Going all in this summer.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am making good progress with my biz. I open up my first office that is not at my home, just hired my replacement this week. And should get a second van this summer.

I am getting off the vans and just going to straight salesman. Anyone ever try this? After 12 years I have little interest in cleaning carpets anymore and just want to build up Go Green. I figure the best way to grow is to get off the van and go make it happen.

I should be off the van by next month. This is a new path I am taking with my biz, so I am accepting of any advice from you guys have for me.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Good to hear Brent. Its the only way you're going to get your biz to the next level. Best of luck.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It's all in who you hire. Good luck. Sounds like a plan.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Commercial accounts are going to be your bread & butter... Once you have overhead like salary & rent you'll appreciate the "predictable revenue" that commercial cleaning offers. Find those frequent service bread & butter accounts to cover your overhead and residential will be the jam. Besides, if the equipment is just sitting there all night it's not making you any $ is it?

Build a commercial route and train someone you can trust to service it. Personally I prefer 2 man crews. A minivan with 2 sets of VLM equipment & porty can be a profitable and less expensive "2nd truck" & If you need a TM on a job you've still got one...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
brent said:
I am making good progress with my biz. I open up my first office that is not at my home, just hired my replacement this week. And should get a second van this summer.

I am getting off the vans and just going to straight salesman. Anyone ever try this? After 12 years I have little interest in cleaning carpets anymore and just want to build up Go Green. I figure the best way to grow is to get off the van and go make it happen.

I should be off the van by next month. This is a new path I am taking with my biz, so I am accepting of any advice from you guys have for me.

This is better than Marty selling his V. :D
Good job...the hardest thing about getting off the van...is just doing it.
If you wait till your ready...you'll never be ready.

Let this be a lesson to all the girls here, if you want to grow your business...get off the van.
A perfect world would not have one owner on the rig.
I know you love it...but do you love money more? If not, I'll just love you where you are.

Again, good job Brent.

PS. Get ready to work harder than you ever have...but it's worth it.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
There's a guy in your area, I think his name is Ben Surdi, anyways he has this thing on the web where he helps businesses like yours grow...... :twisted:

Bob Foster

brent said:

Talk to Joe Harper.

Name
I'm Rick James
Art Kelley said:

I agree it is all about who you hire. I hired my older brother and so far its going great.

Name
I'm Rick James
rhino1 said:
There's a guy in your area, I think his name is Ben Surdi, anyways he has this thing on the web where he helps businesses like yours grow...... :twisted:

Funny you mention that. I had 2 jobs this week with a Surdi connection. One of my customers called him by accident. Surdis brother showed up did a bait and switch with my customer and pissed them off. At that point they realized they called the wrong person. She was telling me they couldnt get him to leave because he was trying to hard to book the job.

The second one, he didnt tell her the price when he was done and left the customer with a hugh bill. Kinda her fault for that one, but it still pissed her off that she didnt call him again.

So ben keep up the good work ........ :lol:

Amazing

I never pull equipment out of the van till the client knows what the job will cost them.

Exceptions, repeat clients.

Way to go Brent.

I was talking to the guys at JonDon.. Your name came up. I told them you have a lot of knowledge, and tons of drive to succeed. They agreed! I'll look forward to watching your business grow!

You'll do very well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
brent said:
Art Kelley said:

I agree it is all about who you hire. I hired my older brother and so far its going great.

Hire the smile, hire the enthusiasm, hire the will.
Don't hire the talent, don't hire the carpet cleaner, don't hire Marty. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom