Greenie it's getting 40 mpg Highway

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greenie you wondered how the Hybrid would do on the Highway.

We had a mold estimate 90-minutes away from us today, since it was so far we thought it would be a good opportunity to see how good the Prius would do on.

He averaged just over 40-mpg highway, 240-miles round trip on 6-gallons of gas, that saved 10-gallons over one of the pickups.

The supervisor that took it said he hated how small it is and doesn't think it's very comfortable, but to travel 240 miles for $12.00 he said he would like to take on his own personal trips.

It does better in the city, so far I love it.......but of course I don't have to drive it! :mrgreen:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the joke of the matter is if you would have bought a older VW jetta TDI you would have gotten over 50 MPG had more torque and power and not hauled acid and heavy metals around, too bad because the libs have declared war on diesel, saddled it with regulations and emissions that harm efficiency. 40 mpg isn't that great can't a yaris or civic get over 35mpg??

Greenie

R.Chavez said:
It does better in the city, so far I love it.......but of course I don't have to drive it! :mrgreen:

That right there is funny...and tells the tale.

Stevie, that was my point a few weeks back, where did we go wrong?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's does fiddy in the citdy!

I'll have to check on the color and see if the Yaris comes in the Mica blue.

I don't want to paint a new car and a wrap to cover al the white could be pricey.

I'd rather have the Toyota than the VW, they a kind of finicky, my brother's step daughter drives one and it loves to go in for dealership visits!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The pickup's look good but are pigs on fuel.

Ugly doesn't bother me.........hell Luddy's my buddy! :mrgreen:

I looked the Yaris's only come in sissy blues, no dark blue.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I've wondered about the vw diesel too, aren't 50 mpg diesels common in europe. I don't understand what's going on as far as why they arent here. Must be what Steve G said.
Doesnt make any sense to me. I say conspiracy. :)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Joel D said:
I've wondered about the vw diesel too, aren't 50 mpg diesels common in europe. I don't understand what's going on as far as why they arent here. Must be what Steve G said.
Doesnt make any sense to me. I say conspiracy. :)

that is what you get when you get liberalism, people are too stupid to see for themselves, after all you are a holocaust denier if you don't believe global warming is man made, the cave men farted and that is how we got out of the ice age.

anyways I drive an '06 dodge cummins pickup, this truck gets at least 10% less fuel economy as my '02 dodge got, the reason why is because the EPA claims oxides of nitrates are bad, sooooooo the motor injects extra fuel at the end of the combustion cycle, this keeps the catalytic converter hot enough to burn up the extra oxides of nitrates. hence I am wasting 10% in fuel economy, costing me more money and using more fossil fuel. the newer trucks with cooled EGR, this means engine exhaust is directed back into the engine, kinda like drinking your own piss :roll: they get a further 10% less mileage than my truck does, so at the end of the day, we end up burning 20% more fuel all in the name of emissions, aren't we supposed to be conserving fuel, this is just an example and something that will never be reported in the media. people wake up!!!!!!! wako environmentalism costs us all big!!!

Supersucker

Chavez I have a VW TDI '97 Passat. I don't know what you mean finicky I have 255,000 miles with only maintenance on the motor.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Greenie said:
That Yaris is UgLy.

So is the Prius, But my Yaris costs 11k less and gets 41+mpg highway... 40mpg around town :|

My 1981 VW rabbit DIESEL got 60mpg no matter how I drove it (Slow as hell though)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It is very common in europe to have 45-60mpg in all kinda cars.

I have first hand knowledge...( I lived in europe for the first 22 years of my life)

Everybody is driving diesels over there and they have a lot of torque and go faster then some of the same size gasoline powered cars.

All my friends and family members in Hungary Germany Austria etc. etc. have turbo diesels..my first cars were diesels over there as well..

European and Japanese car makers have unbelievable turbo diesel engines- I guess it really is "someones" interest not to let them sell those engines over here.

There is not a big enough bailout that would save the "big three" here if the euro and jap turbo diesels were going on sale in the US.
By the way my car I drive right now VW Passat 1.8 turbo- I get 35mpg on freeway, and it's bigger then my wifes Honda Accord. Bought it brand new in 03 and have 130,000 miles on it without any major problems. Hint-when you go buy a vw- please do yourself a favor and don't buy the ones that are made in mexico!!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

I have been looking at the diesel computer injector timing
for some hydrogen fuel enhancers I have been working with.

The computer opens the injectors 3 times for one power stroke.

1. a pre-injection pulse to minimize the clatter noise.

2. the power stroke injection close to Top Dead Center.

3. the injection during the EXHAUST stroke just to raise the temperature of
the "soot burner" (diesel particulate filter).
Some Ford diesels have had fires from this delayed injection.

Larry

P.S. One of my customers has a VW turbodiesel.
Over 200 mpg per gallon purchased.
90% of the time it is running on filtered used cooking oil
from the restaurants he cleans.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Larry Cobb said:
Steve;

I have been looking at the diesel computer injector timing
for some hydrogen fuel enhancers I have been working with.

The computer opens the injectors 3 times for one power stroke.

1. a pre-injection pulse to minimize the clatter noise.

2. the power stroke injection close to Top Dead Center.

3. the injection during the EXHAUST stroke just to raise the temperature of the "soot burner"
Some Ford diesels have had fires from this delayed injection.

Larry

P.S. One of my customers has a VW turbodiesel.
Over 200 mpg per gallon purchased.
90% of the time it is running on filtered used cooking oil
from the restaurants he cleans.

Your dev. HHO systems?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's never too late....Americans will love those cars and vans. I personally would love the new vw van, that is the shared body with the sprinters except the front end..or the "french-italian trio" van Fiat Ducato-Citroen Jumper- Peugeot Boxer! Awesome vans!

Jeff I'm going to stop by your shop next week to pick up some stuff...

Greenie

c'mon down!

just made another extended Greenhorn...to many freak cleaners out there.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Mikey P said:
If GM and Ford want my tax dollars they better start producing Diesel sippers yesterfucking day.

Mikey read up on Ford. They are getting ready to produce a diesel hybrid that gets 60 mile per gallon but it will only be sold in Europe. Major markets like California would not clear the Ford car to be sold since they have in recent years cleared Toyota to sell a couple diesel cars.

So there is really no point in producing a car that some states will not allow to be sold.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Larry B said:
So there is really no point in producing a car that some states will not allow to be sold.

and theres the point. Gov't kills the ingenuity because they won't approve new vehicles.
Then the busn goes under, and the govt subsidizes/bails them out, and the workers and the country become more dependent on the govt.
AND at the same time some govt officials cry out for this or that in America.
go figure.

If the govt took 1 million, gave it to someone that really knew what they were doing, someone actually honest-I know-good luck, we could have cars running on H2 within one year.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
AshleyMckendree said:
Your dev. HHO systems?

I've had this model on my GM pickup for about 8 months:
electrolyser5.jpg

It generates about 2 liters per minute, but the real trick to much better mileage involves the programming on the truck computer.
I can modify those fuel & timing maps, but there are hundreds of parameters to optimize.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:
AshleyMckendree said:
Your dev. HHO systems?

electrolyser5.jpg

It generates about 2 liters per minute, but the real trick to much better mileage involves the programming on the truck computer.
I can modify those fuel & timing maps, but there are hundreds of parameters to optimize.

Larry

your description of the diesel injection events is accurate. the soot burning phase is what needs to be eliminated, I have a programmer that reflashes the computer program on my truck, it advances the timing and adds some fuel, I get a 60horse increase and pretty much recoup the 10% loss in mileage with my model of truck over my previous '02. the dealer cannot detect it, because I can reflash the truck with the stock program, the new trucks use some sort of regenerative system and that is why you see the new ones with vented tailpipes as it produces a bunch of heat, the cummins doesn't have the complications that the others have, its a better simpler engine.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Larry Cobb said:
AshleyMckendree said:
Your dev. HHO systems?

electrolyser5.jpg

Larry

Is that the "Joe Cell" type?

How much for the setup pictured? I have a Mechanical Injection Isuzu NPR diesel, No need for computer programming.

DRScrivner

R.Chavez said:
Fook you guys! :p
Chavez, despite what you think, comments like that that probably will NOT reduce the gay comments. In fact you might increase your Private Mailbox activity??????

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
reading the posts, the car manufacturers are creating more ineffiency than they are creating efficiency.
OF course when you take it to the dealer if its under "warrantee", they can reset the setttings to all the inefficient factory settings.
When someone comes up with a way to get 100mpg I bet the dealers will say those modifications void your warrantee. I would say, fine!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

Don't blame the manufacturers...

GM has a "lean burn" system they developed for all of their engines.

EPA would not let them use it in the U.S., because it slightly increases Nitrogen Oxides (a pollutant) while decreasing other pollutants.

You are luckier to be in Canada, because a GM car or truck has the "lean burn" system enabled for production in your country. That means on the same van, you will get better mileage than we will in the U. S.

Politicians :roll:

Larry

Edited Dec.07

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom