Has anyone had any success with using a Hiring Service?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I use a Bookeeper to handle my paper work, a CPA to keep me out of trouble, a lawyer to make calls and send letters on invoices over 90days, a mechanic to handle anything on my vehicle that's more than an oil change, even a lawn mowing service to keep my yard from looking trashy. So why not try a hiring service to hire and fire the employees?

I had bad luck trying to hire and take time out to do the background checks, drug tests, interviews, etc. So hiring a hiring service to do all that for me seems like a good idea. We get to be picky on who they send out to us, meaning that we can tell them no crazy tats all over the body or exotic piercings, they do all the criminal and drug tests, they call all the previous employers...etc.

I just cleaned some carpet last week for one of my customers who works at one of these places and we had a good conversation about it. So I'm considering using their service beginning of 2020

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The main reason I simplified my services (pressure washing, window, air ducts carpet etc.) down to just the carpet, upholstery, tile, hardwood was that I was ok at everything, but not good at it which hurt my business and the reason I hire the other people to do the CPA, bookkeeping, late payment collectors , lawn mowers, is because it's not good to wear all the hats in our personal and business needs.

So I'm thinking along that line of thought with using a hiring service. It's the reason these big corporations have "Human Resource" departments. The people that actually keep their business afloat don't have time to do the hiring and firing.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We've used services that were great at first and then started sending anyone that walked in their door, since they didn't really have that many people looking for work that was actually work. You have to find a company that specializes in blue collar employment.

We recently used such a company to find a shop mechanic. They pay the mechanic $30 per hour, we pay the company $50. Once we get to know the tech and his capabilities we can hire him by buying out the rest of the contract. Don't like him we call the company at the end of the day and he never comes back, they send someone else.

It costs less than advertising, interviewing, hiring, finding out the guy lied about his level of experience or other goofiness that made him available, and doing it over again.

In this case, the first guy they sent is perfect; way more experience than we need but he was willing to trade pay level for less stress.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom