Google pay per click

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Have you used it? Does it work? Worth it? What is the cost?

thanks

Adam

S

sam miller

I only use it in one city and limit my $ per day $5.00 gets me the first page I just wonder how do I connect it to my google places page and have show my reviews!

A competitor has his linked somehow.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
5-6 bucks a click in Chicago(suburbs) will get you in the top 5 or so.

Did it for years, stopped about six months ago... Phones still ringing, makes me think it was a waste.
Very difficult to track if click actually becomes booked job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Pay per click on the areas you're not in.

Or you could use My1pro.com
and spend one small fee per month no matter how many clicks or jobs you get and cover all the cities you cover.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
gregcole said:
Lee Stockwell said:
Cole uses it in Tampa I've heard.

It works really well at getting other carpet cleaners to click it! shiteatinggrin

How would you know Greg? :p

How did the operation go (was it your shoulder?)
I hope it is healing well.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ofer Kolton said:
gregcole said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":2hc5wtnh]Cole uses it in Tampa I've heard.

It works really well at getting other carpet cleaners to click it! shiteatinggrin

I hope it is healing well.[/quote:2hc5wtnh]

It was his heart. They took out the small black one and stitched him up. shiteatinggrin

(Disclaimer - This post was meant in humour. The author takes no responsibility for any wasted emotion or lack of ha ha by the viewers. May cause pattern baldness, indigestion, and raging anger. If an erection lasts longer than 4 hours, call your doctor and say thank you.)

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use it. I think for the cost it returns very well. I also have an amazing web guy that has me in the top positions on google so it is a double hammer.

Getting reviews to show up on google adwords is a very new thing. Untill just two weeks ago the only way to do it was use google express which is a horrible product with no control. I have been on vacation for a week and it wouldn't work when I left but this morning I noticed it is showing up on my ads.

To get your reviews to show up you will need to use your places account as an extension. Here is a blog about just how to do it. http://www.optilocal.org/google-places- ... s-adwords/

Another tip to getting goodle reviews. Make it easy for people to do it. I used to tell people
1 type carpet cleaning chico in google
2 find modern Carpet Cleaning in places
3 Don't click on Modern Carpet Cleaning but just click on the Reviews.
4 scroll down to write a review and write one for me.

By the time I got to step 4 they had glassed over eyes and were like umm ok.

Now I say type http://www.ratemcc.com and that will take you to my places page, write a wonderful review for me. I registered that domain name and just have it forward directly to my places page to make it EZ for them.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
AdamHale said:

thanks

Adam

Back to original question....what does it cost? If some clown clicks on your name 100 times in one day, is it going to cost you $500? I'm not understanding what it means or does.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Google pay per click

rwcarpet said:
AdamHale said:

thanks

Adam

Back to original question....what does it cost? If some clown clicks on your name 100 times in one day, is it going to cost you $500? I'm not understanding what it means or does.

Not unless he goes through a whole lot of trouble to hide that its the same person clicking over and over. Also you can set it up sothat people outside your service area never even see the ad. Also you can set daily spending limits to whatever you want and when you reach that limit your ads simply aren't shown anymore until the next day.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ofer Kolton said:
gregcole said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":xfso8np2]Cole uses it in Tampa I've heard.

I hope it is healing well.[/quote:xfso8np2]

Shoulder is doing well! Thanks for asking. I was able to get back in the gym this week! Light weight......

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yellow page ads, Flyers, postcards, adwords. All these questions come up about marketing and whether they work. Nearly every time someone will say Yes and Someone will say No. Why the conflict of opinion?

The reason is because it depends greatly on your market. And it depends greatly on what your competition is doing.

Recently I saw a post talking about how bad the yellow pages are. I agree they do suck, however I get a good amount of work from them. However if I noticed that a few companies were buying large ads ahead of mine pushing me back I wouldn't use them.

Same with adwords. If I saw other companies going crazy bidding up the click prices I wouldn't use them either.

My best advice would be to find a marketing source and dominate it. If you notice that few people are using adwords in your market then go for it. FYI the way google adwords is set up it costs less to be in the top position than any other if you do it right.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
"FYI the way google adwords is set up it costs less to be in the top position than any other if you do it right."

Adwords is an auction, hows it possible to pay less for top spot?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Focus on getting reviews so when someone searches (or clicks on your adwords account set up to go to your places page) they will see that you have more reviews than the other guys in your area.

It reallly does well....When people are searching

Some areas search more than others....at different times a year...etc etc etc...There are always variables.

I wouldn't spend the money on it and don't. The "free" Google places page will bring you more work in your area...But out of the area you may need a different resource...Like pay per click adwords or some other paid ad...Yelp etc.

But even Yelp is a pay per click type deal.....They want you to pay for what you get...But sometimes that works against you when you have some evil bastard with a computer program clicking the ads 100s of times.

I know people that this has happened to....In and out of our industry.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
idreadnought said:
Now I say type http://www.ratemcc.com and that will take you to my places page, write a wonderful review for me. I registered that domain name and just have it forward directly to my places page to make it Pencil for them.

That is a great idea. How many here actually do that?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
adwords is an auction however it is not an auction to be in the top spot. It is an auction for google to make the most money. Example: You bid $5 per click and get a 15% ctr, your competition bids $7 and gets a 10% ctr. Out of a hundred impressions google would make $75 off of you and only $70 off of them. Google would reward you for making them more money and place you higher. The top position tends to get more clicks so it makes sense that you could pay less to be on top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom