Gonna get cheaper

FredC

Village Idiot
It’s a Wild ride at times

when it settles back to $300 during an overall market correction please don’t raft me

well...you did tell me to hold off because it wouldn't be over 300 long.......

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
UCO was up over $2 today, so at least I got out on an up day. HAL has been kicking ass for me. Keeping that.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Make your own decision and I wish you all luck. Apple is a great company and has been a great stock. Can't argue with success.

Just be careful and hedge your bets. Remember: "buy high and sell low" has never been a winning formula :winky:

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Make your own decision and I wish you all luck. Apple is a great company and has been a great stock. Can't argue with success.

Just be careful and hedge your bets. Remember: "buy high and sell low" has never been a winning formula :winky:
Maybe Mr. Boyle is just trying to facilitate a “Pump and Dump”. :)

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
But you’re right Ofer. I can’t believe I bought AAPL at these levels. But it makes sense and I think after the split there will Be a rush of new money into the stock from average investors and hedge funds.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I hope so for you.
If there is, will you sell or hold?
I don't know. Have you ever heard Warren Buffet talk about why he invests in companies like Coke? If Coke wants to make a higher profit all they have to do is raise the price of a can of Coke by 1 penny. That would equate globally to something like an $8 Billion increase to the bottom line (or something like that). That interview always stuck with me. I think AAPL is in the same category.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Apple stock and its products reminds one of grateful dead :winky:

It has its own fanatic following.

What do Al Gore, Whoopi Goldberg, Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin, Carlos Santana, Nancy Pelosi, Mario Batali, and yes, Ann Coulter have in common? Give up? They are all members of the inimitable community of Grateful Dead fans commonly and affectionately known as Deadheads.

Urban Dictionary defines Deadhead as “a person who greatly enjoys the music of the Grateful Dead and particularly the genius of Jerry Garcia.” But decades ago, a subset of fans cranked up that devotion to a whole new level and began following the band from city to city.

Seriously speaking though Stocks like Apple or large momentum stocks always scared the living day light out of me. And I've been wrong on many. I guess deep at heart I am more of a value investor than a momentum one. Go figure. No one has of yet.

And if you like Warren's genius, why don't you invest in his stock BRKB?
You'll be a hell of a lot more diversified and his long term record of wealth creation is second to none. Though he will retire pretty soon I assume, so who'll be at the helm then?

F

FB7777

Apple

own it

don’t trade it

When it goes down

buy more

Bank of America and other ANaLysts are ticks on the market

they trade derivatives and grade stocks based on their long and/or short positions

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
See what I mean?

:winky:

I am willing to bet (mentally) (starting from today) that in the next ten years a low cost index fund of the S&P 500 or a tech index fund will return better than Apple.

and with substantially less risk which should be factored in.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

You do realize Bank of America downgraded Apple to Neutral but raised their price target to $470right?

index funds are great, I’m convinced Apple is on its way beyond $200 post split which is $800 pre adjusted

Ill consider trimming my position there

Last edited by a moderator:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That must be why they call you "Brass Balls Fred" :winky:

Knowing what's at risk, you sure have the tolerance. I hope it works well for you, Fred

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I’m ready to be wealthy like radar. If he says buy Apple...that’s what I’m doing

Good for you, Matt!

In no time you'll be checking tickers in-between jobs and watching investing shows.

Money when old seems to be an important thing!

Reactions: BIG WOOD
F

FB7777

That must be why they call you "Brass Balls Fred" :winky:

Knowing what's at risk, you sure have the tolerance. I hope it works well for you, Fred
When I started investing, Peter Lynch from Fidelity Magellan was popular. One line in his Book “ Beating the street” 1993 stuck with me

to paraphrase, in stock picking the worst that can happen is a stock can go to zero and you lose your initial investment. The upside is unlimited , however, you can pick 2 dogs that don’t produce but if you pick one 10-bagger you get rich

I have a healthy list of dogs.... General Electric and Ford Motor were 2 HUGE losses

I cut them loose, took the loss and invested elsewhere

I hate watching guys prematurely SELL their winners , while holding onto their losers

Apple is a winner, it’s kicked me in the nuts a few times with massive drops , but I held on cause my thesis and the Apple story hasn’t changed

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Knowing when to sell a winner is a lot harder than knowing when to buy.

I also read and liked Peter Lynch's book. It still is a good one, because all the principles are right.

Peter Lynch, if memory serves me right, also talked about not allocating too high a percentage of one's funds into one single stock and never falling in love with any stock. Both are about managing risk and keeping one's "emotions" or anything that could muddle our ability to decide with a clear head, in check.

Or was it Yogi Berra?

On the other hand, there's something to be said in praise of sticking with one's conviction, especially if it is well thought out and always kept in check.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

A little bit of profit taking today. As expected. Silver also down .63.
The day isn’t over

watch for a spike over the next 2 weeks as Monthly options expire on Aug 21

lots of short positions need to get closed before the end of the 21st

that and the 4/1 split , this is gonna be an exciting 2 weeks

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've got options on TIPS bonds(Inflation protected securities) til the end of the year, inflation is hear and going to get worse. Printing money should only accelerate this.

It's kind of a hedge against a very expensive market.

Yea, I also picked up some more apples. Need to stop buying biotech, but I can't! Soo much crazy stuff happening in the medical/oncology fields.

Reactions: FB7777

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom