Growing out of my van....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
and totally ready for a part time helper. Problem is my City doesn't allow vehicles parked that are not "common" to the residences around me. Cab forward trucks and utility rigs are out. I'm going to pitch a box truck with pickup truck cab. Like to have louvered roll up doors on right side and dual cabinate type in the back. Gonna get a photo proposal for them and roll the dice. It would totally help my business. It's either that or I find the biggest truck I can afford and park it at the RV place in my neighborhood for $100 per month.

PCCN

Wow, that really sucks! I can't believe that with all the other problems facing towns/cities today they have the time to put regulations on what type of vehicle an individual can own and park at their own home. Sorry for you buddy.

Dapperdann

Just bought a 2011 Ford box van and the neighbors are not happy but maybe that's because they don't have jobs.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I found this http://www.equipmentinnovators.com/cust ... odies.html surfing awhile back. Nothing like this in California(we don't build dink anymore). I'm going to add this to my photo proposal and build an image of this on several truck chassis. Dam thing is short and clean in the back and the way I park my current E350 on my driveway (unseen from the sides) I might be able to look very similar from a distance. This thing would hold all the crap I could ever use for any job imaginable with my cap free for a helper.

Bob Foster

I found one of those boxes on a Toyota 1 Ton - Terje bought it and he is currently installing a new TechnOViking in it. Going to be sweet! - And they are insulated too.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I like that they have full doors on both sides.

The V-AT trucks seemed to need access to the driver's side of the box to get to otherwise wasted space.

C

clean image

I have a f250 I built with 9 box with lift up sides, "side-gates", rear folding lift up door with a 14-inch deck to load all my floor machines without lifting Albeit not as pretty as link.

I bought a sprinter 14 box I'm fabbing with shutter or lift up I haunt decided

You may look into a FRP box and look into getting easy to install shutter roll up doors. They come 6 ft wide and roll up into 7 inch diameter at top. I'm getting one for my new 12 foot chevy SRW..

You also can look into a lo clearance garage door to fit vehicle in your garage

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've seen some louvered roll up doors on a grocery store delivery van out here. They were a european manufacturer. I contacted the manufacturer of the box and they told me everything comes in a package.

C

clean image

I post the contact info on Monday
There in Ohio I thinks

They will only sell to business
And 4 foot, 2 inch door is like 1k

Jimbo

That van is the shizzle, Noble.

Let us know what price quote you get for it!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
cause I don't 'spose those shadetree wingdoors would be that great for cleaning carpet in the tight spaces of the trailer parks
I'd avoid those gull wing doors if I were you. I had them on a pair of water trucks and damned if one of my supervisors didn't knock one off as he rounded our building. He claims he locked the door but we never had another one pop open. It cut a hole in the building and ripped the door off the truck. A couple of years later same supervisor was closing up for the night, saw they had left the truck out and didn't notice the flip up door was open. Bamm, knocked another door off a truck and damaged the building and garage door track.

I had them both pulled off after that, replaced with dual swing out doors. Sure looked cool but it didn't work out for us.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
RichC said:
Sure looked cool but it didn't work out for us.

It'd make a great cotton candy and elephant ear sales platform .

wanna invest?

I'll drive it to to the gun shows in the winter an sell EYEtalian sausage sammiches and hot coco in the parking lot .
in the summer I'll roll up to the piers and fishin' holes an sell bAit along with EYEtalian sausage sammiches and cold pops ......

we'll make a bundle ..... an be fartin' thru silk in no time .........8)

..l.T.A.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I pay $75 a month at a storage facility for my box van. Neighbors couldnt stand me parking it in the neighborhood and called code enforcement thathurts

Name
BradFenstermaker
Scott I think you should buy whatever is good for the business. $100 sounds good to park it. Make arrangements to have it close to the front of lot and near a 110 plug if it freeze's there.

Only thing is shuttleing all supply's to truck unless you can run by the house to stock it up.

Good luck and this is a good problem to have. Glad your busy.

Brad

Eric Scofield

Name
Eric Scofield
Wow that sounds like the B S HOA'S in Roseville rockland and all the other house farms in the sacramento area. My friend went through it with his boat. The hoa caved. Elk groves no different. I'm just saying.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I know some will crucify me on this.....

but what a bunch of shit.....

i get not parking 2 or more work vehicles......but to not be allowed to park 1 in YOUR driveway (assuming it doesnt hang over the side walk)

is complete and utter BULLSHIT.....

what if you worked for a utility company and got to bring it home???

or various other places of EMPLOYMENT that allow you to drive the work vehicle home???

god forbid it was a cop bringing his vehicle home

and for you HOA snobs that say "i wouldnt want it junking up my neighborhood"

smiley-middle-finger.gif
smiley-middle-finger.gif
smiley-middle-finger.gif
smiley-middle-finger.gif
smiley-middle-finger.gif
smiley-middle-finger.gif

Attachments

• smiley-middle-finger.gif
    smiley-middle-finger.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 89