Gorilla Boxtrucks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
omnivan002.jpg

stuffffromphone011.jpg

Budget option
We ripped those type doors off the truck twice. :cry:

Once someone forgot to latch it properly and as they tuned it popped open, cut a gash in the side of the building and ripped it off the truck. A year later, same truck, same tech pulled it into the garage and ripped the door off...again.

We removed the gull wings from the trucks after that. :icon_neutral:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
install a drain hose to route the water box overflow. inventors always have a reason to shot down a good suggestion.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Very nice set up. He gave lots of thought and care to every little detail.
If you want quality, you got to pay for it. I am sure he can adjust to different people's needs.

For an O/O that makes a good income, it may well be worth it. As the time saved in being able to access everything easily, less damage to equipment will be worth it. As per companies with employees? Well it depends on how well they're trained and how much they care. No doubt that all of you Big Bonzo, multiple van companies are under the illusion (delusion!) that your employees are so well trained and that they practically care more than the owners :winky:
So, in that case, it will be great for employees too.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
This guys concept is my next step in my equipment. Something that can cruise me along, carry all my stuff (and I mean all of it) and get me closer towards retirement. I still tinker my own slide-ins and enjoy doing that. I figure one or two more design mods and I'll have 2 machines that will take me all the way. All I need is to escape the cargo van format and I'll be very very happy.I want to grab my stuff as quick as the Schwan guy grabs my ice cream.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
They do have sliders for cargo vans. I know someone who has his everest 650hp on one. Very nice. They run about $2500

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Theres a few bread trucks in town. Want some pics ?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

I have one of the sliding rail system for my powermatic. In time the rollers freeze up if not greased regularly (and they won't be) but I can still use mine with the use of a crowbar. One thing I like better about the steamway system is that there is no floor to it, so when you slide the machine out of the van you can also get underneath the machine to make working on it much easier at times.

Reactions: JS41035

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I have one of the sliding rail system for my powermatic. In time the rollers freeze up if not greased regularly (and they won't be) but I can still use mine with the use of a crowbar. One thing I like better about the steamway system is that there is no floor to it, so when you slide the machine out of the van you can also get underneath the machine to make working on it much easier at times.

I've got a Steamway sliding rail system sitting in the shop. Rollers are shot. It was the coolest thing to roll that big Powermatic out of the truck in a high - vis area. Made working on it easier and encouraged owner to actually clean the hard to reach places on the PM.

I've got a pic stashed away somewhere of it fully extended. What a cool sight.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Couple things since it's a water damage truck where does one haul all the wet pad and other garbage. I could see a guy able to accomplish much the same thing. With a plain box truck and using those bottom mount boxes under the box. Aluminum would be a better material than steel. This looks like a great setup for owner operators but why spend all that extra money on nice stuff for chimps to use

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
It works better without a solid bottom. I thought I thought I saw them at johns hot heat exchanger but couldn't find them.
Gene

Theres more then one maker. Personally I would like having the bottom for an Oil catch. But now that I put a little more thought maybe a removable bottom. So it is an oil catch but can removed for service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom