Going Tankless

sassyotto

Name
Paul
got both a softener and Water Pond.
-Water Pond does not take up that much more space than a hose reel.
-Water Pond has electric hose reel
-Always have soft water so its one less worry
-For you guys that say it takes too much time to hook up 4 to the door, I hope your not the ones that say its easy to hook up to a water outlet. THAT would be too funny.
-new customers start to show me where I can hook up water. I tell them I carry my own water. What does Steve Toburen say Positive Moment of Truth
-In Wisconsin it would be hilarious to try to find a water spicket in 2 feet of snow only to have to go into the basement to turn it on - Really?
-120 gallons lasts me all day. On the rare occasions I need extra, I consider it a PITA to find a water spicket.
-am fortunate that the town where I live already has soft water so my softener doesnt work too hard. However 12 miles east, the water is rock hard and I wouldnt want to hook up to their water.
-what about cleaning outside of city sewer/water. I remember one house I did that was out of town that I had to clean the jets like every 10 minutes because I hooked up to the outside water source.
-a 1 ton van can easily carry the water.

Like I post a million times. Call 10 cleaners. You get 10 different prices and 10 different results. This is one reason why. I have to agree with the Pig on this one. Idiots.

Reactions: Andy

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When you’re ready to be an idiot like us, don’t forget to get a good filter for the houses that have well water

8DEF07D5-5629-4548-B009-68DDD2446E9E.jpeg C575ED90-2E38-4A6E-A297-86244E960872.jpeg D01D290F-6FD8-411F-9824-0D6F5337566B.jpeg

Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There's no right or wrong here. It's more what's right for your situation. Where I am, there is water everywhere. It rarely freezes. If I was in a colder area or rural area, I would want a tank and maybe a bigger truck.

Reactions: Hack Attack
Name
Lee Stockwell
6# of feed hose, on a rack out of the way.

125 gallons fresh, 3.7 sqft floor space, plenty to spare in a ton extended van. Never a problem with power, handling or brakes.

Being able to roll in anywhere and start cleaning is priceless, especially when setting up 5 or 6 times a day.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

125 gallons fresh, 3.7 sqft floor space, plenty to spare in a ton extended van. Never a problem with power, handling or brakes.

Being able to roll in anywhere and start cleaning is priceless, especially when setting up 5 or 6 times a day.
How long does it take you to fill your tank? On the third job, aren't you worried about running out of water? Takes me less than a minute to connect a hose.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
I fill at the house every morning while loading out.

If it gets below 30% during the day the 2nd person connects, if convenient, without interrupting the wand.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

3 jobs a day tops.

Reactions: sassyotto

steve_64

Unless you recharge your softener every couple days and do it thoroughly you are not getting consistent water quality.

I fill and dump at home. Spent a lot on that sewer line so I like to use it. And I have a good softener at home with good city watrr. It really makes a difference imo.

Plus I get a nice break at home between fill ups. Most my jobs are just a few minutes from home.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have always had 100 gallons of fresh water in our 2 vans. I keep track of job sizes and monitor water level of fresh water using the visual gauge. Not having to connect to water on most jobs does speed up the day.

Both van fresh water systems have an incoming water filter and on-board water softener. If I have a BIG job next in line, I will check for a water faucet and fill tank while I am cleaning at the present job. Then when I get to the next job, I do not have to worry about fresh water hookup. Since I have a great APO on both truckmounts, I am not carrying around dirty water at all throughout the day so I don't mind the weight of the fresh water tank.

Our APO's empty the recovery tank when it 1/4 full, through a standard garden hose.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I've had to do "redos" when we used their well water, not to mention other issues. So grateful to have a 110 gal tank full of our soft water ready to go. More at the ready.
I had one customer tell me to absolutely not use her well water because the last guy turned her white carpet green. Lots of limestone down deep in my area.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Come to the cold tundra... You won't be looking for an outdoor spigot if it's cold... And we avoid hooking up to them...

We let the homeowners flood their basement or home first in the spring after they forgot to unhook their hose early enough in the Fall on their frost free spigot.... That has now broken.

Finding spigots and water sources up here is a pain in the @$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom