Has anybody here used Flex with Citrussolve yet?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I'm doing a nasty restaurant job on Saturday. Last time I did it I used Chemeister Grease Eraser. Had to clean the really bad areas twice with added citrus. This time I was going to use Esteam Attack to see how that works in comparison.
But I just got this e-mail from my local supplier about Bridgestone Flex, saying that it's been out only a few weeks and that it is exploding in popularity.
I'm always curious about new stuff and I'm a pretty easy target because I don't want to be so set in my ways that i won't try something new.
I'm hoping someone here has already tried it out and can give me the thumbs up or down on this product.
Thanks

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Flex has been around for many years now.... its not bad at all.. I know one or two people who swear by it..

I forget the dilution ratio but think its something in the neighborhood of 16:1 or 32:1.. a bit expensive but pretty good product.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
I have a container in front of me now,, 2oz. per gal for pump/electric sprayers,, 16 oz for hydro-force, smells good! Haven't tried it yet myself!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've tried FLex, wasn't all that impressed with it. I personally didn't like the smell. I used it up and have never purchased it since.

On a nasty resty, you're better off putting 16oz of Attack in a HF container, meter it at 4:1, spray'er down hot, let it dwell and clean it off.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Attack is seriously good prespray. If you do like Ron says and add a prescrub you will be out of that restaurant in record time. I hear good things about flex w/ citrisolv but the cost of interlinks products really turn me off.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I'll probably be adding citrus to my Attack prespray, the place is very greasy. I'll be in this place at night with nobody around so I'll be trying the Chemeister against the Attack to see what the difference is.
I'm actually looking forward to that.
There is a laundromat that I'm doing about every 6 weeks and last time I did it with Attack instead of the Grease Eraser. Turned out very nice but when I came back the next time the owner mentioned that it looked like the carpet had resoiled much quicker. I had to agree, it looked pretty bad. Could it be that the Attack cleaned carpets to resoil quicker than Chemeister? I don't know... how would you verify something like that? It might be more likely that my jug of neutralizing rinse might have run out without me noticing it. I try not to let that happen, but that could have been the reason.Operator error...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
is the carpet in the laundromat look like plaid, tight loop berber? I've cleaned a carpet this type and its wicked back, gets lots of sand and soil deep in the loops and its hard to get it all even with vacuuming. Ever try any Slop and Gobble? The Attack shines most in restaurants.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
is the carpet in the laundromat look like plaid, tight loop berber? I've cleaned a carpet this type and its wicked back, gets lots of sand and soil deep in the loops and its hard to get it all even with vacuuming. Ever try any Slop and Gobble? The Attack shines most in restaurants.
Yes, the carpet in the laundromat is a very tight loop,commercial older olefin carpet.I do stick my driers onto it as soon as I'm done extracting to prevent wicking.
The last time I cleaned it i went back to the Grease Eraser just to be on the safe side, my customer always liked the results with that and I don't want to lose him. But I do have the feeling that I might have just rinsed with water that previous time and the Attack has a very high PH.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Some posts indicate confusion between Flex liquid that has been around for many years and the new Flex Powder with Citrus Solv that has been available for less than a month.

Most folks like the mild orange fragrance.

At 2 ounces to a gallon, one jar will make at least 50 gallons of ready-to-use prespray. That is less than 72 cents per gallon. I don't know of another prespray so powerful at that price.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have used it on both carpet and t&G and is worth the bill. Good stuff not over powerful smell. I like it.

Reactions: J Scott W

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I purchased one jug and did 4 restaurants with it. I was impressed with results, I did 2 restaurants with acid rinse and 2 without rinse. Now just waiting until next months service to see how the resoiling results are, and I have already notified Interlink of Louisville to let me know when 40 lb pails come in.

TonyC

Name
Tony Castellano
Just started using it this week, my only problem is that that carpets that i have cleaned with it have not been that dirty and the ones that were trashed i added 20% peroxide to it and other than the cig burn they have cleaned up very well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom