Guess how much Compound we used on this job..

Mikey P

Administrator
Home owner was to be back sooner than expected so no time to come back and deal with any "HWE Issues" that sometimes occur..

Compound /CRB takes about the same amount of time as single wanding but almost zero risk, on and on immaculate homes such as this one, it's perfect alternative for periodic maintenance..

Take a guess how many pounds..

ccccccc.png

Reactions: Bob Pruitt and DAT

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you share a link on the specific compound you use, and the types of brushes you prefer on the crb?

I'm very worried about you Cleatus...

The link is above.

Soft brushes on this job due to the silk but most are fine with the mediums.

@Bob Pruitt how did your Compound job go the other day? Do you feel you left any behind?

This job has very thin/not dense, off white, custom tufted rugs. It's very obvious when and where anything is out of sorts. Most of you goobers would have a heart attack dealing with this stuff..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm very worried about you Cleatus...

The link is above.

Soft brushes on this job due to the silk but most are fine with the mediums.

@Bob Pruitt how did your Compound job go the other day? Do you feel you left any behind?

This job has very thin/not dense, off white, custom tufted rugs. It's very obvious when and where anything is out of sorts. Most of you goobers would have a heart attack dealing with this stuff..
Right now, my brushes are filthy, because I use my crb to agitate my prespray, so I’ll need a set of brushes just for the compound.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
These crb that you get CCA and renovator trays are built well. Even with just those, you can get most of compound out. Post vacuum is still needed tho. So I still dont see the issue with compound unless you do it wrong.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I carry it on the van because occasionally I get something that I don't think will clean any other way. Yesterday was a viscose bleeder that the Client said had sentimental value...and then said that it was already ruined and for me to do my best. Don't believe that. It has sentimental value...believe that. So my near neutral pre-spray made it bleed when I tested. My dry cleaning ready to use cleaner made it bleed. Large Persian type rug. Lots of vacuuming front and back then compound and crb. 4 or 5 handfuls of compound and the Sanitaire to finish... after running the crb with the renovator trays. She was very happy.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Right now, my brushes are filthy, because I use my crb to agitate my prespray, so I’ll need a set of brushes just for the compound.

easiest way to clean them on the job is tip the CRB on its side and turn it on, let it spin while you run the vac hose over the brushes..

then last job of the day after u scrub the last room pull the brushes, steam the inside of the crb and brushes with your wand, then vac hose the brushes. super ez and its always put away clean
if you let the shed build up youll strip a gear pretty quick

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I tried the compound once right when the strong dry crbs came out maybe 6 years ago... it was on wall to wall carpet that wasnt very dirty and it was kind of a pain in the ass

prob didnt do it right but the stuff got all over the baseboards lol, ended up taking forever having to go through the place and vac then wipe them all down

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Home owner was to be back sooner than expected so no time to come back and deal with any "HWE Issues" that sometimes occur..

Compound /CRB takes about the same amount of time as single wanding but almost zero risk, on and on immaculate homes such as this one, it's perfect alternative for periodic maintenance..

Take a guess how many pounds..

View attachment 81760
How long to do all this./
Did you clean all areas and rugs with compound?
Since your charge was 1.00 for some(synthetics) and 3.00 for the delicates . Same service at 3X the price?

Not questioning, just curious

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
How long to do all this./
Did you clean all areas and rugs with compound?
Since your charge was 1.00 for some(synthetics) and 3.00 for the delicates . Same service at 3X the price?

Not questioning, just curious

We do that all the time, especially wool area rugs we surface clean in the house with the wand. $3.00 sq ft for an 8x10 that would be $85 if synthetic.

Our rationale is it’s a higher risk and potental for issues if done improperly. Shrinking, bleeding etc.

Most people paid significantly more for wool over synthetic. They expect to pay more to maintain it. Most rarely ask why the difference in price . Just as an oil change on a Kia and a Lamborghini are essentially the same process, you pay a lot more on a high end car. It just cost more to maintain more expensive things, and people get that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom