Granny tracks.........and that "Old Lady" smell......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
That's what I call the traffic lanes in my "older" customers houses. I've been cleaning for well over 30 years and still have some of my original custys. Most are older....80's and up, and they have a set pathway in their houses that they follow. everyday. From the kitchen, to the bathroom, to their sitting rooms......2 dark pathways the width of their feet. Other than spills around their favorite chairs, most of the carpet stays clean. These "tracks" require extra agitation and pre-spray to get them half decent looking. The carpet is actually ground down in these pathways from the dragging or shuffling of their feet.

As for the "pissy" smell.....I'm getting it more and more in older folks homes. It's really not limited to a "spot", but kind of an overall urine smell. Of course, stronger where they sit for hours, but it seems to permeate the entire house. Any suggestions for this problem other than deodorizing overall with your pre-spray and rinse?

Maybe "Bawb" can shed some light on this subject......since he's "up" there........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Re: Granny tracks.........and that "Pissy" smell

Hey KMA Robert....you were looking "long in the toofs"...
three years ago.....
i can't imagine now....... :twisted:

but to answer yor?

i gots the DD-12 goin' on around heres..............

thanks Les

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

The technical term is "old lady smell" although old men can have it also but they usually die before that occurs. Simply cleaning and deodorizing the carpeting is often not enough, as the smell is emanating from their (unwashed) clothing, bedding, towels, furniture, their rotting teeth, their private parts, their reading materials, dishes, and anything in their home. I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Art Kelley said:
The technical term is "old lady smell" although old men can have it also but they usually die before that occurs. Simply cleaning and deodorizing the carpeting is often not enough, as the smell is emanating from their (unwashed) clothing, bedding, towels, furniture, their rotting teeth, their private parts, their reading materials, dishes, and anything in their home. I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

Now ....THAT'S FreeKinG FUNNY... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Art Kelley said:

Hey Art....how many fingers am i holdin' up......

lovesign.jpg

davendana

Name
d Jackass

Good Lord, Art.......... :shock:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

JB BOOKS said:
Hey KMA Robert....you were looking "long in the toofs"...
three years ago.....
i can't imagine now....... :twisted:

but to answer yor?

i gots the DD-12 goin' on around heres..............

thanks Les

That "long in the toofs" is continuing. But I still like the work. If I could get a hair transplant, I'd look like Vince on "Entourage".

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Art Kelley said:

True....I should have been more PC in my terminology..."old lady smell". I know.......I have an mudder-inlaw with that......problem! It is pervasive....it permeates everything in and around their house and belongings.

I'm 58....maybe I should "check myself"?? I told my Son's that when I start sitting around eating peanuts out of the jar, get me an "exit" plan!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i deal with lots of that here and the biggest offender is usually the bed. we prespray everything we clean with roxy ( 40 volumne ) except the mattress, works great. i have in some very severe cases used a solution boosted with bleach, which is what we always use on the mattress if we are cleaning it. Sometimes you have to be brave :twisted:

gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

rwcarpet said:
I told my Son's that when I start sitting around eating peanuts out of the jar, get me an "exit" plan!
is there another way to eat them?? :lol:

guys tuning a piano at an old folks home
he's eating the peanuts from the bowl on the table
by the end of the day, piano's tuned and peanuts are all gone.
One old gent walks in. The tuner tells him the piano is all set and he apologized for eating all the peanuts

The old gent just smiles and says, "Thats all right sunny, I sucked all the chocolate off them earlier"

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Art Kelley said:

I don't know about you.......
But Art is my kind of guru :p

John Watson

Me to Jimmy, DD-12 is the answer, When Ifirst tried Vabrieze, I was working with a free sample from Les n Joyce. I told my client that I smelt a slight odor and wanted to try this product in one area at no charge could I have their permission? I was never told No. It also got them thinking, If I could smell it what about everyone else? (I did explain how they were probably acclamated to the odor and couldn't tell, you know rat can't smell bad things in its own hole.)

I would mix my O2 TLC plus 1/2 to 1 oz of DD-12 and spray the test area, call them back in to smell the differance even before I started to clean. Binga badda boom ker chink Money in the bank every time. They loved it and had me treat all that we were cleaning. I charged .10-.20 per sq ft Lots better money than protector, applied before cleanining in same step as pretreating, and if needed one can mist with slight DD-12 Foo Foo spray at the end.

On many jobs My Helen would walk out and not go back in till I sprayed down some DD-12.

We too saythanks to Les n Joyce...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Ron Werner said:
rwcarpet said:
I told my Son's that when I start sitting around eating peanuts out of the jar, get me an "exit" plan!
is there another way to eat them?? :lol:

guys tuning a piano at an old folks home
he's eating the peanuts from the bowl on the table
by the end of the day, piano's tuned and peanuts are all gone.
One old gent walks in. The tuner tells him the piano is all set and he apologized for eating all the peanuts

The old gent just smiles and says, "Thats all right sunny, I sucked all the chocolate off them earlier"

Just saying, Ron.....a lot of the "Seniors" homes I clean seem to have an inordinate amount of peanuts under the furniture.

There's probably popcorn under my furniture.....what does that mean???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom