GVW and cell phones

Connor

Name
Connor
Federal ban on using any hand held cellular device. Got pulled over today by public safety department. I had my mobile in my hand using the gps . I got a 202 dollar ticket for violating the the ban. I read that other fines up to 11k may be imposed on employers who have employees who violate the ban, even if they have policies in place prohibiting cellular use.

I'm a jerk.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Connor

Name
Connor
This rule affects cmv commercial motor vehicles over 10,001 lbs. basically any dual wheeled truck engaged in commerce. I live on the state line and work in two states, but this is for CMVs that travel both interstate and intrastate. The Georgia department of public safety told me that they are really enforcing the rule and "targeting contractors" I was given a ticket driving a plumbing box truck, any of you big truck guys could be next. Also be sure your guys have triangles, fire extinguisher, dot numbers posted, and have a dot medical card, too. Not having these things will render you OOS Out Of Service.

I'm a jerk.

Connor

Name
Connor
Went to pay the fine yesterday and got it dismissed. The department of public safely didn't turn the paperwork in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom