Greg Cole Coupon King.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can see Greg would make a great coupon customer hisowndamnself.

Slow down and read what I really said Greg.

The sarcasm and innuendos are right there next to the some carpets will require preconditioning clause

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
He doesn't have employees so he doesn't have to pay overtime. He has independent contractors. No withholdings, no benefits, no overtime, little to no responsibility if they mess up. They get a percentage of the job total....going from memory, correct me if I'm wrong Greg, they get 35% if they have a porty and 37% if a TM. The contractors can buy their stuff from anywhere they choose, but he also sells at least a majority their equipment and chems too. he said he can tell whether they are using the correct amount of product by how much they purchase compared to how many jobs they do. So he must assume they are buying most of their stuff from him.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Lisa when you were out there did Greg show you the workers apartments and company store?

Did he have a copy of the emancipation proclamation posted next to the minimum wage and workmans comp laws?

R

rotovacguy

Wow, 35% for a porty, 37% for a tm?? That's pathetic!! Your whole house special is $87.95 :lol:

So a porty tech can expect to make $30.78 per house?? A tm tech $32.54?? :shock:

Excellent wages, Greg!! So a porty tech can look forward to 12 hour days, probably more and you wouldn't GAS, all the while grossing around $200, and that's assuming they can thump out the 7 jobs you seem more then willing to pour on them. Can you say "slave labor"? I sure can.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Plus they pay for maintenance and gas on their vehicles, I'm assuming, that's normally the case with independent contractors. I wonder if the tech gets the $3 fuel charge?

When I was there, there were lettered vans and their were guys with plain vans and suv's. I don't know what the story is there. Greg, do some buy a lettering package? Or do you own some vans and some guys use their own vehicles? If you own a fleet, how do the guys who work the company trucks get paid? Can they buy a lettered truck from you, or maybe those vans are for restoration?

Take care,
Lisa

Bjorn

could it be they rent the vans and some of the machines machines

wow 35% and 37% I thought robenson was a cheap a$$

Willy P

Name
Willy P
truckmount girl said:
He doesn't have employees so he doesn't have to pay overtime. He has independent contractors. No withholdings, no benefits, no overtime, little to no responsibility if they mess up. They get a percentage of the job total....going from memory, correct me if I'm wrong Greg, they get 35% if they have a porty and 37% if a TM. The contractors can buy their stuff from anywhere they choose, but he also sells at least a majority their equipment and chems too. he said he can tell whether they are using the correct amount of product by how much they purchase compared to how many jobs they do. So he must assume they are buying most of their stuff from him.

Take care,
Lisa

What a slime ball way to skirt the labor laws.

hoboken-slime-ball-cammarano.jpg

Ryan

Those contracters live in America and own their own equipment, and vehicles. They are not forced to do anything they don't want to. If Greg is so bad to them they can go out on their own tommarow.

R

rotovacguy

Ryan said:
Those contracters live in America and own their own equipment, and vehicles. They are not forced to do anything they don't want to. If Greg is so bad to them they can go out on their own tommarow.

Hence, just what I said before........one IS born every minute.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
"Those contracters live in America and own their own equipment, and vehicles. They are not forced to do anything they don't want to. If Greg is so bad to them they can go out on their own tommarow."

Not sure how it works if he is holding the note on their equipment though. Don't know if he carries paper for them or not.

Take care,
Lisa

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
When I worked for a place like that we got 30%. It was the worst, had to buy own chems and pay equipment rental.

Those that were not good at upselling would get the worst and farthest(like an hour)away jobs! Also had to use our own vehicles.

Guys would come to the shop the next day and brag about how they charged some old couple in a large trailer 500 bucks!

That's when we went on our own.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Back in 92 I went thru the rainbow training program down in waco and when I got back the local rainbow guy wanted me to rent the equipment/buy his chems/make %40 and get my own jobs.
And use my own van with his name on it!

That's when I bought my own 10 gallon box extractor!
And said FOOK YOU!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ryan said:

Exactly. When I first started in 1975 I worked as a subcontractor twice. In each instance what started as 50/50 splits on the jobs eventually came to the point where they wanted 60% for all their "work" in getting the jobs. Each time that happened I quit that day. **** them. Of course they are long out of business. You either treat people fairly or you go out of business.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Re: Mikey has crossed the line

He is slander8ing my name with the title he has over the picture. I never said that and I am submitting it to my attorney as we speak. PULL IT DOWN NOW!

Bjorn

no I think not

more like what do you think about that one G#$%g C)*()E

truckmount girl said:

Take care,
Lisa

To me a good strategy would be to set up trailers with either tm or portables and let your help pull them and pay them 35 percent. You provide the work and chems and they do the work. They are employees though. I don't see how anyone would work for 35 percent and have to pay for their chems, insurance on equipment, taxes, fuel, and self employment taxes. 50 percent would be more fair and they would probably do a better job and you wouldn't have to spend as much on advertising.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
"Those contracters live in America and own their own equipment, and vehicles. They are not forced to do anything they don't want to. If Greg is so bad to them they can go out on their own tommarow."

Not sure how it works if he is holding the note on their equipment though. Don't know if he carries paper for them or not.

Take care,
Lisa

No note- I don't sell equipment. They can rent for $13 a day but I encourage them to go to Jon Don to buy. Most do in 3-6 weeks

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
truckmount girl said:

Take care,
Lisa

To me a good strategy would be to set up trailers with either tm or portables and let your help pull them and pay them 35 percent. You provide the work and chems and they do the work. They are employees though. I don't see how anyone would work for 35 percent and have to pay for their chems, insurance on equipment, taxes, fuel, and self employment taxes. 50 percent would be more fair and they would probably do a better job and you wouldn't have to spend as much on advertising.

Lol- it would be a "going out of business plan" BUT thanks for your input.
Hey I have an idea- pay your employee 45% more because I think it is a good idea.... It's fair in my opinion... lol

Greenie

I just wasted another 5 mins. of my life reading this thread....and the only thing I got from it was...Greg is a complete dumbass, and possibly a liar.

If you really did spend a full hour "talking" with Lisa, you wouldn't have made that stupid comment about her bailing on her cleaning company to pursue glides for the money. And so I'm inclined to suggest you sir are a liar as well as a slave driver.

You are damned lucky you are there, and I am here, I can stand stupid phuckers like you, who run their mouth without really knowing wtf you are talking about.

Name
I'm Rick James
I can see the logic in what he does. I think for Greg its more about the money than the relationship building with the customer. His mid 30% repeat rate is the telling sign. It shows that relationship is not being made and most of his repeats use him because of his low prices and if they had an ok experience with one of the subs than thats good enough for them. Plus his subs probably steal the customer more often than not.

I'm curious, if there is any claims who is responsible for it and redo's?

Whats your turn over rate for subs?

How long you been in business?

I would think a big issue is there is no real image or name recognition being created. You have guys showing up in unmarked cars, vans and trucks. I do the job the way its suppose to be done and I can only do about 3 jobs a day, maybe four, thats with a larger TM, 11 years experience and 5 certs. To do 5-7 jobs a day with a portable is unheard of and down right ripping people off. You obviously dont care about carpet cleaning and doing whats right. Honestly I couldnt sleep at night if I was knowingly delivering a sub par product like Pro Carpets.

Good Luck

Mikey P

Administrator
Like I said earlier.

20% of that 30 probably had no idea they used his company last time.

They just found another coupon with a cheap offer from a generic sounding company.

flyer2_medium.jpe

carpet_cleaner_coupons_II.jpg

3051322020_0fbbcac564.jpg

coupon_fish.gif

1253567115.jpeg

7ac1aaa9.jpg

467967039_509134.gif

perfect_carpet_clean.jpg

easywayad2.jpg

0001669039-01.jpg

and on and on...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I worked for a company like that in 92-94. They provided a Ninja, a very weary Ninja, 100psi, 2-2stage vac, and they provided the wands and the job. I provided the vehicle, the gas, the chems, esp the protector, and any extra tools.
I got 20% on what the office booked and 35% on anything extra I brought in.
They advertised $29 for 2 rooms, $89 for 5rms, hall and 12 stairs. I would take on ave 2 1/2 hrs for a whole house package and they said I was cleaning too slow.
My last day I had 3 2room jobs, at $30 each. At 20% that meant I would have made $18 for the day. I told myself if I didn't make $25 for the day I was out of there. 3 guesses.

BUT there is always a market for this work. They tend to be the busiest cleaners out there. There's a tm company with the same marketing, I've said they will always clean twice as many carpets as I would as most of them have to be reserviced. Plus that company has a LOT of turnover.
Have to do LOT of marketing because there is only a 40%max repeat rate.
SPeaks volumes for their marketing because they are always busy. Also speaks volumes about what a lot of people are looking for.
Greg's marketing model targets that type of customer.
AS an O/O, I target a very different customer. I may have a "job" in his eyes, but I don't babysit.

Greenie said:
I just wasted another 5 mins. of my life reading this thread....and the only thing I got from it was...Greg is a complete dumbass, and possibly a liar.

If you really did spend a full hour "talking" with Lisa, you wouldn't have made that stupid comment about her bailing on her cleaning company to pursue glides for the money. And so I'm inclined to suggest you sir are a liar as well as a slave driver.

You are damned lucky you are there, and I am here, I can stand stupid phuckers like you, who run their mouth without really knowing wtf you are talking about.

I dont think Ive ever seen Greenie so mad!!

Back
Top Bottom