Got a Call from My Competitor

ascrubabove

Recived a call this morning from a private number asking for the owner, said he was the owner of "X carpet cleaning and what ever else they do", he said that he got a bad review on google and hired a private investigator to trace it, he said it came from us, we promptly told him that it did not come from us and that we don't do biz that way. Also told him that we heard from the realitors that he was bitching about us (they like to talk).

Anyway I just wanted to vent !

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Easy solution...

"Please, get me this documentation from who you hired to state we've said this. I'll make sure that we can find out who did it and make corrections to the problem."

You won't get a call back, or anything in proof.

As far as the realtor go... Evetually you'll get a benefit from this guy's back-sassing on your company. People who work with others such as your company will grow tired of the negative talking, and more than likey give YOU a look before the other guy. They just want their carpet cleaned... not some drama fest on competition.

Connor

Name
Connor
Tell him to contact Google and report the bogus review maker.

Then, you contact Google and let them know what's going on. This competitor of you will probably make up some bogus review about you soon enough.

Your competitor either needs a hobby or to work on his own biz.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Well although it is crappy for a competitor to bad mouth you it still affects your business. The best way to get him to stop would be to have lunch with him. Make a friend out of the guy. Give him some tips (not trade secrets just cool tips...) Its very hard for someone to bash a guy they broke bread with.

Connor

Name
Connor
idreadnought said:
Its very hard for someone to bash a guy they broke bread with.

I dunno about that, some people are pretty tenacious when it comes to being an ass.

Connor

Name
Connor
Marty said:
Conner ... you ought to drive over and buy me lunch one day.

ConnOr!

Hmm, the subject of invite an asshole to lunch comes up and then Marty invites me over.....hmmmm.

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Phdhl-8Nosk]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom