Hagopian Pricing

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian R said:
[quote="Ken Snow":1l9x7x6l]
joeynbgky said:
We do it with one guy. Its called hustlin and working hard , fast and still doing a good job.

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

10-4 good buddy :-)

It's also called not over working a job...Some guys clean the clean carpet even though it's already clean.
That whole vacuuming for an hour (sorry Ron)...Even if you're OPing....is ...How did John Wayne put it "reGoddamndiculous)

Just clean it and get done.

But then if you're charging double or triple I think some guys think they need to justify that price with "time spent"....and maybe so...But it's all about how much money you can make in a day (in this example) If you make double on the job and spend triple the time or worse....no good.[/quote:1l9x7x6l]

2 guys is definitely more enjoyable working, esp if both know what they're doing.

And these "vacuuming for an hour " comments are so far out of context its getting silly. Vac what needs to be vac'd, and take the time needed, but don't just run an vacuum over it and say "Its vacuumed", any homeowner can and does do that every day and they leave a ton of stuff behind.

"Justify", yeah, we have to explain that the last cleaner only surface cleaned (whether by HWE or HOST or Bonnet/OP) and there's usually a ton of crap still in they're carpet. Thats why they are sneezing still and having runny noses.

Do realize what kind of crap can come out of a sofa??!! Sofa arms hold a lot of fine dust. To clean one in 10-20minutes, may was well take the carpet wand, spray it down, then dry it with the uph tool.

You can watch vid after vid of hustle cleaning on youtube, doing a decent job, enough that the homeowner would look at it and say its cleaner than when they arrived. Great busn model for making money, but is it part of the problem or part of the solution? Its no wonder we have to deal with crap like the SOA and its a bugger trying to charge a decent price for doing the job right.

I watch threads like this, see all the money being made and wonder what the hell am I doing wrong. Then I go clean Mrs Jones who just had her carpets cleaned by some guy that was in and out in less than an hour. I pull a canister of soil which takes me 35min, set up and clean it properly, takes me another 45min, all in all at least 2hrs with moving furn, sucking up foam, etc, basically fixing mistakes and mediocre workmanship.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
joeynbgky said:
Btw we have a very high repeat and referral rate

X2 including 1000's a year of 3rd generation customers. It is all good Ron, not sure why you are so sensitive about the issue. I don't buy a thing you wrote but honor your right to believe it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron, I can only go buy what you've said and a video or 2 I've seen of your vacuuming at break neck speeds ( I would break my techs neck if he vacuumed that slow. shiteatinggrin )

You say "Vac what needs to be vac'd, and take the time needed" ....I say the same thing (with OP) but obviously it means different things to us....and that's cool. No big deal.

I'm just sayin.....If you waste all your profits on time for what I believe to be no reason....Where will all the time go?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
joeynbgky said:

X2 including 1000's a year of 3rd generation customers. It is all good Ron, not sure why you are so sensitive about the issue. I don't buy a thing you wrote but honor your right to believe it.

Joey and Ken, I'll be the first to admit that repeats and referrals have almost nothing to do with cleaning...It's all about customer service.

Sometimes people are just happy I speak english, Sorry Greg. !gotcha!

Nothing in this world will ever be as clean as Ron thinks he can get it....But I do respect the guy for caring.

At the end of the day...How did you make your customer feel?....and did you lose anything to accomplish that?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I wouldn't go quite that far Brian- I would say it has to do with the whole experience the customer feels and certainly the customer service aspect is a huge part of that.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Actually I'm courious about the routine of vacumming, pre-spraying, filling, emptying and running your portable machines. Does each technition have his own machine on the job you started this thread with? Do they trade the vacuum cleaner between the carpet and then the upholstery? Do your portables have 2 cords? Are they filled and dumped in the customers bathroom?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Actually I'm courious about the routine of vacumming, pre-spraying, filling, emptying and running your portable machines. Does each technition have his own machine on the job you started this thread with? Do they trade the vacuum cleaner between the carpet and then the upholstery? Do your portables have 2 cords? Are they filled and dumped in the customers bathroom?

The only "PoRtIEs" ...Ken's company uses are PORTY POTTY'S..for the company picnic's...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
HARPER said:

The only "PoRtIEs" ...Ken's company uses are PORTY POTTY'S..for the company picnic's...

LOL- for sure kimosabe- we use the worlds greatest van powered cleaning system, Butlers. Last count I believe we had 26 or so, plus a bunh of other vehicles but I can never keep track- always coming and going :)

S

sam miller

Ken Snow said:
I wouldn't go quite that far Brian- I would say it has to do with the whole experience the customer feels and certainly the customer service aspect is a huge part of that.

I agree with Ken, Being friendly and personable goes so far, Knowing what your doing helps alot. when others have failed and You

succeed thats huge!

And Usually most people gauge a good cleaner by how fast it gets dirty! helping a customer recognize the things thay are going to

get the carpet soiled and remedy that Helps too. Floor matts at entry points No shoe policy, regular vacuuming, A video of Ron

Vacuuming to teach them how, Ivebeensold , Or sell them lots of runners that keeps it clean too.

Kens smart selling rugs I get that all the time from my custy's where a good place to buy a.... homedepot, lowes, Sam Famous

flooring showroom I have samples and will deliver!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Ken,

What are you cleaning steps? Do you pre-vacuum and move furniture? I assume you move furniture, so what do you move and what don't you move?

again I only ask because you have it figured out and I see your company as a glaring successful company that I plan on modeling as much as possible. Maybe I should make my signiture line to say. When I grow up I want to be like ken. Or at least a bastard stepchild of his success.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Not sure what ken does.....
Vacuum, prespray entire area.. wand or rotovac. Groom. We will move light things from side to side.. sofas or coffee tables. Other than that. We move nothing

joe harper

Name
joe harper
idreadnought said:
Ken,

What are you cleaning steps? Do you pre-vacuum and move furniture? I assume you move furniture, so what do you move and what don't you move?

again I only ask because you have it figured out and I see your company as a glaring successful company that I plan on modeling as much as possible. Maybe I should make my signiture line to say. When I grow up I want to be like ken. Or at least a bastard stepchild of his success.

You do realize why Barbie & Ken never had children...."RiGhT".... :?:

"Because ......KEN.....comes in a "DiFFeREnT"....box.... !gotcha! shiteatinggrin :mrgreen: "

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Omg Harpman- been years since I heard that one and it still makes me chuckle.

We move all furniture requested that have knick knacks and breakables removed with the exception of washers/dryers, refrigerators, piano's pool tables and platform beds. I think I got it all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sorry, I thought for some reason (stupid) that you ran portables.

Not since the ealry 70's when we got our first Genie 1's (may have even been late 60's, but I wasn't here yet to know.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:

Isn't that what I said?? Sort of. Iseeru

I'm just saying that customer service brings you back and gets your referred out. How do you make them feel? That's the ticket.

If you're an ass and do a great job on the carpet.....Not a chance in hell you're coming back to Mrs. whatshernose's house.....with little exception.....Like Lisa W....She likes the abuse...that's another story.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Likewise a crappy job by a great personality won't get repeats or referrals. They are both critical components in my opinion. Not sure what the Lisa referrence was about.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian & I....have made a DeaL... :shock:

Since I am under a "gAg oRdEr"...regarding Ms "w".... :roll:

He has AGREED .....to sHooT a few "sExIsT" shots across her BOW... !gotcha!

In return...I will make sure he finds...FavOR...with our FuHrEr... 8)

KEEP-UP kEnnY... :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ken Snow said:
I don't buy a thing you wrote

Just wondering which parts you don't buy?

I'm posting about stuff I've seen over the past 17yrs that 95% of cleaners aren't even aware of.

Just wondering, what sets you apart from that 95% that do the same job at the same price.
What did you do or your father do?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Likewise a crappy job by a great personality won't get repeats or referrals. They are both critical components in my opinion. Not sure what the Lisa referrence was about.

Have you seen my business model?? :shock: Ivebeensold shiteatinggrin :lol:

I do try to get a carpet pretty and clean but I know that there are better cleaners than I. It's my award winning personality and super friendly smile that keeps customers my customers and my customer's friends and family my customers.

But I will concede that If you just do a completely horrible job, you can suck ass all you want and you won't be back.

I was just seeing if Lisa was paying attention....It was the fact that she comes here and takes the abuse from us pretty good.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
She gives a lot better and more accurately than she gets, and sometimes isn't even subtle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
She gives a lot better and more accurately than she gets, and sometimes isn't even subtle.
I like her style, she pulls few punches yet doesn't do so maliciously she is usually just trying to help.

Occasionally when wearing the marketing guru hat I may give her a jab or two but I still respect her. :twisted:

:mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm sure she didn't get where she is from be a dumb person. She does tend to over react a bit or assume somewhat.

But she has some good info here and there. :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
3 rooms, hall and 13 stairs
6' Sofa

joeynbgky said:
I am similar to ken. We do about the same pricing and do volume.

joeynbgky said:
Vacuum, prespray entire area.. wand or rotovac. Groom. We will move light things from side to side.. sofas or coffee tables.

idreadnought said:
even with two guys i cant envision us doing that in 1.25 hours drive up to drive off. hmm i wonder what i'm doing wrong

joeynbgky said:
One tech is at about 1.5 hours including vacuuming.

We do it with one guy. Its called hustlin and working hard , fast and still doing a good job.

joeynbgky said:

I am similar to ken

you might think that, Joey
but i "know' Ken's not a big bullshitter

Not so "sure", about you though... :lol:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom