with and told them to run with it. It was a free trial right? Not exactly...they processed my card prior to my approval of the finished product.:hopeless: It all worked out I want to learn how to use the adwords and fulfill my contract. I know I don't want to do it myself when my contract ends. Hopefully I will be more informed by then. So far, so good.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I would go with the wordpress...it's more google friendly...check www.hostgator.com they have wordpress deals as well...If you design a website yourself thru wordpress it is time consuming and your wife usually is frustrated with you because all you do is f___ with your website...LOL It's been going on with me for many years now...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
I'm not paying 600. I pay the 114.00 a month. I'm using it as a learning tool. I'm hopeful in the spring I will have a much more defined idea of what I want.

steve_64

I didnt like the way Godaddy tried jacking up prices for domain names once I looked at them.
They seemed shady to me.

BizIQ has my interest so far but im still skeptical.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom