Graphics on the van. What to do?

Hello all,

I have decided to finallly get a website and letter my two vans, I was wondering if I should go with traditional name and phone number or come up with something bold and crazy that may make people turn thier heads and wonder what that logo has to do with carpet cleaning. My goal is to portray my company with a long lasting yet very professional image. I would appreciate your help!

Kevin
Executive Cleaning Svc Inc.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Kevin,

Go with a graphic that will catch the WOMAN'S EYE.... :!:

Get their attention..!!!! then sell your service.. :wink:

Althought Lettered vans look professional to the men..!

they are NOT your target ...Women spend the money...

251.jpg

250.jpg

05-26-08_1624.jpg

01-04-09_1607.jpg

I agree with Harper. I got a post card a few months back from a cleaning business I have never heard of. The picture was some amatuer slutty looking girl (probably the owners idea of a nice looking woman) with her a** sticking out wearing a short skirt with heels running a vacuum. I laughed. I wish I would have saved it. I never got another post card from that company.

Name
Bruce
Kevin you will get 101 different answers for your question. You can see my wrap is alot different then Joe's wrap but we are probably getting the same results. I was told to go with a basic logo and phone number on my van because that is what would sell, something easy, the problem with that is I have 4 other companies in my area that look the same other then their names on the van. I needed to look different and be noticeable.

deq1.JPG

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
I agree with Harper. I got a post card a few months back from a cleaning business I have never heard of. The picture was some amatuer slutty looking girl (probably the owners idea of a nice looking woman) with her a** sticking out wearing a short skirt with heels running a vacuum. I laughed. I wish I would have saved it. I never got another post card from that company.

that was "Brian Roberson"..in DrAg........................ :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bruce Humphrey said:
Kevin you will get 101 different answers for your question. You can see my wrap is alot different then Joe's wrap but we are probably getting the same results. I was told to go with a basic logo and phone number on my van because that is what would sell, something easy, the problem with that is I have 4 other companies in my area that look the same other then their names on the van. I needed to look different and be noticeable.

deq1.JPG

NICE WRAP..Bruce...!!!!!

It serves the SAME purpose....The color in you graphic...WILL CATCH THE EYE.... 8)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bruce Humphrey said:

deq1.JPG
Nice, well atleast you target the gay community as well. I bet they love your rainbow truck

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
HARPER said:
Bruce Humphrey said:
Kevin you will get 101 different answers for your question. You can see my wrap is alot 0different then Joe's wrap but we are probably getting the same results. I was told to go with a basic logo and phone number on my van because that is what would sell, something easy, the problem with that is I have 4 other companies in my area that look the same other then their names on the van. I needed to look different and be noticeable.

deq1.JPG

NICE WRAP..Bruce...!!!!!

It serves the SAME purpose....The color in you graphic...WILL CATCH THE EYE.... 8)

Harper.. does the back of your box truck open up? I never noticed there was no door and it doesn't look like there is a hine door.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Again, different approaches. We decided we needed a complete color change to get away from all the white service vans. Our lettering is even outlined in Black and white to help stick out from a greater distance. I see so many wrapped vans that everything Blends together and you can't see the services provided or the name of the company. Our Red name lettering is also in reflective so it really pops at night.

Mark Saiger

NewTrailerpicswithvan002.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler016.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler017.jpg

100_1456.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I prefer the lettering instead of a wrap..I have a lot of drive ways that are lined with trees on both sides and if I mess up anything I just take it in and get them replaced.......

100_4097-2.jpg

vortexatnight.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
100_4097-2.jpg

vortexatnight.jpg
[/quote]

Sheesh any chance he's got to show that truck off... :roll:

shiteatinggrin

Thanks for all the help so far. It is nice to talk with other people in the biz and not just marketing people who just want me to spend a ton of money. This has been very helpfull!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
no need to go after the woman DM, if you are after commercial work.

so what are you after Kevin?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Like this
2009_07_20_1643.jpg

People stare at and point at my truck in traffic and neighborhoods. It's the picture of the little kid, ( me) that gets the looks. And yes Jim, I get walk-ups, even without the vortex.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
Like this
2009_07_20_1643.jpg

People stare at and point at my truck in traffic and neighborhoods. It's the picture of the little kid, ( me) that gets the looks. And yes Jim, I get walk-ups, even without the vortex.

Gene

very nice....put some wheel simulators on it and dress it up..........

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I was wondering when someone would call me on that. I don't think that a woman would even notice, although my wife noticed that they had rust on them the other day.

Gene

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gene,

the simulators would REALLY make the truck POP...

I KNOW ...you take great of your equipment.!!!
The simulators ...make the TRUCK look new & are much easir to clean...

Maybe.....BOB FOSTER...could "Photo-shop"...some simulators on your PIC... :idea:

You could see what Jim & I are saying... :idea: :wink:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Love seeing lettering pics.

Maybe go to a place like dreamstreetgraphic.com. They'll do the van as well as the logo. Give them an idea of what you may want and they'll come up with something. It'll cost a few hours of design time.

They did this one for me. I had an idea and told them to come up with their own. A bit busy but I think it works.

DSCN0483_edit.jpg

Albert

Name
George Valliant
decided not to advertise on this truck. It belongs to the boss and he doesn't like strangers knowing who he is. Especially when he's parked out in front of the bar. 8)

btw, the boss would be me

2009-09-21102938.jpg

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Those are some really nice wraps. What are you guys paying for cargo or box van wraps in your area? I would like to do a wrap on our next vehicle but most places in northern Ca want around $2,500 for a cargo van wrap. That seems like a alot of money.

Name
Bruce
PTMatt said:
Those are some really nice wraps. What are you guys paying for cargo or box van wraps in your area? I would like to do a wrap on our next vehicle but most places in northern Ca want around $2,500 for a cargo van wrap. That seems like a alot of money.
$2300 for the 3/4 wrap and logo on the doors.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The lettering on my truck cost just over 1k..that was the entire box...cab doors..wind shield sun visor and a see threw log on the back glass....

I was wondering when someone would call me on that. I don't think that a woman would even notice, although my wife noticed that they had rust on them the other day.

Gene

before.....

100_3431.jpg

after....

100_3432.jpg

makes a huge difference......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom