Gorilla Boxtrucks

F

FB7777

Seems a bit ridiculous and far too pricey for my taste.

Do you really need a hydraulic shelf to slide the machine out?

Too many compartments, seems impractical,for the filthy line of work we perform day in and day out

Based on past experience of equipment that has only been out in the field for a very brief period, I certainly wouldn't want to be an early adopter

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Very nice!

And yes..unfortunately I have to second that: waaay too much money for just the vehicle without equipment.

Edit: I have to "third" that..since Fred posted while I was typing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that is awesome! I'd love for all my water trucks to have that setup. Looks like its well thought out, well built too. :headbang:

But I paid $7,000.00 for my last box, no where near as nice but functional enough for the money.

Name
George Valliant
That truck wants me. :afro:

Pitbull video - I know you want me (calle ocho)
[video=youtube;E2tMV96xULk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk&feature=share&list=RDE2tMV96xULk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tmdry

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Very cool I wonder how much just for the box. The hose reel box is small. I currently use roll up doors because I can park beside anything and just open them easily. The down side is no door storage.

Gene

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
it'll only take ONE TIME for yor helpers to say....

i thought YOU put the pin in........

and if I can think of it.........
you KNOW it will happen..
don forget the sign that sez:
Don follow this truck to closely

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
it'll only take ONE TIME for yor helpers to say....

i thought YOU put the pin in........

and if I can think of it.........
you KNOW it will happen..
don forget the sign that sez:
Don follow this truck to closely

It self lock, pin is added protection.

We've got no room for boring.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steam way offered the slides for years and years. Best thing since sliced bread for the service department or the do it your self guys. The old timers love the rails and the ones that sold theirs with their machine hate it that I can't get them anymore. I know this is going to be a hit is it for everyone? Nope haters are going to hate but for those that get it, this is gonna rock. Riding around in the cab of a 2500/3500 dodge extended is way nicer and more practical then riding in a stinking van plus you can send 6 guys to a job not two. Well you can do the bucket in the middle trick and send 3. Everything about this truck makes sense..... to those that have any ...:)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Becker

Name
Becker
Haters are going to hate? Gee John. Should we all be crafted from the same mold.

Can't see this truck making sense for everyone.

I like the idea of the box on a pickup. Even more so on a 4x4 pickup. ( snowy areas ) almost bought a pickup box with a tm mounted and ready to role. Local Jondon guy told me to run like hell from the 427 that was mounted in it.

Hope the truck is at the fall connections. Would be cool to see. However, shoes cone in all sizes and shapes for the tastes and needs for all.

We've got no room for boring.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Don't see the smile face :) and yes haters are going to hate. Same as rah rah guys are going to love everything you shouldn't give to much credence to either it is the fence sitters you need to win over. Oh and your comments weren't what/whom I was reffering to so don't get all butt hurt :) see smiley face.

J

JS41035

I like it. But I'd like 2 butlers better. Or an Aerotech. Decked out. Cool idea but price has to go down. I get fab cost. I'd pay a few grand more than a cargo van for all those features. But. 60 grand buys 2 new chevy 3500 ext vans.
Probably a huge market for the slide out system for a cargo van though.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's not for me but very practical for a different type of company. I worked at an outfit in Summit County, CO (elev. in valleys is 8-9000 feet). We did lots of water damage. They would love a truck like this. Huge cab for all of us to ride in and tons of equipment to bring along. Capable 4x4 truck beats the heck out of a full size cargo van (with chains) in the snow.

For me, no way. My company specializes in cleaning and I'm with the other guys who say they'd buy a couple Butlers. You could almost do that with a tricked out Gorilla truck and people call Butler overpriced.

Different companies have different needs. The Gorilla truck would meet the needs of some companies (Chavez?) well. I wouldn't want a truck that's almost as expensive as my house though.

Justin made a great point. If those sliders are so awesome and I bet they are, why doesn't someone get going on developing them for the cargo van? Seems like they might sell like crazy.

He's got some cool ideas though and that's exactly how we move forward in this industry. Someone sticks their neck out and pushes the envelope.

The Clean Machine

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
The industry Guru asking questions and only listening to what he wants to hear. Tell them they get off the hot seat when they buy a banner ad and they will be done answering your idiotic questions.

Waldo

Reactions: Nomad74 and hogjowl
F

FB7777

I like it. But I'd like 2 butlers better. Or an Aerotech. Decked out. Cool idea but price has to go down. I get fab cost. I'd pay a few grand more than a cargo van for all those features. But. 60 grand buys 2 new chevy 3500 ext vans.
Probably a huge market for the slide out system for a cargo van though.

Welcome to the " haters " club bro

Couldn't agree more

It looks beautiful, really. I just think its extremely pricey and impractical . There are already a ton of options out on the market now at a better price point.

In the restoration game, I would rather have a more open layout for flexibility, than a " everything in its place " design

And last I checked Gorilla doesn't have the market sewn up for putting a box on the back of a Dodge pickup

Reactions: JS41035

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like it one on an extend cab 4x4.

He has a great idea but to move a few units he might need to offer a budget option. How about baby steps and working up to a Gorilla? A Chimp truck? :eekk: :lol:

Seriously, fewer doors and latches could reduce the price some. Fewer features, the remote lighting and the heating system are cool but again for a poor schmuck on a budget, just too much expense.

The roll out is, at what cost to the package is it hitting you. I don't work on the units myself, so fook the mechanic, he can lay in there and bend into pretzel if its costing me big bucks for the cantilever feature. :twisted:

I hope he sells a bunch of them, they are really cool. My ass is just too cheap to buy one, I'll just have to drool over Lockharts! :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom