Hard to get good advice...

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
If you're going to buy used, know how to wrench on it yourself. I have always had used, except for my custom built unit in my dodge. I am putting together a little unit in my Hyundai box truck finally. It's an old Steamway unit with an 18 hp Kohler, a cat 3cp pump, a sutorbilt 3lp (36) blower and a lg Ht3 Propane heater. My mechanic has gone through the unit, compression is good, done a tune up and now it's up to me to install it. The blower is rated at 350 cfm at 3600 rpm. I will be running it somewhere around 3000-3200 rpm. Should be good for 200 ft of hose. Even at 300 ft, it will still be better than a portable. The propane heat isn't dependent on the engine or blower and is consistent. If any component fails, it is easily replaceable. I'll post some pics later.
My exact thought process when I chose my new unit. Every component is easy to access and repair or replace myself if necessary.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The wand makes a big difference too. My newer TM (the Boxxer 318) has larger plumbing connecting the blower to the waste tank than my Legend.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you're going to buy used, know how to wrench on it yourself. I have always had used, except for my custom built unit in my dodge. I am putting together a little unit in my Hyundai box truck finally. It's an old Steamway unit with an 18 hp Kohler, a cat 3cp pump, a sutorbilt 3lp (36) blower and a lg Ht3 Propane heater. My mechanic has gone through the unit, compression is good, done a tune up and now it's up to me to install it. The blower is rated at 350 cfm at 3600 rpm. I will be running it somewhere around 3000-3200 rpm. Should be good for 200 ft of hose. Even at 300 ft, it will still be better than a portable. The propane heat isn't dependent on the engine or blower and is consistent. If any component fails, it is easily replaceable. I'll post some pics later.

View attachment 91644 View attachment 91645 View attachment 91646
In these pics, nothing's bolted down yet, that's old hose that's extras from the shop, yes, the hose reel needs to be painted, the heater is there for sizing, the actual heater is an lg high pressure 3 by so I can use it for tile cleaning. Not a lot or room left over but I can still fit a vacuum and crb, etc in there.

Reactions: Deke Hatley

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What I’m saying is it’s not necessary to have a monster machine to get started.

it's not necessary to have one period

You might not be doing them justice when you tell them a 36 machine is not much better than a portable.

then they would be stupid.
there's no comparison in electric vacs and positive displacement blowers .

That statement has been repeated numerous times by a very prominent member of this board. His name rhymes with “Mikey”.

well.....you have to understand, whatever LunkhED is humping at the moment, is best and you're an inferior hack without it

Sanitare vacs to Sharks to Oryx
Vortex to Judstone to one step above a bittymount with the 370

is a CFX and Oh-Pee machine be the next wonder of wonders?? :stir:

..L.T.A.

• Haha
Reactions: Meter Maid

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
NUTS. I was very careful to get all the right size bolts, flat washers and lock washers but I forgot the nuts. One more trip to the hardware store and I might get everything bolted down today.

Reactions: Deke Hatley

steve_64

So, I did a little test while changing oil on my two truckmounts.

I have a Legend GT (23/45) with around 800 hours in one truck.

Almost new Boxxer 318 (18/36) in the other truck.

We do virtually all residential and almost never over 150 feet of hose. So, I cleaned half of my living room with one and half with the other. Used the same 150 ft hose and a Mytee Bentley at 7.5 flow. The paper towel test was about the same, and as I type this, both sides dried in about the same time. Took same time to clean both sides.

My totally non-scientific finding is that any TM over a 33 blower will produce similar results at 150 feet or less. The Legend did produce perhaps a bit more heat but nothing crazy.

It would be good if people stop telling newbies asking for opinions that they might as well stick with a portable if they can't at least go with a 45 blower.
Free advice is worth...well nothing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Who the hell is Chavez?

Mexicun mafia

lta

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom