Has Anyone Here Heard Of the New Company SERVIZ ?

PinStripedTie

Name
PinStripedTie
This is a newer company, being in business (they claim) for the last year and a half, based out of LA California.

They just moved into the Phoenix area a little over a week ago and they hired me as one of their sub-contracted cleaners. I have cleaned over a $1000 worth of jobs so far and haven't been paid anything as of yet.

The way they work their pay outs is, when you complete a job, if the client pays with a debit/credit card, they state that they will pay their technicians within 3 business days and if paid by a check, 5 days. It has now been EIGHT days since I completed the first job and have not been paid.

So, I contacted my area rep, which is basically the middleman between the cleaners and the company... he says he has done everything he can to alert the company of the issue. He also told me that only one other guy had an issue with one check, but that everyone else is being paid.

I had collected 5 checks from 7 jobs completed and mailed them to the company as instructed. My rep told me the company said the checks were lost in the mail due to the post office thinking these envelopes were suspicious and fraudulent, which he claimed was the reason for the hold up - of the company receiving them.

I feel they are feeding me a wallop of a lie and probably sticking it to all of its cleaners/ contractors.

The purpose of my posting is to find out if anyone in the LA, Cali or Phoenix, AZ area is running for this company and if you are actually getting paid?

Reactions: Mikey P

PinStripedTie

Name
PinStripedTie
They don't pay by percentage. They have set amounts for each item being cleaned. So, for example, cleaning any room of carpet up to 250 sf, the cleaner will receive $25 out of the $33 they charge.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk:

They will probably delete it. Send them a message to pay you. It could be the "middleman" that is ripping you off?

If no response wait until midnight & post it again.:icon_twisted: :angry: :icon_twisted:

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
They don't pay by percentage. They have set amounts for each item being cleaned. So, for example, cleaning any room of carpet up to 250 sf, the cleaner will receive $25 out of the $33 they charge.
Those numbers seem odd to me, not much profit for them.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Odds are that if they are running a facebook page and it is active they are trying to run a legit business. If they are ripping people off they will get a ton of bad reviews on facebook defeating the purpose. 8 days is too soon to panic IMO

Reactions: Able 1

FredC

Village Idiot
Almost 2 times as long as they said it would take from a company that is a year old in a crowded market segment..............

maybe they already burned through their B funding :D

Having a FB page that is managed in no way adds legitimacy imo.............and trying and doing are two completely different animals

PinStripedTie

Name
PinStripedTie
I have an iPad with this company and now when I try to log in, it says I can no longer be authenticated!

PinStripedTie

Name
PinStripedTie
The vice pres. just called me to apologize and let me know of when I should be paid. 2 of my incoming payments should be in my bank by Monday.
So I will await this new info and see if this comes to fruition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I did some work for a company called NEST a few years back, thinking it would be a good stream of work. No quarrels on prompt payment, but I ended it because the amounts were too low and jobs too intermittant.

Last month they got in touch and asked if I'd wash store windows about 40 miles away, for $25. Shoot, it'd be cheaper to just send them $25 to leave the windows dirty!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I did some work for a company called NEST a few years back, thinking it would be a good stream of work. No quarrels on prompt payment, but I ended it because the amounts were too low and jobs too intermittant.

Last month they got in touch and asked if I'd wash store windows about 40 miles away, for $25. Shoot, it'd be cheaper to just send them $25 to leave the windows dirty!

Ohhh gawd, that company is horrible.

PinStripedTie

Name
PinStripedTie
UPDATE: Well, so far, they paid me for 4 jobs and still owe me for 3. Remaining total owed me is, $415. The Vice President asked me to call him this last Monday in which complied and he did not take my call. So I texted my area rep and he said the VP is out of town this week. Hmmm... Why would he ask me to call him when he was going to be out of town? My area rep, Darrel, said he would try to find out and get back to me. It's now been over a day and have not heard back from him either. This is so frustrating. I think the ONLY reason they decided to pay me what they did is because I posted a WARNING to all contractors that this company does not pay!

I DO still have their iPad Mini. I wonder if it could be restored to factory? It is set up for Serviz and their software. Many Apple things are not on this iPad.

Ohhh gawd, that company is horrible.
Have you worked for SERVIZ? How do you know this?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
UPDATE: Well, so far, they paid me for 4 jobs and still owe me for 3. Remaining total owed me is, $415. The Vice President asked me to call him this last Monday in which complied and he did not take my call. So I texted my area rep and he said the VP is out of town this week. Hmmm... Why would he ask me to call him when he was going to be out of town? My area rep, Darrel, said he would try to find out and get back to me. It's now been over a day and have not heard back from him either. This is so frustrating. I think the ONLY reason they decided to pay me what they did is because I posted a WARNING to all contractors that this company does not pay!

I DO still have their iPad Mini. I wonder if it could be restored to factory? It is set up for Serviz and their software. Many Apple things are not on this iPad.

Have you worked for SERVIZ? How do you know this?

I was quoting the other guys post about NEST. No idea about this company but know the racket very well.

Able 1

Name
Keith
In my first few years I work for Hi-tech out of New York.. they paid within 45 days. I wasn't making much working for them,but it was money.. They all seem sketchy! Weird that they have you take the payment.. You should cash it and send them their cut.

I don't mind waiting for money when cleaning commercial places. I seem to always get paid so.. Currently owed $15,000 for carpet cleaning,but they always pay..

In the beginning it was alot harder to wait for payment, now I kind of like it (as long as I know it's coming)..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom