Goop free from the looks of it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I didn't say I'd buy it, I just said it looked better.

His units maybe be great for the money, but if I'm going to spend half of what a brand name is going to cost me, I might as well go all the way and buy a brand I'm comfortable with.

G

Point is Nick gives guys performance of the higher units at half the cost - of course any requested options are gonna raise the price.

Most of the problems Nick has had concerning his units are with folks that cant work on their units . Simple things that fail in the course of regular working conditions that folks with working knowledge of tms can easily take care of are blown out of proportion from guys with little or no mechanical skill.

Mikey P

Administrator
How much would it cost to have it power coated (before it was assembled please) and a belt driven blower?

Can you find out James?

oh, and a real spring relief valve.

I guess find out why that unit is unused yet being sold on a used TM site too.

G

As I recall , the guys was useing it for apartments and pulling it with a 4 wheeler . He may have gotten out of that type of business .

You know , you could always buy it and let Lee Stockwell re engineer it . Anyone seen Lee Stockwell ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a good deal as long as you're willing to take the risk of going with a small builder. (Unless you're dealing with someone like Brevik, who is an engineer and has CAD designs and lazer cut materials)

To me that risk is magnified for a guy on a budget.

I can make a bad decision on a purchase of a machine or piece of equipment and survive it. I'll be pissed, but more at myself for trying to save a dime and believing some hype.

A guy that has limited funds had better do a much better job of researching their purchase. If you blow it and buy a new model or an untested machine or piece of equipment, it could be a knock out punch.

That's not saying don't buy a Nickomatic, just don't listen to the hype. Research it yourself, see one operate and talk with those that own one, then make an educated decision.

G

very fair Chavez .

I have suggested to Nick , seeing as he has no distibutor or customer network , to try to market his machine to guys with enough mechanical ability to understand tm basics and follow troubleshooting instructions when a problem arises .

If the are not adept at all they need a unit that a national service center can provide .

G

Chris Muetterties said:
Why not bring a Nick-o-Shit to Myteefest so we can run it next to the Judson ?

Let me ask you Chris , cause you seem fairly intelligent - lets say we run them both ( comparable units , side by side - maybe we clean equally dirty carpets - what do you think is gonna happen ??

G

maybe - it does happen to a lot of units - on the other hand , how much cash have you made in 400 hours ??

Mikey P

Administrator
lots but I'm also gonna piss of a customer and loose a half day or more dealing with something most every other TM does not have issue with so why bother?

SO MANY other, wiser choices to be had.

G

RCTPKS said:
That's a good deal as long as you're willing to take the risk of going with a small builder.

To me that risk is magnified for a guy on a budget.

I can make a bad decision on a purchase of a machine or piece of equipment and survive it. I'll be pissed, but more at myself for trying to save a dime and believing some hype.

A guy that has limited funds had better do a much better job of researching their purchase. If you blow it and buy a new model or an untested machine or piece of equipment, it could be a knock out punch.

That's not saying don't buy a Nickomatic, just don't listen to the hype. Research it yourself, see one operate and talk with those that own one, then make an educated decision.
Garcia,Mr Chavez(just in case you did not know,that is Gringo for thanks :D )

G

Mikey P said:
lots but I'm also gonna piss of a customer and loose a half day or more dealing with something most every other TM does not have issue with so why bother?

SO MANY other, wiser choices to be had.

thats just what Im talking about anyone that needs half a day to change a couple that shouldnt take more than 20 minutes tops needs a service network - then your gonna have to wait in line .

James Cooper said:
[quote="Chris Muetterties":3e4yxvze]Why not bring a Nick-o-Shit to Myteefest so we can run it next to the Judson ?

Let me ask you Chris , cause you seem fairly intelligent - lets say we run them both ( comparable units , side by side - maybe we clean equally dirty carpets - what do you think is gonna happen ??[/quote:3e4yxvze]

James I will point out that HOST won at the Ice Rink. The Host users were afraid to show up and get bashed but 1 Lady from Host had guts and BELIEVED in her system and showed up and KICKED BUTT.

Those who don't show up only end up looking like they have to hide something.

The year that Vortex was there with their new FMI that was Mikes they took a beating for years over the noise ( it was unbearable way louder than mine) but they kept coming and improving their rig.

So as for your question, I feel that when 40-60 guys get to play with a tool at Myteefest the truth will show up.

G

Chris Muetterties said:
[quote="James Cooper":3qa11hfc][quote="Chris Muetterties":3qa11hfc]Why not bring a Nick-o-Shit to Myteefest so we can run it next to the Judson ?

Let me ask you Chris , cause you seem fairly intelligent - lets say we run them both ( comparable units , side by side - maybe we clean equally dirty carpets - what do you think is gonna happen ??[/quote:3qa11hfc]

James I will point out that HOST won at the Ice Rink. The Host users were afraid to show up and get bashed but 1 Lady from Host had guts and BELIEVED in her system and showed up and KICKED BUTT.

Those who don't show up only end up looking like they have to hide something.

The year that Vortex was there with their new FMI that was Mikes they took a beating for years over the noise ( it was unbearable way louder than mine) but they kept coming and improving their rig.

So as for your question, I feel that when 40-60 guys get to play with a tool at Myteefest the truth will show up.[/quote:3qa11hfc]

I hear you , but its comparing like units with comparable components . Not different methods. The only real difference should be the price tags and the available options on each machine .

What would be better is to make a list of components and options avail - for both machines , that way all things could be the same going in , and it could come down to price tag and design . But as far as performance , you do know there isnt going to be any difference dont you ??

Performance between what ?

Lets say you took a simple formula like 1 cleaning pass and 1 dry stroke with that same vac and pressure hose.

Yes their would be a difference.

Now if you want to say that a Nick-o-Shit with 3 cleaning strokes and 4 dry strokes will do the same as an ElDiablo with 1 clean and 2 dry you might be right.

But since Labor is the highest cost of doing business there is no way that their performance is the same.

The other factor is when a Tech or an O/O gets busy say with a Nick-o-Shit they will start cutting out the extra strokes to save time because they priced themselves too cheap or the Techs commission is dropping.

G

Chris Muetterties said:
Performance between what ?

Lets say you took a simple formula like 1 cleaning pass and 1 dry stroke with that same vac and pressure hose.

Yes their would be a difference.

Now if you want to say that a Nick-o-Shit with 3 cleaning strokes and 4 dry strokes will do the same as an ElDiablo with 1 clean and 2 dry you might be right.

But since Labor is the highest cost of doing business there is no way that their performance is the same.

The other factor is when a Tech or an O/O gets busy say with a Nick-o-Shit they will start cutting out the extra strokes to save time because they priced themselves too cheap or the Techs commission is dropping.

You did think this through didnt you ?? Logic dictates that if you run the same blower, pump , etc. , end results will be the same. I know to some , this may be rocket science , but really , its not - its pretty damn close to janitorial work - thats reality buddy .

Ahhhhhh

So you only want to run like models!!

No problem and a great idea but I still disagree with you on 1 point. Part of putting all these items together to form a TM is when the builder shines just because they all have the same blower, pump, motor and heat will not mean they will run the same or have the same longevity.

G

You do know Josh Woods , despite being unhappy with his EZ , is still running his EZ 6 years later ? Did you know Nick volunteered to completely rebuild it for Josh ??

I wonder what that averages out to price wise per year ??

G

James,I have to tell you having outstanding heat DOES make a difference in my world.I have had 8 different setups over the years,that was my testing ground.

G

Kevin P said:
James,I have to tell you having outstanding heat DOES make a difference in my world.I have had 8 different setups over the years,that was my testing ground.

Of course it does , anytime you can increase any part of the cleaning pie you will come by your results easier thus increasing your production . However it still isnt going to help you achieve any results you cant achieve with any other tm .

That took all of thirty seconds to read that site. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not too impressive. Must be a one man show. Are there similar small machines from a more respectful looking business?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom