Google places question

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I am doing well off of Google Places. If I get an office in another town can I have another Google Places for that city as well? Will my reviews transfer over to the new place or will I need new reviews for that places account? How long after setting up a new office will it take to show up on Google Places?

Thanks

Connor

Name
Connor
If they have an address then how is it fake? Who's to judge how well satellite office is occupied?

FredC

Village Idiot
Dave......the rest of the world is not as simple as Lincoln...........

Give the holier than thou play by the rules BS a rest. I bet you wouldn't be singing the same tune if you were in an area where one search term didn't cover your entire service area.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
If you read through the stuff on google there is a place that says you should have a place page for each physical location and not to use 1 page for a franchise.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Larry B said:
If you read through the stuff on google there is a place that says you should have a place page for each physical location and not to use 1 page for a franchise.

This is from Google's guidelines:

"•Do not create listings at locations where the business does not physically exist. P.O. Boxes are not considered accurate physical locations. Listings submitted with P.O. Box addresses will be removed.

•Do not create more than one listing for each business location, either in a single account or multiple accounts.

•Businesses that operate in a service area, as opposed to a single location, should not create a listing for every city they service. Businesses that operate in a service area should create one listing for the central office or location and designate service areas. "

Google also says,

If you have multiple listings for the same location in different Places accounts, please delete duplicates in all accounts except for one. Duplicate listings in multiple accounts are a violation of our Places Quality guidelines ."

-
Google just doesn't want busineses to game the system by using fake adresses (from relatives and empolyees or where ever) and fake phone numbers.

I don't care if some game the system it's up to them. (If I was their competition it would be an other matter.)
It's is a real gamble. They could end up with:

Your listings did not adhere to our Google Places quality guidelines and has been deactivated. If they get flagged for review by a compeditor.

Connor

Name
Connor
Royal Man said:
and fake phone numbers.

Why would somebody use a FAKE phone number, how could that possibly profit them?

Becker

Name
Becker
That's funny, Every McDonald in the area has a separate place...

Why would you not want a place listing for each location if you have more than one location.

PO Boxes, and fake addresses is one thing, but true physical locations is another.

I'm pretty sure when Dave retires he is going to apply for a job at Google.. Places Cop.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If I get an office in another town can I have another Google Places for that city as well?
Yes. You can wait for them but should just set it up and define your service area from that office. If the service areas of the two office overlap, show the entire service area on both place pages. When Google maps comes up it will show both locations.

Will my reviews transfer over to the new place or will I need new reviews for that places account?
Reviews do not transfer, but customers will see reviews for both places at once so it doesn't matter.

How long after setting up a new office will it take to show up on Google Places?
Google gives themselves an undefined amount of time after you register, but the last time I set up a page it showed up within minutes.

Like Facebook, Google does what it wants when it wants. Rampant cheating might be ignored, or might result in the Google version of the death penalty: de-linking you until people have to type in your URL to find you.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Becker said:
I'm pretty sure when Dave retires he is going to apply for a job at Google.. Places Cop.

google2.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
The USPS is now offering PO box holders the option of using the Post Office address as the business' "physical address".

They are also offering to accept packages that previously couldn't be sent to PO box addresses, putting them in a secure keyed drop box.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
So far it will only help to get on Google Places if you live in the following cities: Grandville,Los Angeles, CA and Pompano Beach, FL

Usually When a cleaner manufactures fraudulent locations it is to capture the numerous locations surrounding their business or to gain business outside of their current business location.

With it being in only 3 locations. I'm sure Google is very aware of this and is planning a way to take action for duplicate listings.

Connor

Name
Connor
Yeah, I am sure that Google is sooo concerned with a couple of people using phoney addresses, considering PPC fraud is so well policed. :roll: You know, integrity and all that.

FredC

Village Idiot
I have found that the purpose of the listing rules is more to prevent multiple listings for the same search term and not necessarily different areas. I have many listings that use UPS, USPS, Virtual offices, etc targeting additional service areas that pass manual review even though it is very obvious that it is not a true B&M location (I do prefer to use houses though). They must be setup properly though. Simply grabbing a bunch of UPS store addresses and claiming listings for them will probably get them dropped or merged in the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom