Got banned from ***

BraveHeart

Ive been online since 1997 and have registered on many forums over the years.
And have never been prevented from logging on because i didnt complete my profile.
So I get a pm from Mick an admin on *** "So i am now requesting you update your profile information, if you have not done so after 7 days, your account may be stalled. Mick " Whats the differance of being banned and having your account "stalled". Both dont allow you to log on and read the forums so this is the same as being banned. I requested to have my account deleted.

BraveHeart

Its proper netiquette to give members the choice of giving every last detail. Or just remaining totally anonymous.
I had purchased from *** a video for $99 from the ***************s. They have all of my profile information including my address. After this U think ill be buying more items from ***...Think again~

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
BraveHeart said:
Its proper netiquette to give members the choice of giving every last detail. Or just remaining totally anonymous.

Says who?

Believe it or not, it is also the policy of this board, although it's not always enforced.

Personally, I prefer to know a little about who I am typing to.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
They have a heavy finger on the banning button over there. Join the club. I was banned for no explanation other that I gave some simple ways to do a little SEO yourself. They must of throught it as a threat to future product sales.

It seemed to be a problem if someone mentioned products that are not "*** approved" as it could be a conflict with sales. (The main purpose of the board)

The weird thing was, that they thought so much of my posts that they put their own signature at the end of all my former posts after I was bannned.

Really sleazy!!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Don't let it worry you, Mick is a drop kick wannabe carpet sucker from way down south that I believe was also instrumental in getting me kicked off from te mutha frickers 4rum.

In my eyes, one of the best moves they ever made.

The old saying goes, "you lay down with dogs, you get up with crabs".

Or someting like that. shiteatinggrin

Do kick me off Lockitt :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
People get the misguided impression because a forum is public they can do whatever they want.

Wrong! this is a private business and mikey can delete whoever he chooses for whatever reason he chooses. His house,His rules.

I would say show a little respect to the forum owners, it takes alot of work to keep this going for very little profit. If people do not like it start your own forum and find out how hard it is trying to keep all these personalities meshing.

and BTW Dave you should try buying advertising for once instead of mooching off of others hard work.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I won't give *** the pleasure of banning me....

That honor is reserved for MB only!

Cheers!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Shane Deubell said:
People get the misguided impression because a forum is public they can do whatever they want.

Wrong! this is a private business and mikey can delete whoever he chooses for whatever reason he chooses. His house,His rules.

I would say show a little respect to the forum owners, it takes alot of work to keep this going for very little profit. If people do not like it start your own forum and find out how hard it is trying to keep all these personalities meshing.

and BTW Dave you should try buying advertising for once instead of mooching off of others hard work.

Ditto- I think it is a good policy requiring a completed profile. Whether or not it has to be made public could be an issue though I can't imagine why someone would not want it made so. Personally I don'y like wierd names, I would rather everyone use there own name as there monikor so I didn't always have to figure out who the heck I'm reading.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Or at least the first name and last initial. !gotcha!

I don't know.....if you start a forum for others to post on...I think there needs to be a good amount of freedom....other than malicious conduct.

If not....Then the creator can just sit there and post by himself.

Mikey has been nice enough to just delete (or move) all my posts that went overboard....He saves me from myself sometimes. thathurts

Haven't been banned yet....I'm not sure if *** knows I exist even though I've been there all of a few times.

I like Mikey's Board because you can pretty much say whatever the heck you want as long as you stick to a few common decency rules. And the people here are pretty cool for the most part.

I can deal with that.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree Brian, I am talking about for admin use not public. I just think people are turds that hide all their info. As for names I just get use to Richard's new one and then he changes it- I'm getting too old to remember :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bob Foster

The people that work on this board have been challenged a lot by members who consider it their god given right to do what ever they want with their profile. Anyone that has ever attempted to enforce this rule, and it actually is a rule of this board, has been crapped on by so many people that they have given up.

Personally I believe that everyone should fill out their profile completely and anyone who doesn't is just being an asshole just because they can get away with it. But then a lot of the assholes here make this place fun so the fake profiles or no profiles are tolerated.

Not my problem....

Mikey P

Administrator
Ill make exceptions for those that are good contributors that feel the need to hide but I do find it chicken shitish of them.

The nut jobs are what makes this place so fun and addictive

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey P said:
Ill make exceptions for those that are good contributors that feel the need to hide but I do find it chicken shitish of them.

The nut jobs are what makes this place so fun and addictive

Ain't it the truth!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Aliases are one thing, nicknames can be something different...........

Many people use an aliase when they want to hide their true identity for a multitude of reasons.

These can be either good, bad or humorous.

Nicknames are usually put on someone by another person.

In my case, I got mine from my brothers nearly sixty years ago and it has stuck.

Just because I stand 5'6 & 1/2"

The other four brothers are all over 6'2"

Many times I got called runt, many times another name, (still do). :oops:

But Shorty has stuck all through the decades and that is what most people know me as.

If I was to use my proper name, it would seem like an aliase to me and very few would know to whom they were talking.

As for getting kicked off that other place, they did me a favour. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo, shiteatinggrin

Connor

Name
Connor
I joined after getting spammed, then they edited and moderated my first post. I didn't go back.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob Foster said:
The people that work on this board have been challenged a lot by members who consider it their god given right to do what ever they want with their profile. Anyone that has ever attempted to enforce this rule, and it actually is a rule of this board, has been crapped on by so many people that they have given up.

Personally I believe that everyone should fill out their profile completely and anyone who doesn't is just being an asshole just because they can get away with it. But then a lot of the assholes here make this place fun so the fake profiles or no profiles are tolerated.

Not my problem....
And I wish Mike did not make the exceptions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom