Groupon Predictions

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Here are my Groupon Predictions.

The Groupon stock price will be under $20 per share by Christmas. In two years the stock will be under $5 per share. However if the company evolves into something different. This can change , but if they stay to the same business plan They will no longer exist in December 2013. Let it be heard and let it be said. If the company is over $5 per share in two years I will mail Mikey 2 tickets to any sporting event in the San Fran/ Oakland area Or a gift card to a veggie restaurant.

Johnny

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think Groupon was a flash in the pan.
Interesting idea, but unfortunately too easy of a model to duplicate. Everyone and their mother are now offering "Deal Of The Day" specials, with much higher payouts.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Most stock experts pretty much predict what you are saying.
What amazes me though, is that there are lots of people out there actually buying the stock.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Greed is the problem now. If the deal was 75% value and the took 20% it may be a win for business, new clients, and groupon. But as it is set up now the business offering the deal and ther existing clients take a big hit.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Does anybody really give a shit about groupon?

Only desperate carpet cleaners play that stupid game for short term price shopping customers.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Not really. I did it (am doing it) and Im not hurting for work. In fact, we've grown 20% per year for the last 3 yearswith and were just trying to gain some new clients. Not every customer is going to be someone you want, but its still a pretty low risk way to mass market. What other medium allows you to pay for only the jobs you sell?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dmirf1@msn.com said:
Greed is the problem now. If the deal was 75% value and the took 20% it may be a win for business, new clients, and groupon. But as it is set up now the business offering the deal and ther existing clients take a big hit.

Nobody will buy that deal.

I've done the deals where the price is a "little" higher and I got a higher percentage....People don't buy as many.

Don't get me wrong...I'm good with a few less customers at more money but there is a break point where you won't sell any.

Groupon gives people what they want....That's not necessarily what "WE" want...But if you do it right....You can get what you want.

If you're a smart businessman....It's a great deal.

If your a whiney baby carpet cleaner who thinks the world owes him something...Then you won't do well at all.

I've never.......listen....Never done any other form of advertising that brought in more customers quickly that turned into money.
The "Turning into money" is the part that most guys just don't get.

But I told myself I wouldn't promote it anymore on here...I'm happy doing all the business in my areas myself.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
uummm I'll overlook it this time but make sure you're more accurate from now on! :p

Didn't hit me last week on my counting? What do they say about payback? :mrgreen:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I give no coupons.....no specials. I value my time and experience in this business, and my regular custys apprieciate that. I'm not hauling my equipment, my helper, my back.....out to clean a whole house for $50. I'll let the B&S and newbys run the coupons.

Groupon has run it's course in this area, making way for "deal of the day". Groupon may work well with other businesses such as resturants.

Groupon may work well for businesses like Brians, which is sub contracting, which isn't bad if it's bringing in the bucks.

Chris A

Name
Chris
rwcarpet said:
I give no coupons.....no specials. I value my time and experience in this business, and my regular custys apprieciate that. I'm not hauling my equipment, my helper, my back.....out to clean a whole house for $50. I'll let the B&S and newbys run the coupons.

Groupon has run it's course in this area, making way for "deal of the day". Groupon may work well with other businesses such as resturants.

Lol, that's cool Bob, different strokes. Obviously for someone who's business is where they want to be its not worth it, but then again, what marketing would be. And my business is 26 years old, I've just only owned it for 4.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Big Star said:
uummm I'll overlook it this time but make sure you're more accurate from now on! :p

Didn't hit me last week on my counting? What do they say about payback? :mrgreen:

Ill be good, I promise...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rwcarpet said:

Groupon may work well for businesses like Brians, which is sub contracting, which isn't bad if it's bringing in the bucks.

It's a just a quick way to grow you customer base quick...Get more jobs...and make more money...No B&S here...But I do offer my other services.

I don't really sub that much anymore...I'm cleaning myself here in Richardson TX and I lease out my other company in Sacramento.

The Network has me busy too.

Like Chris said..To each his own. If you can do it your way...More power to you.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Dang it boys!

This thread was about GroupOn stock.

Not about your business' credo, or what's good for the rabbit.

It's good to know though :p

P.S I love the picture above. Who is it?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ofer Kolton said:
Dang it boys!

This thread was about GroupOn stock.

Not about your business' credo, or what's good for the rabbit.

It's good to know though :p

P.S I love the picture above. Who is it?

Probably one of Lisa's many Pugs.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom