Groupon people!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I had a customer yesterday who was adamant that we somehow left a black sticky mark on her sofa while we were there cleaning the carpet (for a groupon.) The best part is that we didn't MOVE the sofa since our groupon deal did not include furniture moving and she would absolutely not spend a dime over the groupon. So unless JR shot a black tar booger onto the sofa cushion Id say its not from us ( I was also on the job). So the husband ia threatening to call 2 other cleaners and then take me to small claims court, lol. So he's gonna spend $300+ to get me to clean or replace a shitty old sofa that they wouldn't spend $80a to clean. Such is life. This was not a typical groupon custy, just one of those outer fringe types... sometimes you just gotta laugh...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
This is an example of why I am scared of doing a groupon.

I want to know if the larger companies like coit, Blackmon, Venturi, hagopian are doing groupon?

And if yes, does it go well.?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Most of those guys have big marketing budgets. Does are a cool way for the little guy to get out in front with the big boys. Like I said, this couple was the worst I've dealt with out of 265 vouchers

Chris A

Name
Chris
Simple yes/no? Cmon this is mb...

Yes I will do it again. Not as good of a deal though. I will probably try Brians $65 for three rooms and shoot to sell around 100. 275 was too Fookin much, and the deal was too good I think ($49/3). Well try to weed out the riff raft next time... ill pm you my cell if you'd like to talk more about it ( and so my wife wont cuss you out you filthy telemarketer! )

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Chris try a Tile & Grout Groupon. Ran mine for $149 for up to 600 sf and $199 up to 1000. Sold 43 the first time and 63 the second time. about 70% of them have bought sealing Which I gave them a deal for also of $100 for the 600sf and $180 for 1000 sf. Have not had 1 PITA customer yet.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That's interesting joel, I hadn't considered t/g. I have to wonder how it would do up north where we don't have as much, but its not a bad idea...

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
kingjoelking said:
Chris try a Tile & Grout Groupon. Ran mine for $149 for up to 600 sf and $199 up to 1000. Sold 43 the first time and 63 the second time. about 70% of them have bought sealing Which I gave them a deal for also of $100 for the 600sf and $180 for 1000 sf. Have not had 1 PITA customer yet.

Have you tried doing a smaller amount (300 sq ft) in hopes of adding on some more at regular price? Do you have link to your Groupon? This is the only thing that I have given even 2 secs of thought. That is a good manageable number on the amount sold too.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I thought about doing a smaller amount but then that would lower the price also. In my market (Phoenix) most companies clean Tile & Grout for $.35 or $.40 a sf. I specifically wanted a higher price point to weed out most of the filthees. But rich people can be filthy also. (fortuanately not many of them though.)

In other markets it is easier to do a smaller deal and still keep the price point the same because other markets charge $1 a sf to clean.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
kingjoelking said:
cleaning and sealing 600 sq ft for $174.50

cleaning and sealing 1000 sq ft for $379.50

at absolute best your t'g clean/sealing between .29 and .37 cents a sq ft...I'm sure you don't have any PITA customers since your working very hard for such a low price

what do you do when they call about counters and showers? is this a floor only deal? i'm sure they'll be calling back next year or 2 wanting the same deal, you gonna give them the same deal?

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Yes it is cheap. most 1000 sf jobs are closer to 700 sf. I can do two 1000 sf jobs a day. They take about 3 hours each clean and seal. 2 a day is $760 a day. I will take all the $760 days you want to throw me.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
2 1000 sq ft jobs a day? you must get your "help" standing in front of Home Depot and sealing with Tile Lab and a groutwand

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
not to sound like a total jerk, but that's a lotta work for the price, u gotta do what u gotta do though, good luck with that

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Bee Busy said:
2 1000 sq ft jobs a day? you must get your "help" standing in front of Home Depot and sealing with Tile Lab and a groutwand

What is this thing you call help?

Chris A

Name
Chris
boazcan said:
kingjoelking said:

Have you tried doing a smaller amount (300 sq ft) in hopes of adding on some more at regular price? Do you have link to your Groupon? This is the only thing that I have given even 2 secs of thought. That is a good manageable number on the amount sold too.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/excel-fabric-care

Heres a link to mine. If I do it again I will do a $65 deal, probably for 3 rooms again. Upholstery might be something I look at too, a cheap sofa deal might open the door for some easy upsells, but might run into some crazy nasty stuff too. I dunno, looking at Joel's deal a t/g coupon might not be a bad idea. We don't have much of that fancy stone stuff in Ohio...

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
kingjoelking said:
Bee Busy said:

What is this thing you call help?
nevermind....2 1000 ft jobs in a day, cleaning and sealing properly is a very long day...I'll leave it at that

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Chris Adkins said:
boazcan said:
kingjoelking said:

Heres a link to mine. If I do it again I will do a $65 deal, probably for 3 rooms again. Upholstery might be something I look at too, a cheap sofa deal might open the door for some easy upsells, but might run into some crazy nasty stuff too. I dunno, looking at Joel's deal a t/g coupon might not be a bad idea. We don't have much of that fancy stone stuff in Ohio...

Stone is excluded from the deal. And I would also exclude condo's and apartments. Not that I have got any apartment purchasers but Condos are the same PITA

I also picked up 2 stone cleaning jobs from the last Living Social ad at regular price.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Chris Adkins said:
boazcan said:
kingjoelking said:

Wow, I checked out your deal and man that is crazy! 750 sq ft for $49 which you take home $24.50 I know obviously you can get ads and such but man, that is starting out in a huge hole! Cant you just do a 500 sq ft max 3 rooms deep cleaned and deodorized special for $99 or something like that? I know you cant do a 3 room 500 sq ft max ( deluxe deep clean, deodorize & protect ) for $180. That's what I told them I was willing to do and they said no way. So I said you called me, I didn't call you.

davendana

Name
d Jackass
kingjoelking said:
Yes it is cheap. most 1000 sf jobs are closer to 700 sf. I can do two 1000 sf jobs a day. They take about 3 hours each clean and seal. 2 a day is $760 a day. I will take all the $760 days you want to throw me.

it's actually 560 after they take their cut, just sayin.

AND if you have your methods down pat and are using chems that WORK such as Señor Joel is doing, 2k a day is fairly easy.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Vivers said:
Wow, I checked out your deal and man that is crazy! 750 sq ft for $49 which you take home $24.50 I know obviously you can get ads and such but man, that is starting out in a huge hole! Cant you just do a 500 sq ft max 3 rooms deep cleaned and deodorized special for $99 or something like that? I know you cant do a 3 room 500 sq ft max ( deluxe deep clean, deodorize & protect ) for $180. That's what I told them I was willing to do and they said no way. So I said you called me, I didn't call you.

We had a $77 average ticket, with upsells. That also includes the 80 or so who didn't redeem their vouchers. I can count on my hand how many 750 sq. ft. jobs we actually did, and none of those did not add on. Most of the jobs that didn't have anything else done were living room, dining room, halls and were maybe 500 square feet total, 350 or so cleanable. That's a 30 minute job with me and my helper if its not really hammered... Also, the 750 was total square feet, not cleanable, and the deal did not include furniture moving. I will definitely do the deal a little higher next time...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Vivers, if you were able to do that deal... Nobody would purchase it. So it doesn't do Groupon (or you) any good to run it.

Real world it's a good deal.... Or should I say a "fair deal". But the purpose of the Groupons is to give an extremely good deal upfront.

But you can't look at it like that's ALL you're going to make. It's a good faith, low price trial of your services for the customer to test you out..... When you show up and present yourself in a pro manner and don't look like a complete dirtbag and creep the lady out... You'll do fine.

Oh wait, I just figured out why most guys here hate Groupon. :shock: shiteatinggrin :lol: J/K (Don't go ape shit on me)

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
davendana said:
kingjoelking said:

it's actually 560 after they take their cut, just sayin.

AND if you have your methods down pat and are using chems that WORK such as Señor Joel is doing, 2k a day is fairly easy.

I keep forgetting about the LS take because we have done so many jobs in the last week that called because of the living social deal and just booked through us instead of booking through living social.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom