gps tracking of vans

dgargan

I'm looking for a basic, easy gps tracking system for my vans. Something I can track in real time. Any suggestions?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We never had it for vans but when we had Sprint/Nextel we paid an additional $3.00 a phone and you could track the phone down to within a couple of hundred feet.

We could watch on the PC and see where they were at....well within a few hundred feet. We switched carriers and never looked into tracking again.

Connor

Name
Connor
I am not familiar with any particular GPS, but a guy I used to work for has GPS on his employees phones.

edit:
Chavez beat me to it.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
The company I use is: http://www.liveviewgps.com/

This is the product we use: http://www.liveviewgps.com/live+trac+g5 ... cking.html

The unit is $350, monitoring is $29.95 a month per unit.

Easy install, and have not had any issues to date with the units.

Best money I have ever spent, no more customers arguing we never showed when they come home to find the trip charge invoice on their door, and virtually zero technician shenanigans of any sort, running errands, side work, yada yada.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I just use the cellphone they have in their pocket. Its always with them..and always kinda accurate.......I'm like csi miami

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I worked for a company that not only tracked where we were, but had it wired into the ignition of the machines so they could tell when we turned them on and off or how long they ran on a job.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
joeynbgky said:
I just use the cellphone they have in their pocket. Its always with them..and always kinda accurate.......I'm like csi miami

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Until they figure out that they can turn their cellphone on silent and leave it at the customer's house next to the garage under the bush for an other hour- after they finished the job. And go run errands and/or side jobs...only to "realize they lost their phone at the previous customer" that's why they couldn't be reached. But "we were there working and we dropped the phone and it bounced into the bush"

If you need to follow them I would think the van and the machine wired would be "safer".

acglobalgps

Hey guys,

My company is a distributor for VehiclePath GPS . We have the best Service Plus solution for you. www.vehiclepath.com

$24.95/month for unlimited 5 minute updates
-Easy to use web based software
-Free hardware
-No Contract
-Free upgrades
-Lifetime Warranty

$25 activation and first 3 months service are all that is due at start up.

Joe Gibbs (NASCAR + NFL) endorses VehiclePath.

You can also purchase for $225 per unit and $23 per month for 5 minte updates

Please let me know if I can get you information: Sashman@acglobalsystems.com or 877-364-2333

Thanks

A

ash_d

intouchmvc , 16 a month and 250 I think for the units. Lets you know where they are , keeps a history and tells you when the truck is on or off also tells you if they are speeding or not.

acglobalgps

Good find. I have heard of those guys. Its a good product.

Looking at immediate savings and lowest up front cost its worth it to rent and get free hardware, free upgrades and a lifetime warranty. When you divide the $250 up front cost of In Touch MVC by the $8.28 monthly savings(prepaid for 6 months) over our standard monthly plan it would take 30 months to pay off the hardware and compare the devices equally.

If you want to rent a solid product with free hardware give us a call 877-364-2333. We will be here when you need us.

Thanks

jerryshockley

indyallpro said:
The company I use is: http://www.liveviewgps.com/

This is the product we use: http://www.liveviewgps.com/live+trac+g5 ... cking.html

The unit is $350, monitoring is $29.95 a month per unit.

Easy install, and have not had any issues to date with the units.

Best money I have ever spent, no more customers arguing we never showed when they come home to find the trip charge invoice on their door, and virtually zero technician shenanigans of any sort, running errands, side work, yada yada.

This is an excellent tool for making sure that techs get to the customer in a timely manner.

T

TomKing

David
Call me we just orderd a new system for our vans. It tracks real time. This is the same system used for most major school bus systems in the country. The name of the company is www.zonarsystems.com the rep lives here in Zionsville. This sytem is just $17 month per van. It works on your lap top, smart phone or ipad.

dgargan

Tom I already went with vehicle path. So far I am very happy with it. I choose to pay a year in advance and got the $15.50 per month per van deal? I love the reports and alerts I can set up. It sends me a text anytime a van goes over 65mph and also let's me know when a van has left or arrived at the shop.

If I have a same day call in job I can see who is closest to have them take the job. Lots of options

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom