Gorilla carpet cleaning

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Lastnight I cleaned about a 100 pieces of furniture with two 300 foot hose runs off one truck. All hoses were nicely layed out, corner guards at all corners, drop cloths over travertine/wood transitions to protect wood from heat, two cordless multi sprayers with upholstery tips, spotter and rags at both job areas and using Sapphire Upholstery Pro at each end. That's professional... I also cleaned up the travertine on my way out from anywhere I worked.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Ok. It's not a hydro-force. It's a built in pre-spray that I have a patent on. But u get your point. How do truck mount hoses not scrape paint?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ok. It's not a hydro-force. It's a built in pre-spray that I have a patent on. But u get your point. How do truck mount hoses not scrape paint?
Secure it a few feet down the stairs with a bungee or a velcro holder move as needed. You're not fighting the hose's natural inclination to run down the stairs. I like the plastic hooked bungee cords as they are the least likely to scratch the paint. Dukguards/ corner guards are cheap compared to a repaint or a pissed customer. You might want to look at the small sprayer I posted the link to.Your $20 will be saved in wasted chemicals and you won't have to switch from carpet chems to upholstery chems, provided you're not using the same product for both.

Not trying to bust your balls, but I am trying to help you iron out the wrinkles.

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Bane Systems tried to do this same thing in the 70's.
Moving a 350 lb unit in and out of the truck is tons of fun. :)

I would rather clean high end furniture for premium rates. I am sure my top customers would really be excited to see that come in the front door to be placed on their $30 sf carpet to clean their custom $5000 sofa.

Just my take

Last edited:
Reactions: dwellpro
Name
Nate W.
Lastnight I cleaned about a 100 pieces of furniture with two 300 foot hose runs off one truck. All hoses were nicely layed out, corner guards at all corners, drop cloths over travertine/wood transitions to protect wood from heat, two cordless multi sprayers with upholstery tips, spotter and rags at both job areas and using Sapphire Upholstery Pro at each end. That's professional... I also cleaned up the travertine on my way out from anywhere I worked.

You sure it was travertine and not porcelain? :stir:

When I do condo work, I normally setup in the kitchen or bathroom and most of the time my hoses reach the whole place... It's about strategically placing the equipment where you can reach everything without moving it... Granted I do a lot of vacation rentals for condo work... I've grew up on a portable, so the struggle was real for me.... :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom