Grey tinge in Mohawk SmartStrand

E

EdJ

I'm seeing a lot of Mohawk's new SmartStrand carpet with a very noticeable grey tinge in traffic lanes, in front of couches and chairs, and under breakfast bars.

I'm struggling to get these areas clean. I've tried a bunch of different traffic lane cleaners like Grime Release Pro and an oxidizing stain remover like Stain Zone. I've tried scrubbing like crazy with the wand. Nothing works.

Based on the location of these stains, I'm thinking they are caused by body oils trapping the dirt and not releasing from the fiber.

Anybody else having a similar problem? Anybody have a solution?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have done some remediation on some SmartStrand carpet with premature traffic lane soiling.

I have some good ideas on the cause, but that is not for public discussion.

Regardless, we were able to remove the traffic lane shading with PowerMax boosted with a slight amount of Dynachem POG.

This is a carpet cut in half at the traffic lane:

smarttl.jpg

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
interesting

Larry, was the left side piece cleaned with anything??
was any attempt at cleaning with any product...or left untouched ??

thanks

..l.T.A.

pmathot

Sounds as though Larry's POG booster is treating the traffic lanes in much the same way as you would treat filtration soiling.

With respect to CTI's dinge away, I believe you are essentially painting the fibre, and not dealing with the issue as per Larry's method. The dinge away isn't a permanent solution either, and when you're paying what you pay for smart strand, especially what we are paying for it in Aust, you expect it to clean up well.

The advertising here in Australia as "rhino" carpet, as it cleaned up perfectly with steam and water alone after having a rhinoceros live on it for two weeks. Would be very interesting to see how it performed after being in a mechanics workshop for two weeks though.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom