Google Adword campaign regardless of first page presence.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Do you think a Adword campaign is worth the cost even if you have a very good first page presence without it??
Personally, I usually ignore Adword ads when Googlin'.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
On mobile you only see the adword ad with out scrolling. The othr ads arexall buried. Mobile is now king. PCs often are left gathering dust.I have very good placement and I use Adwords to improve visabily and I can change the wording for specalls at a moments notice and I also, can reinforce my USP with adwords.

You can google- carpet cleaning lincoln ne. To see my listings

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Frank
Is your first page organic or in the places listing?

If it is in the places listing I would be working on my organic and then supplementing with targeted ad words campaigns.

Mobile searches are growing rapidly. The PC is not dead as Dave and his USP claim.

The problem we all will face as mobile takes over is when you search at work you will get the closet companies. We often do not get the companies in our area. This is all so a big problem for multi truck companies that serve a large geographical area.

PPC is here to stay. I would have some budget for this each month.

Just wait the one truck wonder will jump back in on this. Can't wait to hear more of his theory.

Reactions: Chris A

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Frank
Is your first page organic or in the places listing?

If it is in the places listing I would be working on my organic and then supplementing with targeted ad words campaigns.

Mobile searches are growing rapidly. The PC is not dead as Dave and his USP claim.

The problem we all will face as mobile takes over is when you search at work you will get the closet companies. We often do not get the companies in our area. This is all so a big problem for multi truck companies that serve a large geographical area.

PPC is here to stay. I would have some budget for this each month.

Just wait the one truck wonder will jump back in on this. Can't wait to hear more of his theory.

I am in the top 2-3 on Places and 3-4 organic, as well as having my Yelp page up top.......so my first page presence is great, bu personally, I usually ignore the adds up top and go right to the meat and potato results, but do not want to assume that most others do this and miss too many opportunities.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I am in the top 2-3 on Places and 3-4 organic, as well as having my Yelp page up top.......so my first page presence is great, bu personally, I usually ignore the adds up top and go right to the meat and potato results, but do not want to assume that most others do this and miss too many opportunities.

You might not be even showing up on many platforms without scrolling. Top of listing. Top of mind. You can't assume prospects will scroll on mobile this means the you have to be one of the top adword ads. Use the Google Adword preview tool to see how your company is showing up across different devises. https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
At MF Greg separated print buyers into impulse/research. I believe the same thing can happen in other media, a certain % of people want it NOW and will take the first offer. While some people will look through 3-4 offers before deciding.

Also agree with dave that you should search on your friends/family mobile devices and see for yourself how it looks. Reaching a completely different prospect IMO.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Newman

Name
Chris Newman

Hey Frank, front page organic in the Bronx, not bad! I ignore the PPC ads as well, but not all humanity acts as I do (this is a good thing).

If you run an Adwords campaign, and nobody clicks on your ad, then you pay nada, zilch, nothing.

I just started my first Adwords campaign last week, I am set up with about 8 nearby zip codes with a total population of around 400,000. 116 clicks in 7 days. I set a rather low daily budget so as to not let it run away as I refine my efforts. I am anxious to see the results.

So as I am getting more clicks to my website, does lord Googles Logarithm see my site as more relevant and rank it higher in the organic listings as well?

Franklin

Name
Frank Davis
How to you set up different zip code / cities? We come up 1st in our city but NEED to come up in nearby zip's. Adwords does this ... ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom