Greg Cole has trademarked "pet package"

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
c5c62e59.png

"spotted carepts.." Why would anyone call you if they didn't have "spotted carpets" So basically there is no such thing as a customer paying the advertised prices. Impossible because they will have to pay more for "spotted carpets"

Berber carpets: why cant you clean it with HWE??? Its total bs that it has to be "dry cleaned". Just another way to charge more..again.
Flight of stairs is "tequivalent" I hope that word is not trademarked yet.. I would like to use it!
Truckmounted cleaning is also extra charge.?
$4 on all the invoices for fuel charge?? Do YOU pay your "employee's" "contractor's" -or whatever they are considered- gasoline, or is that just another way to make an extra couple thousand a month? (lets say you do 200 jobs a week: thats 400bucks in "gas charges" so thats about 3200bucks a month) even though truckmounts aren't running on the jobsites to produce- the fuel charge is still applied?

Lastly: Do you guys do any work with the advertised prices where nothing is being put on the invoice as an extra charge?

dday

Mikey P said:
This thread would have gone 4 posts deep on the New and Improved ICS before Evan got the call from Cole's pajama lawyer demanding it be taken down

If you go to www.icsmag.com and scroll all the way down, you will find this gem: "ICS Bulletin Board. The most active B2B forum for professionals in carpet cleaning, floor care and restoration."

Now that's a package ...

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
For Mike to say he worked for the same type is BS we were 2 rooms $12.50 and just clean the carpet for that price if they wont pay the extras! and If You walk Your breaking Your agreement to Honor the advertisement what was that called a $35.00 B/A.

Its the same BS Sam. Cole's basic package just costs a few bucks more than we did.

His techs still need to up sell "deeper cleaning" in order to make any money so naturally the basic cleaning will always be done half assed (just water) and after half the room is done Mrs Pift will be brought in and showed why she should upgrade her package..
For some of the Miller guys that meant adding Clean Green to the water and scrubbing with their shoe or wand, for some it meant using a rake after pre spraying with their wand/emulsifier and for some like me, it meant bringing in a 175..

And for some it meant squirting a bit of what ever hair shampoo was in the customer's bath tub/shower into their 5 gallon fill bucket.. :shock:

All to true! thats why I do straight pricing cause I'm a wuss never could sell for crap. And I really dont care either way about a package.

My point is everyone needs tp be smart now and make good decisions! If your a multi truck or whatever save money buy real estate when its down if Your renting 5 6 locations try buying and get away from renting build equity then if You sell and get out Your worth something thats more then a name.

Unless its Coca cola.

c5c62e59.png

Able 1

Name
Keith
gregcole said:
A couple of years ago we ran a series of radio ads that said " absolutely no residue". Received a letter from zero-Rez . We had crossed the line and infringed on their "service mark" . Interestingly enough I had proof of prior use ( 5 years before their inception ). My lawyer said I could spend $10k -20k to fight and I might win. Rather than spend time and energy trying to own someone else's claim to individuality, I pulled the ads.

:lol: That still burns in your belly? Just because YOU were a pussy and didn't stand your ground why should we GAS? You won't win in court..

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Greg Cole has trademarked "pet package"

Hey Greg, you've been in business in Callaway, fl since 1993? Interesting, I've lived here on Callaway since 1995 and I've never seen any of your trucks or advertisements or anything for that matter. As much as you typically advertise I'd think I'd have been seeing your ads all over the place for many years now.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

joe harper

Name
joe harper
truckmount girl said:
Greg, it's not your name, it's too generic to be your name. If it was ProCarPET Package, then it would be unique and memorable, but simply TM'ing a term like "pet package", "pet treatment", "urine odor removal", etc....is not unique and far too generic to have any legal bite....it's not even memorable to the custy. Now if you had a logo for it, that would be something to TM, but just the words "pet package" is a lame attempt to intimidate someone from using a generic term that is common in the industry that you somehow suddenly wish to make exclusive to yourself.

You are swinging your dick around and if you don't watch out someone's gonna lop it off.

Take care,
Lisa

Love Ya Lisa...!

"You are always correct..!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnzYG0ZkrXg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ofer Kolton said:
davendana said:
I'm trademarking "Greg Cole" as of today.
Yea!! David.
But could you please be more specific about what it stands for. :p

Now that was pretty funny Ofer..! :lol:

Do you want a one sentece explanation or a whole paragraph?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Zee said:
Ofer Kolton said:
davendana said:
I'm trademarking "Greg Cole" as of today.
Yea!! David.
But could you please be more specific about what it stands for. :p

Now that was pretty funny Ofer..! :lol:

Do you want a one sentece explanation or a whole paragraph?
Personally, I'm a sucker for short slogans and memorable one liners. :p

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
encapman said:
Looks like 123,000 separate entities will be getting sued by Greg...
20120520-tadfwppt7h111jsq1k5sctyewy.jpg

LOL.It would be wonderful to be a lawyer for a foolish vain man. "Yes Mr Cole, we found another one in Nebraska using your special term. We're not going to let him get away with it."
Like little yapping pissing dogs, though hated by everyone else, they're carpet cleaners bread and butter.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Make sure you put quotation marks on your search phrase. The word Pet and the word Package together will yield 166,000,000 results. But if you add quotes to your search phrase... "pet package" - you'll obtain an exact search on that phrase only.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Actually to play it fairly we need to use quotes on the phrase "pet package" and also add the word carpet so we can dial it down to... "pet package" in the context of carpet. When I ran that more specific search it looks like Greg's attorneys will only need to focus on 40,800 lawsuits. :shock:
20120520-eqc9q5ha2u2uaa22i4ksnuf9gt.jpg

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Larry B said:

That's hillarious....."Small Package Special".

you could also run...

"Buy one pair, get the second pair for half price"
"Two for the price of One"
"Blue Ball Special"

Back
Top Bottom