Has anyone tried property management newletters?

Name
Lyon
I can advertise in a property management newletter for $327 for a quarter page ad that goes to 10,000 landlords. I'm afraid to waste money, I'm spending money with Yelp for the last 3 weeks now and haven't gotten much business from it .

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
How often does the newsletter mail out? Can you buy a 1/8 page ad (or smaller) for less money and put the money toward a consistent campaign? (You can't expect great results with only one ad placement- it takes time to "break through".) How many other cleaners advertise there?

Steve

PS Also what will be your unique offer? How are you going to jump out at your prospects? What makes you different?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
One word here.........cut throat
ya Sid sells the bidness to his brother in law Sal.....and YOU never get paid!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I prefer a direct approach, either stop by or call ahead to pre-set an appointment. Using some kind of rotation, quarterly or whatever.

We started with some apartments but it didnt fit us too well, handful we clean tile only in common areas.
Commercial landlords mainly now.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Try joining an Apt Association. the most upfront and direct approach you can take with the Property Managers who decide which Contractors they use.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
If you have the money in your ad budget then that sounds like as good a way to spend it as any other but only if you want to work for more property managers. If you're an O/O then it is about a days profit so spend a day calling them and try to get work that way. Or call a couple of the ones you know and see if They ever use the service companies that advertise in that newsletter. If you get a single no I'd skip it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree, only do it if it's a part of your focus on that target group.

You'll get value out of it if you are mailing (snail or E) to them and visiting them regularly. Otherwise who really pays any attention to the advertisers. (oops sorry Mike) :p

P.S. I want that bed! :icon_cool:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I know this is unrelated to this thread, but it applies in a marketing sense.

If you are going to show before and after pictures, make sure they are of the same area.

Folks can smell bs a mile away.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I know this is unrelated to this thread, but it applies in a marketing sense.

If you are going to show before and after pictures, make sure they are of the same area.

Folks can smell bs a mile away.

I found the total opposite true, people love to believe fairy tales.

Do you read these forums?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- too funny Marty. I agree- before and after's only work if they show (as close as possibel) te same exact shot from the same angle with the same light.

I also believe that showing a CGD carpet pre-sprayed and then cleaned is cheating. Can't tell what true soil is once it is all wet down and dark and the contrast is much greater (in many cases) than the reality of before and after.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
LOL- too funny Marty. I agree- before and after's only work if they show (as close as possibel) te same exact shot from the same angle with the same light.

I also believe that showing a CGD carpet pre-sprayed and then cleaned is cheating. Can't tell what true soil is once it is all wet down and dark and the contrast is much greater (in many cases) than the reality of before and after.

Well, if that's cheating then encap pictures are downright Grand Larceny... :lol:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I can advertise in a property management newletter for $327 for a quarter page ad that goes to 10,000 landlords. I'm afraid to waste money, I'm spending money with Yelp for the last 3 weeks now and haven't gotten much business from it .

If your talking about NARPA good luck. My old boss has so many of those locked down, one of my closest friends ads in there and he has over 15 P mgmt. co's he does business with, plus the others on there are locked in. You may get some biz but landing the major players on that particular deal is a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom