Greenies Aluminum barbbed vac hose fittings...

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Does anyone remember Greenies alum. barbed vac hose fittings?

I had some a long time ago with all my 2.5 hose, and a few for my 2" hose.
They were super thin so they hardly caused any "Turbulence" like the thicker plastic barbs, and they did NOT leak any air what-so-ever.

I really love my Cool- Cuffs, but even with all the GOOP and Monkey glue in the world, they still leak air :\

Last edited:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The softer standard cuffs (usually gray) seem to work best. They are flexible can contract with vacuum load. The connector type doses not seem to make much of a difference.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The machinist said he is cutting them again, so I would call CMS and see if they have any. 650-345-5050.

Another key difference is they are hard anodized and polished as well, which keeps them from corroding as quickly as un-anodized aluminum.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I have the thinwalled couplers. Someone on this board sent me 2 or 3, but I can't remember who it was. They do fit right tight! When they are seated all the way into the cuff, you ain't getting them apart, while cold, by you're on damn self!! I also used them as a hose mender. You gotta get that hose real hot to get them to seat directly into the hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom