Hardwood cleaning question

I have to clean about 1500 sq ft of hardwood tomorrow. The floor is in good shape and has a finish on it.

I am going to use a neutral wood floor cleaner and white pad to scrub with.

Can I use my sx-12 to rinse the solution at say 500 psi, or should I buy a squeegee attachment for the gecko?

The squeegee tool works good and picks the water up good, but you can only pull it backwards. Impossible to go forwards.

If the sx works, then that is what I want to use. I don't want to leave the floor too wet. The sx should pick the water up just fine especially at lower pressure and fans going.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use a NO rinse nuetral floor cleaner and one of those thin bonnets with my buffer.

Mist on either with a multisprayer or just a qt trigger sprayer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive used my Gecko with the brush ring in the past and got good enough recovery

I've also done it like Jimmy. But my ass stays puckered the whole time waiting for a scratch to happen

Today I used the Dirt Dragon from Basic Coatings for the first time. Tired it on my Saltillo and on my wood kitchen floor

The tile was pain due to how lumpy it is but it did come clean, the wood was a piece of cake once I figured out how to use the unit.

Daniel, I would not use the SX, too much water..

The brush ring on the gecko is the worst tool ever. The water recovery is terrible. The squeegee cleans great, but you have to pull it backwards. I think I'll just get the squeegee and be done with it.

Why would the sx leave the floor too wet if I was running lower pressure. It picks up great if you run two in hose all the way to the tool?

I tried using a pad only, but that does not clean as good as scrubbing first with white scrub pad then picking up the dirty water. I tried picking up dirty water with mop and then doing a finish buff, but if the floor is dirty it needs to be rinsed good.

I'll just get the squeegee tool.

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you have a CRB tool?

scrub with that first and then rinse with your tool of choice.

I just worry about scratching with the SX.

The Dragon sprays, scrubbs, squeegees and dries the floor amazingly quick.

I got scared after talking with my supplier.

I ended up just misting some spray buff on and scrubbing with a red pad. Then I went back over with a white pad.

Easy money and the customer was happy.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think I saw a "Dragon" type machine available thru powerflite....probably cheaper too.

Prolly----------------Probably

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom