Has a 20 plus truck company ever kept busy and profitable on

Mikey P

Administrator
No

I just thought the dude was taking steps in business to improve his piece of the franchise pie
yep, he's 3rd gen and smart enough to know that vacuuming, pre-spraying, CRB'n and dry stroking earns repeat customers if the Tech has at least 4 of my required 1% traits.

F

FB7777

Regardless of scale…. After the first 3-5 years, every aspect of your growth should be about your margin

fook the tools, gadgets, gizmos , pads , mounts etc….

1 truck… shoot for 50-60% profit margin ( in reality it should be higher the longer you are established )

2 - 5 truck 35-45% margin

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Are you suggesting that the "in" tools make a company capable of being the best?
Best is subjective, I'm sure I would piss you off while cleaning, and I probably couldn't wait to rip the wand out of your hand!

Ps all carpet cleaners who had one good day think they're great.

I wont argue.

But I can post a better before and after then most.

Name
Nate W.
Best is subjective, I'm sure I would piss you off while cleaning, and I probably couldn't wait to rip the wand out of your hand!

Ps all carpet cleaners who had one good day think they're great.

I wont argue.

But I can post a better before and after then most.

Your photoshop skills came a long way! :lol:

Reactions: SamIam

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Who has done it based on not being affordable but rather a top notch service experience?

Ala' Clean as a Whistle
Possibly. But the 20+ trucks could not be in the same location. More likely a network of sub contractors in various high income locations. All appointments set from a central location and given out to various “Pistol Pete’s” around the country running branded trucks that are willing to play by company rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

Location location location.
There probably isn't 20 trucks total around here.
I can see it in the bigger cities and burbs.
Quality is a daily issue. Good days and bad days. Good jobs and pita jobs and customers.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well let's just put it this way, a recent conversation with a 10 truck operator had him telling me that the people he's hiring today or should I say having to hire today would never even being taken into consideration five years ago. Today most of his employees live on their mother's couches and they all have something noticeably mentally wrong with them.

It would be impossible to find hireable individuals all willing to clean and perform at an owner operator level in any town.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve_64 and SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Totally different business model than a 1-3 van operation.

The owner would be 100%white collar in the 20truck, making a much lower percentage in profit, but a much higher amount of income revenue.

All while the 1-3 truck business would have the owner wearing the blue collar, communicating with every customer personally and having a much higher profit average but much less in the personal checking account.

You’ll never get an employee to have the mindset of an owner operator, unless you do only subcontractors.

Reactions: steve_64

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Well let's just put it this way, a recent conversation with a 10 truck operator had him telling me that the people he's hiring today or should I say having to hire today would never even being taken into consideration five years ago. Today most kf his employees live on their mother's couches and they all have something noticeably mentally wrong with them.

It would be impossible to find hireable individuals all willing to clean and perform at an owner operator level in any town.
Yep. That why some O/O’s like me have two trucks and one route.

• Love

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Totally different business model than a 1-3 van operation.

The owner would be 100%white collar in the 20truck, making a much lower percentage in profit, but a much higher amount of income revenue.

All while the 1-3 truck business would have the owner wearing the blue collar, communicating with every customer personally and having a much higher profit average but much less in the personal checking account.

You’ll never get an employee to have the mindset of an owner operator, unless you do only subcontractors.
Maybe these white collar dudes with staffing issues should figure out how to get some of the successful blue collar dudes on their franchise trucks. Other industries do it.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

What I see is the young guys are too weak to work as hard as you have to as a carpet cleaner.
The physically tough kids have a work ethic and good jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom