Greenie it's getting 40 mpg Highway

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:
Ron;

Don't blame the manufacturers...

GM has a "lean burn" system they developed for all of their engines.

EPA would not let them use it in the U.S., because it slightly increases Nitrous Oxide (a pollutant) while decreasing other pollutants.

You are luckier to be in Canada, because a GM car or truck has the "lean burn" system enabled for production in your country. That means on the same van, you will get better mileage than we will in the U. S.

Politicians :roll:

Larry

with diesels its oxides of nitrates, larry, I think that is what you meant, in europe they have laxer oxides of nitrates regulations and focus more on Co2, the US is the opposite. with the modern electronics unleashed, with no fiddeling by the government, I would bet trucks like mine would all be in the 20 MPG range. even around town. with the wackos its really all about control, they don't want solutions that make sense

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
steve g said:
with diesels its oxides of nitrates, larry, I think that is what you meant, in europe they have laxer oxides of nitrates regulations and focus more on Co2, the US is the opposite. with the modern electronics unleashed, with no fiddeling by the government, I would bet trucks like mine would all be in the 20 MPG range. even around town. with the wackos its really all about control, they don't want solutions that make sense

Thanks Steve.

The actual term they use is NOx.

And the definition of that is:
Nitrogen oxides, or NOx, is the generic term for a group of highly reactive gases.

Larry

Ashley- It is not a Joe Cell, but an efficient producer of Hydrogen & Oxygen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom