Greg Cole has trademarked "pet package"

Mikey P

Administrator
So owner/ops are seen as pussies in your eyes Greg?

Is that what you are just saying?

Before we address that comment and deal with the morals of operating a honest business, something you know absolutely nothing about why don't we talk about this Pet Package term you think you own.

Tell us how you justify the time and expense to attempt to lay claim to the term as well as tell us how you will handle those who do not remove it from their advertising

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
So owner/ops are seen as pussies in your eyes Greg?

Is that what you are just saying?

Before we address that comment and deal with the morals of operating a honest business, something you know absolutely nothing about why don't we talk about this Pet Package term you think you own.

Tell us how you justify the time and expense to attempt to lay claim to the term as well as tell us how you will handle those who do not remove it from their advertising

Nope. Love owner operators. We contract to dozens of them daily. And I have many that are close personal friends.
You are the one I see as a pussy....

I developed the "PET PACKAGE" many years ago. I worked out the terminology and what it would and would not include. This included calculations that would allow me to make an average of a pet job versus a hit big or no go approach that was the norm in the industry. Much to the chagrine of other cleaners; we steered away from the day of pad replacement for pet odor control. This made my company stand out and "individualized" us.
After a handful competitors starting copying me (trying to steal our hard work), I was forced to register it to keep our individuality. Furthermore, with our franchise operations coming online soon; this continues to help us protect our company.

Anticipating such a reaction from you and others we have documented the companies currently using our registered term and started issuing letters. Also, we have been screenprinting and documenting the posts on this and other industry boards.
Any future uses of our protected service mark will be presumed to be intentional misuse and the law allows for suits for not only damages but legal fees associated with blatant violations.
Thankfully, it also allows for suit against those promoting violations.
I have documented your above post and if suddenly there is an influx: I will have my lawyer pursue legal options against you, the company running this board, and anyone else involved.
I have a brand to protect and will recoup the legal costs from those responsible...
Thanks for your concerns and helping to publish this in the industry.

-Greg

Name
I'm Rick James
Wow Greg you really are an asshole, no wonder why people think you and your company is the turd that won't flush in the industry.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Caduceus said:
Wow Greg you really are an asshole, no wonder why people think you and your company is the turd that won't flush in the industry.

"is" should be "are". Go back to school....... shiteatinggrin

Becker

Name
Becker
I owe Brent a beer.

Years ago a developed a "critters package"

Also is spelled also. Not "aso".

Have a school in mind?

Name
I'm Rick James
gregcole said:
Caduceus said:

"is" should be "are". Go back to school....... shiteatinggrin

a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKzKGLgJLOYa]

Mikey P

Administrator
You are the one I see as a pussy
and why is that Greg?

After many competitors starting copying me
-Copying what exactly?

we steered away from the day of pad replacement for pet odor control.
Meaning you made your subs buy a water claw from you?

Also, we have been screenprinting and documenting the posts on this and other industry boards.
Any future uses of our protected service mark will be presumed to be intentional misuse and the law allows for suits for not only damages but legal fees associated with blatant violations.
Meaning the very cleaners who you come to offer help and ask questions from will be sued if they have been using such a basic term as "Pet Package" on their sites? What if they have been using the term for a proven amount of years? What if they are not in your service area?

I have documented your above post and if suddenly there is an influx: I will have my lawyer pursue legal options against you, the company running this board, and anyone else involved.
So if a proven "handful" of cleaners from the boards start using the term "Pet Package", you will sue Evan, Rob, Cooper and myself under some sort of conspiracy of collusion to undermine All Pro Carpet Care?

To me the whole thing reeks of Chem Drying trying to put a patent on a "hole"..

I assume you paid attention to how that one played out.

Name
I'm Rick James
You guys should go check out ProTech's yelp business account.. http://www.yelp.com/biz/pro-carpet-marietta

Seems like his customers are describing this business practice, but I wouldn't know its just an observation I get from reading his yelp reviews.

bait and switch n. a dishonest sales practice in which a business advertises a bargain price for an item in order to draw customers into the store and then tells the prospective buyer that the advertised item is of poor quality or no longer available and attempts to switch the customer to a more expensive product

3 pages of reviews like this:

Worst service I ever had!!!
I just wanted $89: 7rooms and 2 halls service,
but "technician guy" cameout and said "with $89 cleaning, your stain is not going to come out, you need chemical deep cleaning which is $50/a room"
So I let him do deep cleaning job which cost me like $250 total.
Right after cleaning it looke okay but there was still some stain on my carpet.

I asked him, is it going to stay like that? and he said I could test if that stain is going to come out or not.

he tested and he said this is not going to come out.

why couldn't he test the stain before he "deep cleaning" job which cost me lot of more money than I expected.

and worst part is after carpet dry, my carpet is looking worst than before this cleaning job.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Greg, unless you are telepathically transmitting this top secret "Pet Packacage", you, or someone in your company would have to train your "independent contractors" on this procedure, and that breaks the independent contractor status. You cannot provide training to an independent contractor. If you do, they are considered employees.

And Brent, all those bad online reviews of Greg's company are his jealous competitors...just ask him. :shock:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mark Cuban warned of companies that patent a lot of obvious "BS", and then make a business of sueing the users. If they have deep pockets, they settle out of court, if not, you gotta hire a lawyer and fight it.

Wasn't there someone in this industry that patented the term "Hi Flow"? Restricted all the companies and manufacturers from using the term.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dmreed4311 said:
He is sending letters to any carpet cleaner with this phrase on thier site telling them to remove it or he will sue!
He trademarked it on 3/12/12

David did you remove all mentions of pet services from your site after your got your nasty gram?

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Mikey P said:
Dmreed4311 said:
He is sending letters to any carpet cleaner with this phrase on thier site telling them to remove it or he will sue!
He trademarked it on 3/12/12

David did you remove all mentions of pet services from your site after your got your nasty gram?

It was never on my site, Another local carpet cleaner who Iam friends with got the letter and showed it to me.
I prefer the term "pet treatment", I did see the letter and it was on procarpet stationary but not from a lawyer.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I just registered "carpet cleaning" as my trademark.

Y'all best remove it from your websites and all advertising.

I will license it for a nominal fee.

Walt

I have no dog in this fight per se. I don't use the terminology, though now I'm tempted (I can't stand a bully).

But I was cleaning for a lawyer that specializes in trademarks. I asked him about this and this is what he stated -

It's possible to "trademark" anything. But, such common terms are difficult to defend. You must have very deep pockets and be willing to fight a losing battle. He also stated that most people "fold" after getting a letter, but the only thing that he (Cole) could sue for is lost revenue from the use of the terminology - Which is very hard to determine or qualify.

Of course, I am no lawyer and I didn't pay him for what he stated. I just ask while I was cleaning his sofa.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Rob, give Greg Pajamas number, maybe her well formulated emails will do better then his death threats written on the back of his valpaks..

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
this is reminding me of the York situation a few years ago, but even more childish and brokeback....especially when legal action is being threatened...unbelieveable

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
This is very simple to rectify. If you currently advertise a "pet package" and receive a letter from Cole or his representative, you simply file for Declaratory Relief in your local court. This puts venue in your local area and also makes YOU the Plaintiff. You must do it BEFORE they actually sue though or else venue will be in THEIR area a significant disadvantage financially. If you win, which you will because there is a ton of prior use and a good case that the term is too generic to be trademarked, they will pay all of your attorney's fees. You could also sue them for tortuous interference of trade.

Have your friend send me an email and I'll set him up with what he needs to do to file and get started.

truckmountgirl@gmail.com

Take care,
Lisa

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am not quite sure I follow or understand Greg's exact terminology and procedures......
Is it that after his trademarked treatment that the pets need to be packaged?

Oh my. I don't think this will go well here in CA.

Back
Top Bottom