Harv's new vacation get away..

harryhides

Name
Tony
No, the Great Oz did not make an appearance but is apparently going to show up in Santa Cruz - you should be honored.

Yes, of course I went to Surfaces and ICE to help out at our booth, got to revisit with a whole bunch of BBers and got a really tasty dinner too, made of real, red meat.

Reactions: GCCLee and Mikey P
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Thanks be to the soil gods the Global Resource Center is there for me. Sh.. I was wondering how I was going to sleep soundly tonight......

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I love clicking on threads I have no idea what they are about, so much wonderful info in each of them.

If my head happens to explode while at the Fest, my wife would like the remains back : )

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Nice facility all funded off the backs of hardworking carpet cleaners. Looks like the same people who were at the state of the union address. Walking Zombies. Shady outfit.

Golden Boy

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I guess I don't mind being farmed (hey its part of life in general) but what I do find offensive is how disingenuous and obvious the IICRC and it's co-conspirators all do what it is they do. In an industry that has absolutely no oversight or regulation of any kind I kinda expect a phony baloney self serving "Institute" to be just a wee bit more transparent when it comes their (and their co hearts) approach to very $$$ source that makes and keeps them going.

For all you hard working coolaid drinking patch brandishing cleaning and restoration professionals let me explain. What would be just a tad less insulting and a bit more transparent would be for their Institute itself to be better defined; like "we're the IICRC ever changing and evolving to keep ourselves going with what is quite frankly a really good gig, shhhhhh"

"We created ourselves like many self serving organizations from well intended people but like many industrial organizations we evolved into an entity made of folks wanting to throw their weight around in an attempt to be accepted as authoritative all funded by the very people who are looking for knowledge and acceptance in the consumer world."

"And hey, make no mistake we're not going away. In fact we just built a new Farm Bureau World Headquarters located where else, Vegas Baby!!! And since the cleaning and restoration worlds ain't got much to choose from in "keepers of knowledge" just continue on the ride cause you might glean some tips to help you get and keep your next customer. Just leave everything to us and keep quiet."

And as far as the "certified" instructors wouldn't it be a hell of a lot more ingenious to introduce themselves, "hi I'm Such and Such yer instructor but before we begin I know a lot of you are wondering what's in it for me of course, well let's first take a pre-break and those of you who want to hear my infomercial on my products/services (and about how I use to do what you still do) so it all makes sense why I'm here can get this info up front and I don't have the stress about injecting here and there into what's supposed to be (laughter) a strictly industrial presentation."

See this way you'll know upfront and with no clandestine tactics what so ever you are in fact being farmed. You won't have to have your guard up and where your rubber boots. And next time you show up (after blowing off 2-4 days of gross revenue) to your local distributor for the next class you'll have a better idea of what's going on. It's more about you purchasing some certain powders and juices and perhaps seeing stars about hiring a personal coach to make some "real" money. Oh don't worry we'll thrown in some valuable tips so you can't say we didn't give you something.

So like I said I don't mind being farmed I just want to option of doing something more satisfying like urinating and/or returning a customer phone call whilst they get it out of their system.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
does this mean i gotta have ANOTHER talk wit Harr....errrrr Tony?
i THOUGHT i straightened this whole mess out!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Nice facility all funded off the backs of hardworking carpet cleaners.
Looks like the same people who were at the state of the union address. Walking Zombies. Shady outfit.
Golden Boy

Funding to purchase the building came from Cleaning and restoration companies willing to pay for their Techs to take a class and take an exam for $65.00.
No one has to take a class ( money goes to the instructor ) and of those that do, no one has to take the exam.
The building was purchased for a number of reasons but a primary one was that we will soon need an office from which to manage the new Council of Associations and because property values in Vegas had dropped so much that it is bound to be a very good investment if nothing else.

My dear Waldo, if you would be so kind as to send me framed "Waldo's list of top 25 Carpet cleaners" for each of the last few years, I'm sure that I can find a suitable spot to hang them for the sake of posterity.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Looks nice. Proud for them. How will it help me?

You're a hard man to help Marty but if you ever came to Vegas for a Trade Show or conference there just might be an educational session that could be put on at a lower cost due to it's being in our own building. We also hope that we will be able to broadcast useful webinars from there before too long.
If you have any historical artifacts relevant to our industry, we are looking for items to add to our museum.
As for any other ways to help you and anyone else in our industry, it is early days but we will be exploring a number of different ways to benefit the industry.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I bet I couldn't even use the bathroom there.

You're on, Marty.
There's 6 bathrooms and I've no doubt we could find one for you - could you re-enact your story about the preacher and the broken toilet where you installed a new floor ?

Mikey P

Administrator
personally, I think I should have my own office there and be able to share your airline slush fund card.

Looking at those washed up old dudes all congratulating themselves sort of made me sic knowing not one of them could out clean or out yelp me.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That was two posts fur the history books

Awesome : ). Gonna be a fun time learning from the likes a you two.
I sorta feel honored fellas.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Where oh where are my rubber boots, I need to wear my rubber boots, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Heard this refrain once when visiting the Chavez restoration headquarters building.

harryhides

Name
Tony
personally, I think I should have my own office there and be able to share your airline slush fund card.

Looking at those washed up old dudes all congratulating themselves sort of made me sic knowing not one of them could out clean or out yelp me.

You already have your own corner office, Mikey and before too long your time to be washed up and old will arrive, it was only 20 years ago that e-mail appeared on the scene and you were still in school, how the times have changed.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think the IICRC should ditch the color dying mandate to become a master cleaner.. Being that I'm mildly color blind(5% of men are), but can clean better then most, it seems to be a case of optical inequality..:lol:

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm grateful for the new direction the IICRC has taken in recent years. Not just new blood, but new transparency and all that entails.

There is hope now for honest progressive representation. Good riddance to some of the corrupting trends that seemed unassailable just a few years ago.

Reactions: GCCLee

Buck1955

Name
John
I became a master cleaner and restorer in about 98. Funny, I would get referral calls from IICRC every year around renewal time. Since I answer all calls personally it wasn't long before I learned the BS tactics of the IICRC. Got out and stayed out. Have a lot of respect for Harry so well see what the future brings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom