Good riddance to '08, and welcome '09.

Fon Johnson

I'm so glad to see 2008 gone. I certainly believe you make your own luck, but there are some things you cannot control. When it rains lemons, I try to look for sugar to make some lemonade. My mom was closer and closer to death waiting on a liver transplant. She contracted Hep C during a transfusion when my brother was born. We had 2 deaths in our family, and 18 deaths in our church. The time spent dealing with hassles at my family's rental property.. I just quit keeping up with it. My wife lost her job last Feb. and was out of work for almost 8 months. I lost accounts to powers beyond my control (MMM takeovers, and other similar events.) Too much sickness to remember, and the Grand Finale..

IMG_2969.jpg

2009 Seems to be starting a little better. Business is not too bad for this time of year. We are well and still kicking. My wife does have a job. It will take a while to get completely back on keel after losing over $50,000 in income, but God is blessing. The insurance company valued my truck quite high and they fixed it. The body shop did a great job, and it is about time to get it lettered now.
IMG_2980.jpg

I guess the lesson of '08 is to not give up. I have kept my faith, and God is blessing us. My mom got a liver transplant last Friday, and she is doing great thus far. It seems that the hardest thing in life is to take what life throws your way, and try to make something positive out of it. If there is one thing I have taken from everything that I can share here it would be this: Don't give up. You get out of life what you put into it. God knows I felt like just surrendering last year, but I just kept plugging away. I'm glad that I had God, and a bunch of great friends to lean on.

Someone else here may be struggling with what life if throwing at you right now. All I can say to you is: Have faith, and don't give up.

I hope 2009 is a great year for us all. Mine has gotten off to a good start. My mom has received the gift of life, and that alone is a blessing to us all.

May you all be blessed this year!

Cameron1

Fon, that's great to hear. I too believe that we make our own luck, but everyone gets put to the test at one time or another.

It's good to hear that your mom is doing well, and if she has your great attitude I am sure she will be up and kicking in no time at all.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
hope 09 goes better for you Fon

for what ever reason we all go through times that test us

I ended up in a ditch a few weeks back because of the snow, daughter and her little sister were with me, almost rolled my truck but no one was hurt and a guy pulled me out with only a small dent in the bumper

I cancelled quite a few jobs because of the cold weather

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Glad to hear about your mother, hope it continues to go well for her.

With all you had to endure, I wouldn't look at it as a sign of weakness that you felt like giving in. Most people would have given in, that was a tough year for you.

I hope 09 is much better for you!

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah good riddance to 08, we had a lot of challenges here, but it was better than 07, and hopefully 09 will be even better.

John Watson

Good for you Fon, yahoo for your mom, Just like you said hang in there...

It is like you said, We make our own luck, sometimes we screw up, Glad it is looking better for you. I wish the best for all..

Fon Johnson

Thanks, all.

The folks at *** can say what they want about the people here, but you would not believe the support that comes from these "haters." I pray for the folks on that forum. They call us "haters", yet I have had (of the few friends who knew what I was going through) calls of support, emails, offers of cash, the use of their trucks, and even a volunteer to be a living liver donor for my mom.

I'll stick with you bunch of "haters" any day. To my closest friends (you know who you are), thank you.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Fon you knew me at what was the lowest point of my life , so but sure life DOES get better just keep the faith my friend
but the sad part of all this

is

you are still so UGLY

Fon Johnson

cu said:
Fon you knew me at what was the lowest point of my life , so but sure life DOES get better just keep the faith my friend
but the sad part of all this

is

you are still so UGLY

I know, Cu. Other than Irish roots, that is one thing we have in common. :mrgreen:

BTW, how is Ilene? We still keep her (and you) in our prayers.

Back
Top Bottom