Grandi groomer ?

Mr.V

I would never prespray that far ahead either but each to his own

as far as scrubbing prespray it's pretty darn hard to beat a rotary with a pad........I just don't know of a cheaper solution cuz a grandi groomer don't do shat

TimP

At first I wouldn't spray that far either but over time I gained confidence and gradually the area grew and grew. I haven't had a problem doing it for sure.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I spray two rooms max... I'm just comfortable doing it that way, by the time I get to the more soiled rooms my pre-spray is hot as hell seems to work great that way. JMO

R

rotovacguy

TimP said:
Matt Murdock said:
rake it in and dwell time is your friend. You don't need much more than that.

When I use the Rotovac I clean with the rotovac then rinse again with my glided wand

Way too much work right there....

I mix up about 5 gallons of prespray, after I vacuum of course. Start at the furthest point and spray my way out of the house (heavily) as far as I can go with the 5 gallons up to 1000 sq ft. Then I start pulling hoses, by the time I pull the hoses the first bit of prespray has dwelled and saturated the carpet plenty no groomer required unless it's really bad, I may shoe scrub some spots. Then I rinse with an emulsifier through my greenhorn.....the emulsifier gets the tough spots the ps couldn't get all of. If that don't get it then it's time for the 175 or in my case a pad on my rx-20. I've been saving tons of time with this method. The prespray wont dry for sure since it's way wetter than when I leave after extraction and it takes at least 2 hours to dry after I leave.

I have to agree, Tim. That's how I do mine, too. When I first started out I was apprehensive to do that much at once, but over time I learned methods that worked better for me. I'll pop on the brush heads on the rotovac for the nasty spots, but between my prespray and emulsifier, that's not necessary too often.

Bottom line is this: Are you getting the results? Is the customer happy? Is it more profitable for you to do it that way? If so, then keep on keeping on. Even with the same training and experience, we are all going to have our own techniques that work for us. Stick with whatever works for you and keeps you in your comfort zone.

TimP

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.

I might be a little crazy at times but there is a reason to the madness. Hell when I took UFT (upholstery class) they thought I was crazy with the moisture there too. I have yet to ruin a piece yet. :mrgreen:

Just do what you guys are comfortable with. But if you guys are having trouble getting most stuff out with a good PS and Emulsifier then there is something not right. Either you need more prespray, or need to change presprays, or get a higher flowing better extracting wand (as long as your machine is capable of course). And if it's just super nasty carpet you need to scrub the hell out of it with a 175 (properly lubricated of course).

TimP

After vac and prespray probably 1-1.5 hours. I've never timed it but it don't take long to extract for sure, could be less time. Maybe a bit longer moving furniture but I would spray a couple rooms, and where the furniture was in a living room on my way in I'd extract that. Then finish the prespray after tabbing and blocking. Then work my way out from of the home.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I'm with Tim on this one,
I soak down the nasties and do about 1000 sq/ft at a time. I find the longer dwell really helps cut down the bad areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom