Harv gets his own Segway

Mikey P

Administrator
I would assume the new regime is going after 300 to 500 attendees for their new gathering

What do you think they could do to make the show better than Connections?

Trade show open all day?
Smaller classes with time, space and enough tools to actually get the students "hands on" rather than just the instructor?
Lectures by actual active cleaners rather than has beens?
Round tables where inconvenient questions get asked, and answered?

Just not sure...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You read that right. IICRCA is the newly formed, International Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Council of Associations and they have commited to launching a new trade show in Fall, 2013.

The association will be run according to bylaws instead of by a couple of guys with no respect for the law, so that'll be different.

The conference presenters will be chosen after they've submitted their talks and topics for review. Competition to get on the program, no sales. No presenter will be used in consecutive years to keep the program fresh. The word I've heard so far is that they want to work out a way that association members will get into the event at no cost. That'll be different.

The tradeshow will be run by an accredited and annually reviewed event professional, with input from both the association Directors AND a panel of exhibitors. So that'll be different too.

This is a great time to make suggestions, and until an IICRCA Board can be elected those suggestions should be sent to the IICRC. http://iicrc.org/about-us/governance/

harryhides

Name
Tony
Bryan is correct as usual.
Mikey is wrong once again - you will never, ever see me on a Segway or with a bunch of ribbons.
But Mickey did hit on a few good suggestions.
So whether you are a cleaner, restorer or exhibitor, please feel free to list your ideas here or if you would prefer, just e-mail me -
ampwheelwright@gmail.com

But if you do, please make sure to let me know if you are an attendee or an exhibitor.
If we get this right ( and hope to, simply by listening to this industry ) there is no reason why we should not be able to build up to thousands of attendees, in a few years time.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Is Seal Clubbing season over? Should be a perfect fit for him. Kind of funny the people Harry is associating with now. The same people he trashed over on ICS. Looks like Harry kind of planned this all out. Shady.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom