Google limiting organic search to TWO

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Talked to one of those people trying to sell me on their service to get me #1 on Google.
She was saying in about two years Goggles plans are to limit the organics so if you're not paying to be up there you won't be. Something like that.

Anyone hear anything about that??

Becker

Name
Becker
I don't buy it..

Most of those people that call trying to sell you and "SEO" service are full of crap!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
All I've heard is that Google wants to beat Steve Jobs to total world domination while Microsoft isn't looking. If you have an Android I think there's a follow-app with pie charts.

I wouldn't worry about two years from now in the internet world. Too much can change in unpredictable ways.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No, haven't heard.

Anything is possible but what isn't possible is the rep knowing whether or not it will happen.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I just thought I'd mention it.
My thoughts were that it would become like the yellow pages, those who have the deepest pockets would get listed. After all, these companies are ALL saying they will guarantee first place listing, and they market to everyone in town, so then you've got 50+ companies ALL being guaranteed First Place listing. AIn't gonna happen.

If it ever did, I'd be working heavily on NONE internet marketing

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ron,

Those companies that are calling are the used car salesmen of the internet. They will promise and say anything. They also do not know the future of the net or control the future.

Watch for wiggle terms with these companies. Like when the say, "They are working with Google." It just means they work on Places listing. The same as you or millions of others do.

It looks like Google is trying to make searches relevant and they want to do the by giving the local companies dominance. Such, as with Sooke where you will have only 3 carpet cleaning companies.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I noticed the plus 1 on YouTube a few days ago...didn't realize it was on Places too.....I'm soooo behind the times :lol:

gavin

the seo rep might as well said:

"Next year google will only let carpet cleaners on the first page if they pay me money"

it's sad that the more web presence you have the more the seo experts call. where were they when I needed them, ohh yeah they couldn't find me, and now they can,,,, I must be doing something right.

GCP

gavin said:
the seo rep might as well said:
it's sad that the more web presence you have the more the seo experts call. where were they when I needed them, ohh yeah they couldn't find me, and now they can,,,,
:mrgreen: exactly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom